Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the zaku is fun as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Played two games with one win and one loss. Echoing what others have said, but the maps seem to be a mixed bag in quality so far and feel just a bit too cramped at times. I've only tried the Zaku and the Pale Rider because I love playing support and I had a blast. Both games had teams that traded back and forth well during engagements so I think I just got lucky with rolling the dice in a casual queue. Overall it's fun and has a lot of potential.

Also, hearing this sound effect never gets old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajY829oKs8Q

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wishful thinking but it would have been cool if they got some of the English actors from some of the series to provide some of the pilot voices, or hell make them packs you can purchase

E.g. Brad Swaile for the RX-78, Michael Kopsa for the Sazabi, maybe someone like Michael McConnohie for the Zaku???

E: from the dubs that didn't suck, anyway lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Definitely hoping the Gouf Custom gets added, using the hook to pull away shields or maybe tase and debuff other mobile suits would be an interesting mechanic if they could balance it well

Just putting stuff like this on loop during games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am77biCIj9U&t=108s

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 22, 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Revitalized posted:

So I encountered this MVP animation last night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vIJAe2cVE

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see this anywhere in the customization???

:eyepop: that rules

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gund*m

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Point capture on Harbor City is miserable, that spawn point is comically far away from A lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

One of these voices is Goku, isn't it

Goku is now the voice of all my units

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Got a four minute battle ban because the game crashed three times with three different error codes - 503, 504, and 505 - and it has been unstable all day. Sounds don't play properly and after I spawn they will suddenly play about ten voices at once while the game grinds to a halt for a few seconds and then I can continue. Music is also bugged at times and randomly starts/stops

Base game feels good but yikes they need to fix some of this

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Getting that text filter will be nice, but I'll miss the constant **** and people completely confused in the chat

Also, holy poo poo the DOM loving rules

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Man this game does not play nice with any streaming software, shadow play, obs, etc are all just choppy messes

I can stream everything else just fine

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My 970 isn't the strongest but streaming has typically never been a problem so I guess I just need to mess with some settings

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

If you can aim even remotely competently, the Asshimar just bodies people left and right

I don't use the transformation skill that much, either, the burst fire rifle and incendiary grenade just melt other suits

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Honestly I wouldnt mind some gimmicky maps, maybe fights on the outside of ships in space with lower gravity or something weird like that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

Honestly this game's map design has been standout compared to other recent FPS. I can't think of a single map that I outright hate playing on. Even Lunar Comm Base with the dumb gimmick of adjacent team spawns is pretty fun.

I too enjoy the hell out of the Lunar Base but Harbor City is just trash imo

E: lol beaten, united by hate

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

Harbor City owns though wtf

If the first point gets captured by a team with half a functioning brain, good luck having enough time as defenders to get back to it as the designers have you take a scenic route for approximately 2 hours to get there

E: if this was closer to CoD, I'd say instead of a tactical nuke, you can call in a colony drop

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I don't know what everyone else's luck has been like but in my days of playing this, so far the community has been oddly good? I haven't had a single person talk poo poo about their team or the other team and it's usually just laughing at the chat filter, talking about some of the bugs, or legit just ball busting

I know it won't last forever, especially in a f2p, but it has been nice :unsmith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Someone else offered Dozle feet pics if we threw lol, I asked for Big Zam ones instead

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A part of me is paranoid that the old school sticky keys prompt from windows is gonna gently caress me up

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq65HEqNq-8 trooper

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Holy hell uh I think Exia needs a slight nerf here and there

E: also, my game crashed but I was able to rejoin and still lose and the game still slapped me with a four-minute penalty for abandoning :thumbsup:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jaburo, but both teams have to get to the exit before it's destroyed

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:hmmyes:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fighting in the city at the end of 8th MS Team and Norris randomly spawns and attacks every mobile suit on the map

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah what lol the DOM is a great loving suit, that laser is such a good finisher when you're chasing people down or have them cornered

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

let's keep piling on that one guy

E: I'm trying to think of ways they can nerf the Zaku Melee and maybe they should take away a bit of control from the ult? Almost every game I've had, I'm able to ult in and either wipe an entire team or come as close as possible. The reach is insane, the speed is crazy fast, and you can aim easily with it - just a complete clusterfuck for everyone in its path lol

Maybe the range and control gets the biggest nerfs for the ult? Make it so it requires more of a risk or commitment when jumping into engagements with it

