Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

ive become char aznable irl being forced to pilot the sazabi because none of my loving teammates want to

ive become amuro ray irl being forced to pilot the gundam so i can throw hyper hammers at the loving sazabi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Unhappy Meal posted:

Speaking of, I want that Char Zaku skin, but also don't think I have it in me to force the grind. I've got work I should be doing. :smith:

The stuff in the beta season pass doesn't carry over to live. All you get is a player icon and an RX-78 skin for hitting 20 in the beta.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Unhappy Meal posted:

Speaking of, I want that Char Zaku skin, but also don't think I have it in me to force the grind. I've got work I should be doing. :smith:

FYI the char zaku skin is only for the duration of the beta. You get a reward in the final game for reaching battlepass level 20 in the playtest, but it isn't that reward. It's an rx-78 skin

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Yea if it was the Char skin I'd probably grind it out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Honestly, the special skin in the full game being unlocked at level 20 is kind of a harsh ask for a network test that's up for 5 days. Like, a season pass like this is more reasonable over an actual season, like a month or two, but that's a LOT of game to play in less than a week.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Which Suits do you guys want to see added. I brought up the Kimaris Vidar, curious about other people’s opinions.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Guncannon, get the whole gang in.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the hyaku shiki seems like an obvious choice

also been having a good time with the guntank. the autoaiming gun is whatever, but going into aim mode makes the gun really shred people

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Leo would be great as an alt skin for the Zaku

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Okay, thank goodness on the battle pass reward. RX-78 is fun, but not Zaku fun.

I'd want the Grimoire just for the unique look, but dunno what they'd do with it that Zaku doesn't do already. (Oh, they could make it a Zaku skin and completely own me, drat.)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The rest of the RX-78 series. Give me my 04, 05, Mudrock, and Alex.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Really hoping Barbatos and GM Sniper get nerfed in the full release, GM Sniper is just too safe for how quick it can put out damage and while there's counterplay to Barbatos it's just infinitely superior to Exia while being easier to play and is kinda brainless in how easy it is to oneshot everyone in the game.

The game is very fun but it's massively held back by how awful the Overwatch genre is.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Which Suits do you guys want to see added. I brought up the Kimaris Vidar, curious about other people’s opinions.

Acguy. Every Gundam anything needs Acguy.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Oh god. I hadn't been paying much attention to Marasai, but they can just hook combo kill anyone 1000 HP or less.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Heavyarms from wing and everything from G gundam

GM in this seems very bad

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Give me the Physalis and its stupid atomic bazooka

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i doubt we get g gundam in here, but i could see some wing suits coming in at some point.

if they're dedicated to more grunt suits, we gotta get a kapool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

100% we'll be getting the Aerial when Witch comes out.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kapool would be good zz/turn-a representation

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Heavyarms from Wing would work the best out of the suits from that series, though Guntank is basically the playstyle I would assume it would have.

Give me the EZ-8 though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Unhappy Meal posted:

Oh god. I hadn't been paying much attention to Marasai, but they can just hook combo kill anyone 1000 HP or less.

You can but the hook's range is extremely short and it has a brutal startup animation, so it's honestly less dangerous as a backstabber than the Zaku IMO. It does provide decent mid-range poke fire though.

It would be significantly better if you could hook shields but you can't.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Dpulex posted:

Heavyarms from wing and everything from G gundam

GM in this seems very bad

Heavyarms ult would have to be the spinny knife move, right?

Gimme the Alex Gundam though. Maybe Gouf custom as well.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Gin_Rummy posted:

That or the bigass beam cannon form endless waltz manga

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Gin_Rummy posted:

Its ult would totally be the over the top "fire everything" it has in every game. Leaves you immobile but explodes everything in front of you.

I really want to see the tallgeese for wing rep though. Deathscythe might be nice for a fun stealth/melee sort of character. But I really want more weird MS like the various aquatic ones.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Gundam Maxter or bust

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

itd be really funny for the first wing suit to be a taurus

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question how do you change the area you are matched it I clicked Asia cause I saw recommended. But North America makes more sense cause I am there.

