Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, they're fixing one of the major problems people had with the game only after its being lowered into the grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The patch notes remain very funny to me. Larger bullets made it easier to hit people, you say

I'll probably reinstall and tool around with Zeta, which sounds very busted, but they may as well just go for broke. Give Barbatos a dozen dashes, give Guntank infinite ammo. Who gives a poo poo? They never knew how to balance anyway and it's dying a few months, let people just gently caress around lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The final mission briefing confirmed Zeta and Kampfer

E: Lol they turned comments off on the Youtube video of it

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Have the said what specific changes to unlocks and capital they will be making anywhere?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

trunkh posted:

Have the said what specific changes to unlocks and capital they will be making anywhere?

lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
You know what I'm just really happy Zeta's going to be in

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

trunkh posted:

Doing 2 dailies per day will reward 200 capital points.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kevsop posted:

Yeah, they're fixing one of the major problems people had with the game only after its being lowered into the grave

I'm willing to give the development team a pass on this one, because it's very plausible that their terrible garbage microtransaction setup was a mandate from above and they had no power to change it.

It doesn't excuse the myriad of gameplay problems and other issues which helped stop the game's momentum dead which they could have solved, though.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
It’s getting shut down why not just give everyone the suits.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Overbite posted:

It’s getting shut down why not just give everyone the suits.

Gotta wring the last drop of blood from the stone.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
everyone gets the suits > spike in player engagement > execs spooked by surprise > market confusion > mass panic, economic crash

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Maintaining good or even bumping numbers in the end will probably go far demonstrating that the shutdown is financial and topdown versus a total failure of concept, and will only benefit the developers.

This being Bandai Namco, I don't think it will change anything, but theres a small sliver of hope that sometime in the next 10 years when they do another project they take a lesson or two from this to stall the inevitable shutdown of that future game a little bit longer.

I'll certainly be playing a bit more than I would have before. I really woulda liked to see what this game would look like in another year.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

everyone gets the suits > spike in player engagement > execs spooked by surprise > market confusion > mass panic, economic crash

rip bamco, thought of a successful game and died

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Anecdotal but I think it's just bots and hackers now. In casual for me at least. Shame, wanted to get the last steam achievement.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
The patch to neuter the shop is now in.

Next season's "Do 2 missions and get 200 funbux" is not in currently.

But there is the new Limit Over event with Candian Nu and Zebra Pale Rider, along with some log in rewards including Capital. I got 1000 for logging in.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

trunkh posted:

Anecdotal but I think it's just bots and hackers now. In casual for me at least. Shame, wanted to get the last steam achievement.

if only there was some utility you could use to Manage Steam Achievements

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Deviant posted:

if only there was some utility you could use to Manage Steam Achievements

this is the only game in my library that didn't work on

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Looks like they are giving 150 capital a day for log in maybe?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's pretty hilarious that their response to the game being put on its deathbed wasn't "as thanks for your support, we're unlocking everything, have fun" and instead it's "we will let you grind out currency to unlock things in this game that will be dead in three months".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I feel like that's not uncommon in these sorta situations, though moreso with gacha games than f2p games

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Since the announcement of the shut down, I've played one game and logged in...sometimes.

At 1000 cap per week and 150 a day I've gotten enough to handle my backlog of 2 suits.

If you are interested, you should hop in from time to time. I'm banking up for Zeta.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Why would I get login bonuses for a dead game that is about to be unplayable

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thinking about logging on to g-evo bums me out too much so I guess I'll go play something else

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Both fair, just an informational post for people who are going to ride this thing into the ground.

I'm still mad about Section 8 Prejudice and will be extracting a few last giggles out of this game.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Unfortunately the game is fun.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
how the gently caress am i supposed to get my fix of guntank when the service dies actually build a loving gunpla?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

it rules that this game will have existed for exactly one year

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

it rules that this game will have existed for exactly one year

The one year war...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chumbler posted:

The one year war...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

The one year war...

holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Technically one year and one month but

chumbler posted:

The one year war...

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

chumbler posted:

The one year war...

And the Kampfer is one of the last suits they're adding too. Coincidence?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

The one year war...

:drat:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GUNDAM EVOLUTION - The One Year Bore

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Got some games in tonight for the hell of it and lmao there's still some stragglers on bothering to cheat

Why

e: People STILL won't stand in the point lol, what do they think they have to lose

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 12, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1694035311616213100?s=20

zeta

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol that it came out when AC6 did

Looks to have fun mechanics though, neat that it has the waverider crash

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.gamerbraves.com/more-gundam-esports-titles-in-development-following-gundam-evolution-shutdown/

Bamco isn't done trying to make Gundam an esport

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just release a pc port of extreme versus for fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're 100% going to do a moba next