Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
An ancient thread, from a more civilized era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What the gently caress is this wuss talk? Somebody get sucked into an eldar webway portal and come out smelling like flowers and potpourri, eh? Did someone gently cleans the demon cysts from your colon with the delicate application of a harlequin's kiss? Convince you that Avatar was a documentary about an eldar croneworld covered in friendly dinosaurs and awash in the joy of life?

It's the Eye of Terror, my erstwhile friend and ablative wound. If anything gets out at all, it doesn't have a 'plan'. We gave that poo poo up when we cut loose the golden throne and a billion worlds clamoring for SPF 50 in a universe with a seething red giant of burn-your-flesh-to-cinders radiation at its center that thinks exterminatus is a refreshing breeze and a great way to cool off on a hot day of destroying all life, everywhere, forever. What am I talking about? I'm talking about the environment, you know, like those pansy rear end space elves wearing polkadots and clashing colors while they totally don't worship slaanesh, probably. Maybe they sing songs during a pirouette where they talk about how stupid and shortsighted humans are before they get back on their planet-sized cuttlefish bone to squawk about how sad it is that their only friends in the universe are busy listening to fallout boy on comorragh all day -- and are way too cool to hang out anymore. Or that their best bet to intimidate anyone, anymore is made of boiling blood and red hot iron, and only wakes up when you strip the hunkiest boy in school down to his loin cloth and send him into the mysterious chamber in the innards of the cuttlefish with a cardboard sign around his neck that says 'will blood sacrifice to field toughness 6 model - God Bless'.

You probably plant your objective-holding units on dew kissed fields of irises and bluebells hoping that Hivefleet Hugs and Kisses will rescue you from a harsh work-a-day apocalyptic end to the hopes and dreams of all life, everywhere, forever. Maybe this ork waaaugh will be friendly.

Chaos isn't called 'plans to take along effective troops-os' for a reason. There are planets where Fabius Bile, Ahriman, Kharn the Betrayer, and Typhus sat down with a case of beer to plan out a system where clones are endlessly churned out on top of a tower on some forsaken patch of ground that's at least 20x20. They walk 10 feet, get coughed on by a nurgling, felt up by demonette, navigate a short, but extremely confusing maze, then are released down a chute into a vat of acidic ecstasy that is the pustulent byproduct of effluvia from slaughtering millions of slaves (who are also clones, and in some cases possibly clones of clones), where they ejaculate their central nervous system and dissolve. They would completely dissolve, except that demon fish the size of freight trains, who move as fast, having either no eyes, or thousands of them, scoop up the now-completely-chemical-polished skulls, swallow and sneeze them out blow-holes that spew lightning into a tortured sky (which, by the way, hemmorhages from non-stop raging storms like a pregnant woman getting gut-punched by demons) where they get pitched through convenient warp gates and pile up by the skull throne to the giddy applause of bloodletters. Each one of these towers generates 53 trillion kilowatts of mindfuck every minute for strange eons, and they can fit a nearly limitless number of these towers on any given planet where laws of physics and considerations like space and time are completely trivial; endlessly generating natural chaos with almost no carbon footprint, and you think anybody gives a gently caress about losing half a dozen worshippers when your used dreadnought pops off a couple rounds in the wrong direction? No.

It's a numbers game, and in this case, the number of times a dreadnought does something entertaining that nets some pain and suffering and makes the otherwise relentlessly boring and depressing quote 'real world' unquote feel a little less chickenshit and a little more like the comforts of home when you're on your 20th year of a black crusade, the better. They let those guys loose in the ship, because it gives the slaves a warm feeling like being at a frat house and hearing some loving hooligan absolutely off his tit stagger down the hallway and break something made of glass, somehow, even though your house long ago got rid of any glass in an attempt to make it party-safe. He's wandering down the hall letting off a few good-natured krak missiles into vital systems, howling about how heretics must be purged--which everybody finds loving hilarious, by the way--and occasionally fixating on a bloodthirster, claiming it's Sanguinus, and getting in a wrestling match, which, win or lose, doesn't dampen his enthusiasm any.

