Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

shoulda known there was a G-Evo thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Whoa would you look at the time, I've been playing way too much of this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Zaku II Ranged is such a lil stinker

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I am at work but I am looking forward to playing this and hopping into the Guntank so I can kill Ryu over and over again. :unsmigghh:

It's pretty funny to hear someone over discord shout "I just got Ryu Jose'd!"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like I said, the Zaku II's a lil stinker.

That invuln only lasts a second but sometimes that's all they need to get away or no-sell a barbatos.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now it's the Shytarn's time to shine

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Real talk I actually would love a SUMO from Turn A, even if they need to pull some abilities out of their rear end to make it happen

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's accurate to the show to the point where all it's missing is a cow transporting emote and a laundry drying MVP pose.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also yes the judo throw is a thing it absolutely did in the show.

Yeah for a large chunk of the early series Loran didn't have a lot of weapons to work with and also didn't want to escalate violence or risk the skirmishes flaring up into all out war. So what does he do?

He judo flips the gently caress out of a WaDom that's like three times the size of his gundam.

It was a very effective way to demonstrate that the protag is clever and the Turn A is ludicrously strong.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moonlight Butterfly is personally responsible for wiping my team off B because randos don't look up

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What the

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I suppose I have a complaint about this game now

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When I get back from work I'mma be very cross with you for wording your post ambiguously

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

wait until you hit them square with a RX-78 mace

The only thing more satisfying is doing the same to a GM

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Delete snipers from games that don't have the word sniper in the title

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Side 7?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vizuyos posted:

Where does the green currency for actually unlocking anything come from? Is that purely paid?

This is a fun Overwatch-like, but it feels like F2P players don't even get a chance to spin the gacha outside of those two free tickets at the start, and they also don't seem to get any currency for unlocking stuff through regular gameplay either. In Overwatch, you'd get a pretty regular flow of cosmetic stuff even if you never bought anything.

You get the green from lootbox dupes, it's pretty rough

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah GM sniper does need a nerf or two

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

(nods setsuna-ishly)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This game gave me the urge to rewatch a bunch of gundam

There needs to be more portrait options. Like Dianna Soleil

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I hope in the future they include like, advanced skins so rather than spending a ton of effort to make a million samey characters we could just like. Have a cool skin that makes the zaku II (ranged) look like a Leo from wing. Because the Leo kit would basically be the same thing. And I'd kill to play as a Leo.

Hell, release a classic Dom skin for the SEED DOM Trooper and I'd probably mark out for it in a flash

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Unless I'm doing a challenge I pretty much stick to Unicorn now. Feeling like I've got strong offensive guns paired with a solid support aura kit means that I'm constantly contributing to the team fight, even if I'm ducking back to recover.

Of course this is countered by the fact that the Unicorn only has 800 HP so I need to keep my head on a swivel.

If an Exia manages to get the drop on me and says "No I am gundam" then welp I guess you're right, buddy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hope this gets sorted out by the time I get home from work

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just got like, eight quickscope GM Sniper kills in one match

This is legitimately broken but I was having a great time laughing at the absurdity

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And that was legitimately the first time I'd ever played GM Sniper too, I didn't even touch it in beta

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The GM Sniper is genuinely overpowered. If it had a scoped charge up time it would at least reduce the number of lethal quick scopes when in close range.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When I do it it's hilarious, when it happens to me it's irritating but also karma

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I think they should keep ults but make even more of the ults based on dramatic and sad moments from the show like Guntank's

the RX-78's ult should do the exact same thing it already does but it inexplicably has no head and only one arm while shooting the barrel.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

the beginner hcallenge does not seem to be logging my log ins....

I've heard chatter that it actually tracks it a full 24 hours since the last time you got credit for that challenge. Rather than it refreshing on a true daily schedule, that is.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They should put Big Zam in, as a joke

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Big rear end himar

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gotta remember to disengage quickly and dash towards health packs when damaged. Hell, just do this in general, not only if you've got a challenge on.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Asshimar can if you hit them in the head. Same with the Marasai.

We don't talk about DOM crits

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goddamn I have never had as much fun playing the Turn A as I did when I got to judo throw the same Barbatos five times in one match. And nailing him with a headshot after every throw, not that that's the hard part when they're stunned.

Nuebot posted:

I don't think the Asshimar's charge beam can (the right click) so if you're going for crit shots, make sure to use your M1.

that's a good point actually

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

My favorite bug so far has been the Melee Zaku who got stuck for a few moments in their invuln animation state, and as such began their attack by aggressively floating toward us while maintaining that rigid pose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEk9QZYi0K0

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It really says a lot that like a third of the suits default to an m1 that could be described as a precise semi-auto attack. And the majority of the rest have guns that are just plain decent to good. Instead of giving every unit an extremely situational bespoke m1 like in OW, a bunch of them excel at midrange shootouts even setting aside the rest of their kit.

The Marasai, the closest equivalent to a Roadhog, has a rifle that's very strong at the sort of midrange standoffs that reach the end of their hook, rather than being a shotgunner.

The SEED DOM trooper and the Asshimar kind of split aspects of Pharah between them, but the one with the rocket launcher still has a precision laser attack option as a backup. The one with the ability to fly and hover has a precise burst fire rifle m1 and a surprisingly nasty area denial grenade.

The GM has a Brig shield+bash but it's also got a semi-auto pistol that packs a punch and has very little spread, meaning it's basically also cowboy. It also has a variety of little utility elements that just make it a strong frontliner in general.

The two healers, Methuss (Mercy) and Unicorn (Lucio), both have proper guns they're expected to use often. To the point where people who unlock Unicorn mistake it for being a frontline dps rather than a relatively fragile support that happens to have the ability to shoot back and survive a dive attempt. No such misconceptions follow Methuss but people are generally enthusiastic about being able to both heal and shoot at the same time.

For better or worse, pretty much every design decision reinforces the idea that while this is a hero shooter, it's a shooter first and foremost.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

And Guntank gets an always-on multi-target midrange aimbot with a massive heat capacity, but somehow isn't totally imbalanced.

Guntank's great because it's basically if Dva traded her tanking kit and pilot mode for the ability to reliably apply pressure at all ranges and replacing her flight mode with a Tackle button labeled Nice Try Blanco Niño.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

now it's the Mahiroo kick's time to shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One match I got the drop on a sniper a couple times as a Marasai. At the end he said "gg but not really because of micro*****actions" and I was the only one using an unlockable suit so,

Other than that my performance that match had been pretty mid tbh

And yes the chat filter hit "trans"