Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao got a couple more games in and learned that Zeta Gundam sort of sucks and a total blowout, had no games where someone didn't quit/crash, one other loss, and one draw in extended overtime because someone quit/crashed (probably crashed)

I'll probably try again with Kampfer once then call it there, this sucks no game can keep a full team anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Endorph posted:

guy who had a giant video ranting about how gamergate was a little cooky but like, feminism IS bad, guys

lmao I did not know about this, though frankly that's on me--all the signs are there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They rebalanced the game again lmao

Methuss now does even less damage and GM Sniper II "isn't winning enough" so it has more bullets on its sub and can use its vulcans more

Sure, whatever, who gives a poo poo lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 28, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Why would they even release a balance patch when the game is dead in like two weeks?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kanos posted:

Why would they even release a balance patch when the game is dead in like two weeks?

To balance for Kampfer of course!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1716682505800257699

:patriot:

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Gotta admire the commitment, changing how armour works this late in the game.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

What a strange story this game is. A game that hit at the perfect time, seemed to strike gold, and had a huge initial following and then bled out its entire playerbase like a firehose because their response to various player issues and grievances was about as rapid and responsive as continental drift.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

What a strange story this game is. A game that hit at the perfect time, seemed to strike gold, and had a huge initial following and then bled out its entire playerbase like a firehose because their response to various player issues and grievances was about as rapid and responsive as continental drift.

It bled players because Overwatch 2 came out 3 weeks later lol. 20k player peak a week before OW2 and 7k player peak a week later.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kild posted:

It bled players because Overwatch 2 came out 3 weeks later lol. 20k player peak a week before OW2 and 7k player peak a week later.

Just not enough people out there who want to gently caress gundams.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kild posted:

It got a pretty big influx of players when OW2 also hosed it up, then Evo faceplanted even harder lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

It got a pretty big influx of players when OW2 also hosed it up, then Evo faceplanted even harder lol

god

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Everyone seems to hate melee and sniper units, what should we do?

Make more!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

The funniest patch was from like two months ago where they finally went "oh, Barbatos being able to one shot people isn't particularly fun or engaging" and nerfed it after a year of it existing in that state.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

No? It doesn't gain players until Nov 24th 2022 where it goes from 1.8k to 2.1k

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gotta say they still make cool trailers that show some passion, even at the end. Hopefully they'll get another chance somewhere else.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

A whopping 300 people came back for Season 2. Woof.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kanos posted:

I know I, and most of the people I knew who gave it a try, probably would have stuck around longer if you could earn more than two suits a season without paying and it felt like the devs gave a single iota of a poo poo. But up until I quit the only changes they made involved nerfing suits like the marasai because you know, a two or three hit combo is just way too strong when half the other suits were just one shotting everyone and weren't made of wet paper.

Blockhouse posted:

A whopping 300 people came back for Season 2. Woof.

They probably came back to see if the game had changed any.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Nuebot posted:

I know I, and most of the people I knew who gave it a try, probably would have stuck around longer if you could earn more than two suits a season without paying and it felt like the devs gave a single iota of a poo poo. But up until I quit the only changes they made involved nerfing suits like the marasai because you know, a two or three hit combo is just way too strong when half the other suits were just one shotting everyone and weren't made of wet paper.

The monetization scheme was one of those player issues that they never addressed, though for that one I'm willing to cut them some degree of slack because it was probably a mandate from their marketing overlords.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The monetisation was entirely why I stopped playing.

Suit balance was fine, barb stopped being a pain against good teams and I'm sadly used to snipers being snipers

But gently caress the suit buying poo poo

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

The thing that ultimately drove me off was that the round format sucked poo poo. Every game took a loving age!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kild posted:

If you're only looking at Steam Charts it was on consoles too, but there was a moment where streamers swapped over then pretty quickly gave up on it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kanos posted:

The thing that ultimately drove me off was that the round format sucked poo poo. Every game took a loving age!

Yeah it was a combination of the two bad suits scaring off new players, monetization, and the round format. A shame they'd made a better game than OW and OW2 and managed to fumble it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Also remember that ranked didn't work unless you swapped to asia + hosed your ping and that just killed any chance at a western scene for this game.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I loved the game for s1 but being able to accidentally gently caress up and spend the free suit currency, lovely monetization overall, and na dying out made me uninstall even though I bought the s1 bp

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It is very funny they're still pretending to balance the game because they didn't balance Kampfer even a little lmao, it's busted as hell. Almost as busted as the servers still are

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

The fact they killed this, a functional product. Yet their metavoid gets to exist is sad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trunkh posted:

The fact they killed this, a functional product. Yet their metavoid gets to exist is sad.
they also deleted the downloads of the metaverse after they accidentally gave out instructions on how to 3d print their plastic models in it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

trunkh posted:

It's okay we have a free to play gacha autobattler again! Everyone loves those!

This is like the third gundam one I've played.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Endorph posted:

they also deleted the downloads of the metaverse after they accidentally gave out instructions on how to 3d print their plastic models in it

Lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ybIzKu6WU

Oh hey, we have private servers being worked on

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ybIzKu6WU

Oh hey, we have private servers being worked on

Oh wow

Hope they can tweak the match settings so that a single match won't take half an hour.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol, I end the game how it began - people crashing, aimbot snipers through walls, and someone cheating themselves infinite health and damage

E: It never gave me the new space map lmao. Rip Evolution

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 28, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2-PJRYHx60

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

gundam evo did not outlive kissinger

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Game got me back into gundam after forgetting about it for a very long time, watching shows and buying gunpla, so it was a very successful advertisement.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It is honestly very funny to me that they actually had a series running while the game was up and never even tried to do any kind of promo outside of like a spray and a weapon deco. That kind of feels like a surefire thing you do with a licensed live service game. Instead they went and revived the SD Gundam game for a new DLC instead.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

an esports game that had next to no esports investment, an advertisement that did not advertise the show currently airing, and a cancelled game that still saw active development and new content right up until the very end

gundam evolution was a game that defied common logic

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

that last part was pretty cool though i kinda wish i had logged in at least once to check out the new stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And you still had to pay for the content