You get like 3 or 4 of those guys onto the field, get them started in the right direction off the Murder Class cruiser (usually by shoving them out the airlock), and ride behind them in the hand-me-down rhino until they turn around, confuse it with a loyalist that stole their air-car in a former existence 10 thousand years ago, and pop it. You just saved the effort of having to press the hatch release and loving with it endlessly until the tortured hydraulics twisted by the maltreatment of an insane machine spirit and about 4 million combat drops too-many finally deign to work as designed. Which, if you're lucky, will finally let the door down long enough for you to kick the 10 assholes who decided that they'd take a break from having a good time in the Warp, where you want for no recreation or convenience of the maddened mind, and everything is within charge range, to ride in some suspension-less shoebox, out the rear and try to find some people for a game of ultimate frisbee, or human sacrifice, or whatever warmaster has on the schedule. It's the ultimate bad vacation, where you get away to relax and then end up spending all your time 'group activity'-ing yourselves into exhaustion--when you could have just stayed home, stalked the undulating fleshy plains of a Keeper of Secrets phallus-world that has a decent Mariott on it, with air conditioning and cable, and had the time of your life hunting cultists who were in on it enough to want to make it fun--hoping they might curry favor that way.

Instead you're out here in some deathworld shithole like Catachan, or a loving agriworld where the most deadly adversay you're going to encounter is fields of unrelenting wheat so endless they turn you sane just to make you go mad again from boredom--and it's in these pockets of so called humanity, or tauianity that your good buddy 'Mourna, Burns The Innocent' takes time out of *his* rich inner life to turn his multimelta on the last working thunderhawk, and suddenly poo poo got interesting; you're having fun, it's a crusade.

Everybody pile in the reaper titan. We're going to get icecream (yes you can have sprinkles).

I mean seriously. The real question is why these boring loving bolters have to shoot in the same direction every single time. It's enough to make a guy lose his poo poo.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Sophia Urista

piss jug thread stirred something in me

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Idgi

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ä

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXEn-pbBcNg

good old transcranial magnetic stimulation. I did an eight week course of 45 minutes a day back in January 2019 and it helped my depression and headaches a lot. I kind of want to do another round of the new kind that's come out (ten minutes an hour every hour for ten hours over five days) and see if that helps even MORE but I don't think insurance would cover it since I'm doing okay. I'd also have to take a week off work and I haaaate wasting PTO for medical reasons.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

PHLEGMATIC

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

what is that, some sort of prison?

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
:nws: https://twitter.com/XLBantz/status/1510841947845398530 :nws:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Sealand really cleaned itself up

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

reignofevil posted:

my control v was empty

Yeah, sorry

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xqvkTmmaNxw

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Please don't break the window. The A/C is on, he has water, and is listening to his favorite music."

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
https://youtu.be/2k5ESy3Otuw

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

quote:

(its a single space because i always clear my clipboard with a single space)

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

“EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT”

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

"The water current in the body of a cephalopod mollusc provides"

I was copy and pasting an online bio quiz question into google

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Cimber posted:

I actually have no idea but its kinda cool

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=253801561

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMl2DlWX7w

i am staying tuned for more hypnospace outlaw news

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Erdtree Seal

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
- The intercom on the door to [REDACTED] stairs doesn’t work (though the one on the [REDACTED] gate does).
- The plug mechanism on the bath doesn’t work
- There is a persistent partial blockage in the kitchen sink (I think from the tenancy agreement that it’s my responsibility to fix that though).

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

ibarbeque

Which is Xhosa for 'barbeque'.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
isinglass

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Software Tools in Pascal,

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
lmao this guy doesn

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Willkakuti

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
The default maximum supported message size is 2KB (2048 bytes).

Use $MaxMessageSize parameter to handle more than 2KB message size.

Add $MaxMessageSize line before loading imudp.so / imtcp.so module in /etc/rsyslog.conf.

Example: Increase maximum messages size to 8KB.

# vi /etc/rsyslog.conf
→ :
→ :
$MaxMessageSize 8k → → <---
→ :
$ModLoad imudp.so
$UDPServerRun 514

$ModLoad imtcp.so
$InputTCPServerRun 514
→ :

# service rsyslog restart

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Cimber posted:

Apparently it's No Man's Land Fort, one of the four Solent Forts.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Apparently it's No Man's Land Fort, one of the four Solent Forts.

And doing some reading someone apparently had the great idea to turn it into a hotel.

Gee, i wonder why they went out of business a few years later.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

https://i.imgur.com/xUTwTq1_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Do I even want to ask?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.amazon.ca/Mad-Catz-Auth...350186300&psc=1

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

you'll finally be content and happy if you buy this mouse fella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

kntfkr posted:

you'll finally be content and happy if you buy this mouse fella
Which will bring more happiness the Mad Catz The Authentic R.A.T. Pro X3 Gaming Mouse or the MÄNNKITCHEN PEPPER CANNON?