Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
if you're uncomfortable punching down just do it through a proxy

it's not okay to make fun of poor working class bigots, that's why we have jeff foxworthy and larry the cable guy, so you can make fun of the rich people pretending to be hicks

just like how if you want to make fun of gay people just rip on jake gyllenhaal and heath ledger or if you want to make fun of chinamen make fun of warner oland or sidney toler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the young ones is p' funny op and it's entirely punching down

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
if air bud came out in the '40s they would have gotten a white guy to play the golden retriever and then it would finally be okay to ridicule those ugly stinky mutts

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Beefed Owl posted:

Also Wizard Master STFU my god.

gently caress you!

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Counterpoint: gently caress you Wizard Master :hmmyes:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Wizard Master posted:

gently caress you!

I would but I am afraid the collective diseases I would acquire would literally kill me.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Punching down is fine as long as you’re with a chill group of friends.

I wouldn’t be saying that poo poo to my boss or neighbor.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Schweinhund posted:

Wait, Dave Chappelle is black so he's punching up so his jokes about trans people are ok? Or are trans people beneath black people? Does that mean trans people can make racist jokes since that's punching up? Or maybe characterizing jokes as "punching down" is dumb.

A question for the ages and no one will answer it. lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

punch midgets yes no

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No, that's pretty inappropriate.

Unless it's one midget sitting on another's shoulders with a trench coat on, in which case how would you even know? I would say it's ok in that scenario.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h-EDVN8gOA

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

No, that's pretty inappropriate.

Unless it's one midget sitting on another's shoulders with a trench coat on, in which case how would you even know? I would say it's ok in that scenario.

I think it's justified if they start it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sigher posted:

A question for the ages and no one will answer it. lol

I already did; the problem is the jokes weren't funny and now he won't stop whining like a little bitch about jt

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

punch midgets yes no

No, throw them.

I wonder whatever happened to that great Australian sport, dwarf tossing.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

directions unclead, drop kicked a dwarf, banned from rivendell open mics

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

garfield but he's a karen complaining about the youth being disrespectful to him. that's the act, no jokes, just like the comic strip

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If it’s funny

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Who What Now posted:

I already did; the problem is the jokes weren't funny and now he won't stop whining like a little bitch about jt

You only said "who cares" and commented on the jokes not being funny, which doesn't have anything to do with the question. Was it in another thread?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A "crazy" comedian repeatedly punching himself in the nuts might be pretty good slapstick.

He could wear a cricket box so the act is repeatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sigher posted:

You only said "who cares" and commented on the jokes not being funny, which doesn't have anything to do with the question. Was it in another thread?

Who cares is the answer. Whether black people or trans people are more oppressed isn't why Dave was "cancelled", it's because he was unfunny and then acted like a huge baby bitch.