Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Oh bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I know Tiger denied having pushed that shot at 18 from the bunker at the Canadian so many years ago, but that shot he just hit into 10 was definitely pushed right? Crazy if he decided now was the time to attack lol. Still, hell of a shot.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Anno posted:

I know Tiger denied having pushed that shot at 18 from the bunker at the Canadian so many years ago, but that shot he just hit into 10 was definitely pushed right? Crazy if he decided now was the time to attack lol. Still, hell of a shot.
Ya no chance he was trying to go that far right today.

Also he's full of poo poo wrt the shot at the Canadian Open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpEldFxuoI

The announcers cite 213 yards but that can't be the true distance to the flag, must have been the distance if you were coming around the fairway on the left.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 8, 2022

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Harry Higgs looks like the Norm Peterson of the PGA.

"What's shakin' Harry?"
"My head after that tee shot."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

"gently caress you, Justin" - Justin Thomas

and thank you Masters for replaying it complete with the audio again

Anno
May 10, 2017

Ted Scott's about to be a 3 time Master's champion.

Related, Jesus Christ this shot.

https://twitter.com/TheMasters/status/1512508597472796675

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Everyone ok with Tigers shirt color today? Y’all were kinda pissy about that pink shirt yesterday which was actually really nice.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The fact that not only is Tiger Woods gonna make the cut, but do so comfortably, is unreal to me. This is way more than I expected.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Douchebag posted:

Everyone ok with Tigers shirt color today? Y’all were kinda pissy about that pink shirt yesterday which was actually really nice.
the color was nice the collar was funky

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders
The fit was so wierd, poofy blouse sleeves. If it helps him shoot under par, he should wear it every day, though.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like Fitzpatrick's joggers

I guess there's nothing stipulating boring khakis

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My God what a shot on 16.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Ugh, just barely missed the birdie putt

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Glumslinger posted:

Ugh, just barely missed the birdie putt

I missed the start of the round. What happened w/ the +4 through 5? Wind? Because other than that, he's in contention.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

I missed the start of the round. What happened w/ the +4 through 5? Wind? Because other than that, he's in contention.

Combination of stuff.
Wind put him into weird recovery shots around the green instead of dancing. Then looked like he was having problems reading even short putts and nothing was going in for him and maybe just jittery in general.
He was laughing at himself early on, so I don't think he was being too hard on himself, just not on his game, but I mean seriously c'mon.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell yeah boys we're getting two more days of Tiger at the Masters.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

lmfao nice +12 Bryson

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What did Mickelson do? I noticed he isn't on the leaderboard and a couple months back I heard some blurb that he upset everyone.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

What did Mickelson do? I noticed he isn't on the leaderboard and a couple months back I heard some blurb that he upset everyone.

Searching for Jamal Khashoggi

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ugh that missed birdie at 16 sucks but overall impressive round

Even through all those opening bogies it didn't seem like he couldn't turn it around. excited for the weekend.

Huskers
May 9, 2009

Kirios posted:

lmfao nice +12 Bryson

He's really tearing up this "Par 68" course.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

gently caress you Jordan

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Dang this looks like one of the most competitive pool weekends for the masters in awhile. Theoretically everyone on the list has a chance to win.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Huskers posted:

He's really tearing up this "Par 68" course.

Apparently if you were to score him against his par 67 he's +43 over the last 8 rounds.

that's only +3 to actual par but talk poo poo get hit

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

63 year old Larry Mize beat him. That’s just awesome.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The guy commenting on the featured groups stream needs to never call golf again.

While Lee was teeing off:

"You know, this is fascinating to me," as he's talking to his caddie, "you've played several practice rounds. It's the third round today. How do you not know where you're hitting it?!" Hits the shot. "See? I mean I can't imagine you're aiming at a different tree than any other day. :smug:"

There were loving 25 mph wind gusts yesterday you dumb gently caress

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Finau opening up with a 3-putt. Not great!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cam Champ just pushed one 385 yards off the box. That's not a typo.

I'm not sure if it's landed yet.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Man I'd love to be in a Tiger/Kisner casual round with the amount of chirping that would be going on between the two!

Anno
May 10, 2017

My back started hurting watching Tiger try to get that ball out of the hole. This seems like doubly-bad weather for the cat today.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hole 3 and Tiger doesn't look comfy walking.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Pretty sure I'm hitting driver on #4 lol. Or just lay up.

soupy.
Jun 2, 2019

E: I asked "why people no like Bryson??", but after doing barely any research I found a handful of reasons why someone would think he's a turd. So ignore me hah.

soupy. fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 9, 2022

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tiger's wedges are on point right now

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

soupy. posted:

E2: Ah, lol. After spending five seconds of doing research and seeing if there was a "controversies" tab on his Wiki, I see that he had some words to say about the covid vaccine and he's a trump guy. That's probably a ton of guys on the tour, but that isn't helping win me over at all.
He also has a very high opinion of himself. There was a time when he was having a lovely round, and he complained to a cameraman that he was "ruining his brand" by filming him while he was playing bad.

Edit: whoopsie, double for Tiger.

Presto fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 9, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh no Tiger

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Kisner's hat is crooked and it's driving me nuts.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Tiger's wedges are on point right now

Aaaand another one on 7

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tiger (still) out driving his partners but constantly short on his approach shots :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Except for the second into 10 yesterday I think every one of his irons has come up short if the ball was noticeably under his feet. But yeah today he just doesn't seem to have a good read on distance. Seems like the cold has taken off a good bit of yardage from yesterday.