Edit: Figured it out it just has to be done from the login screen.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 10, 2022

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Unhappy Meal posted:

Okay, thank goodness on the battle pass reward. RX-78 is fun, but not Zaku fun.

I'd want the Grimoire just for the unique look, but dunno what they'd do with it that Zaku doesn't do already. (Oh, they could make it a Zaku skin and completely own me, drat.)

The reward skin that carries over into the actual game kinda sucks, too.

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1512480279503388676

Wow, a Gundam with yellow shoulders, wrists, and ankles. How exciting. :geno: I'm kinda glad it sucks, though, so I don't feel any urge to grind out 20 levels in like two days.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Varinn posted:

The first SEED suit is an up-jumped grunt that showed up in like the last five episodes of SEED Destiny and has almost no screen time, so anything is possible.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Varinn posted:

As long as it's not something lame like deathscythe.

Really the only two decent gundams from wing are heavyarms and sandrock

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
After a day of playing, I think the game has potential. I like the rotating king of the hill map. It has lots of paths and levels and allows for so much flanking and movement.

The capture and defuse maps have huge choke points that I dislike as they get stale quickly.

The suits are varied and most have abilities that are a spectacle, which is good.

The feel of shooting guns is kind of bad, but I do feel very anime with several of the suits.

The graphics are not good and performance should be better. Texture work is low detail, animations are OK, special effects could be better, lighting is basically non existent. Same with shadows. Maps and skins are rather bland.

Can't really recommend to people that aren't fans of the series or anime mechs because of the low production values and not great fun feel.

I still had a lot of fun, though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I played Asshimar for the first time because I expected it to be stupid and suck. But oh my god it's stupid and is awesome I love this thing. This poor guntank I kept loving up wound up wasting his entire ult to just blow my rear end out of the sky

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Man, Barbatos feels a bit overtuned.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kitfox88 posted:

Man, Barbatos feels a bit overtuned.

It's oppressive at first, but I have started to learn how to deal with it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Turn-A is starting to grow on me a bit, but that might be stockholm syndrome. I really want to get good with it. It does feel good to give sazabi and barbatos big mustachioed hugs though, teach them to be a pain in my rear end.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i love the GM

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I thought I liked the Turn-A but I keep whiffing the grab and I'm not a fan of plinking with his gun. I do like his tankiness and nanoskin though.

I love that his reload animation is just "welp don't need this one anymore"

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any word (official or not) about release date for the game, or plans for after the Test?

I just found out about it and it looks pretty good, even if I really dislike mechas. Been wanting a decent overwatch clone for a bit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Any word (official or not) about release date for the game, or plans for after the Test?

I just found out about it and it looks pretty good, even if I really dislike mechas. Been wanting a decent overwatch clone for a bit.

I've gotten like four friends who don't know what gundam is outside of the fact that gandum is some sort of famous robot to be weirdly excited for this game by virtue of showing off my bad gameplay and the character abilities. There's some solid potential here and I'm down for it.

I really hope they fix the matchmaking though because it feels like for every match I win, I get slapped into three matches with demi-gods that outperform my whole team so well and above that we shouldn't even be in the same matching system with them. But since a win gains like twice as much rating as losing does I guess I'm just trapped in this endless cycle.

Also while I'm being really nitpicky, a few things need to be touched up a bit. I don't know if it's lag or what, but the Marasai's hook is really jank to use; the windup takes forever in a game where enemies can dash and sprint freely, and it has a habit of pulling enemies right through you and dropping them behind you so the like one second stun has worn off by the time your also long stab animation hits them. Also it being the only stun deflected by shields hurts.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Revitalized posted:

I thought I liked the Turn-A but I keep whiffing the grab and I'm not a fan of plinking with his gun. I do like his tankiness and nanoskin though.

I love that his reload animation is just "welp don't need this one anymore"

Sprint while charging and shoot charged shots while doing so! You have to let go of the sprint button to fire, though.

You end up more mobile than most other suits while still dealing good damage (510 with a fully charged headshot). Just skating around and stunting on people.