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 6, 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm enjoying that matches can be relatively quick

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

When I first started playing, I thought I was going to main Zaku ranged straight away but fell off of it for a while. Been tearing poo poo up with DOM, RX-78, Asshimar, and Pale Rider, but after getting a few weekly challenges that had the Zaku overlapping I've been doing another deep dive with it

It has been fun! My issue is I keep forgetting how many dashes I still have in reserve as it's important to get in, do some damage, and get out as quickly as possible. It's incredibly satisfying to flank behind an enemy team's rush, dash in and slam the machine gun into someone's face and just empty into them, and then dash back out and away from danger. There's a lot more utility to the Zaku than I expected, as you can harass effectively in a variety of situations and can be useful on both offense and defense which is nice. The G Maneuver isn't the greatest though.

One thing I have noticed is a lot of other Zaku players overestimate the effectiveness of the smoke discharger. I'll see players use it and successfully escape danger, only to dash right back in through the smoke again, not realizing that the immunity has ended and they just get immediately bodied by whoever is waiting on the other side.

I got the colony drop player icon finally last night, though I'm already using the CCA Char image which I love. I hope they add Ryu's kamikaze attack at some point :allears:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

How do some of these weekly and daily challenges work? For the challenges where I have to win with certain suits, can I use one of the required ones and just swap out for a different mobile suit (e.g. start off with Zaku for the challenge, but end up finishing with Turn A or DOM)? Do I have to be using it once the game ends, or do I just need to reach a certain threshold with kills, damage, etc.?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Got it, good to know! Thanks. I kind of powered through a "Win 7 Times" challenge with a ranged Zaku because there were two of them and I couldn't resist getting 1200 xp at the same time.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Some interesting changes there but not having any balance for Barb is loving crazy, I still think it needs longer cool downs for some of its abilities. Same goes for the sniper, it's just too powerful on one shot for many suits

The adjustment for Pale Rider's emp is decent, though

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

It's almost as if the devs thought a free to play game wouldn't have folks trying to join matches on wifi in regional network infrastructures that aren't ultra dense like Japan or Korea :allears:

This is the one that gets me, too. They have to understand the realities of broadband infrastructure outside of parts of Asia.....right?

Also don't blame me for your loving disconnects, bamco fuckers, this is the only game that does it consistently and I'm on a fiber connection!!!

I'm also to the end of the battle pass and will keep playing because despite the issues I'm still having plenty of fun with it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kwolok posted:

Good Lord what an amazing blunder of a "balance patch" this is. Honestly in awe of a company to somehow gently caress up more than blizzard.

You're right, it's tragic they didn't give Zaku IIr 60 rounds of ammo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Still a little sad about no cross play, would love to join up with a few friends who only have consoles :(

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I must have some insanely good luck because I havent run into any cut-and-dry hacking yet, have only occasionally had games crater from people leaving, and occasional moments where it feels like I clearly made it to cover but still get killed

E: to be clear, I'm probably the guy leaving because of the disconnects and unable to rejoin lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turn A's grapple is incredible and counters a ton of poo poo and can make life hell for units who dive into encounters too quickly

If a melee unit or a unit behind a shield tries to go in for a 1v1 you can just slaughter them but you just have to aim well with that grapple

Which I struggle with at times :negative:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah the disconnects have steadily gotten worse and worse. Really sucks because I'm still having fun queuing with people and solo'ing has yielded some decent back-and-forth games, but when every other game fails right out of the gate, I end up losing patience

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVox2X908M

Nu Gundam and a space colony map

Looks like they might just be doing one suit a season, which...is honestly fine for me? I always knew it wasn't gonna be four per season like Sortie, and if they don't want to change how the monetization is done too drastically, making sure that at least free players have a chance to get every new unit is an alright compromise.

Looking good! Echoing what others have said with hoping they improve the technical issues and add stuff like backfill

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I've really been rooting for this game and it has been sad watching the mismanagement happen :smith:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What a complete loving waste of potential lmao

The foundation was right loving there, it was a fun shooter and they just fell flat on their asses

Edit: steam charts has the all-time peak at 55,000+ players, and I remember it getting quite a bit of positive attention among streamers when it launched. Mother fuckers, you gotta at least try, how the hell do you mismanage this thing and leave out basic functionality

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

i really want to know what bandai internally cites as the reason behind gundam evolution's failure, if they're still swinging at esports after this

needed more currency types