Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
If you have to hit a zaku four times to make the funnels kill it, it seems like a very similar amount of shots for like GM to kill, interest on where the balance is going to come in on it.

At least the cone of shame G-maneuver might help unaware pubbies not die to GM sniper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I've seen enough videos of GBO that I entirely believe it.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
If anyone wants to yell at Bamco to fix robot game, they put out a survey that's asking about a lot of the right stuff.

https://jp.research.net/r/Q322M2G

In other Christmas Miracles: You can now practice with unlockable units, and theres going to be a "Winter Campaign" upcoming with 2000 cap as a reward.

Kevsop fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 26, 2022

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Sniper is frustrating because beyond the usual FPS reasons of attracting the worst people and promoting the worst playstyles, inevitably when the enemy team gets a good one rolling, the worst player on your team inevitiably thinks the way to counter them is to also switch sniper, when its very likely you're already bottled up and losing, giving you less control than you already had.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
The flame grenade buff to Asshimar is very strong, he really didn't need this buff. I wonder what data they were looking at, because it already felt like there was 2 in every game.

In other news: Ranked is back, play it while you can.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
So ranked continues to pop but most frustratingly, I have had almost all my forward momentum wiped out by people disconnecting 10 seconds after the gates open. The game will not abort then and gives you full credit or loss, but down a person.

Its actually driving me close to the edge to quit. I wanted to see this game turn it around, and this "mega update" might have the amount of content with 3 new suits, but the server issues are just too big.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone got early access to Heavy Arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6m_DfOpQ4

He doesn't do very well with it but if you wanna check the stats and skills.

Mid Range - 1200 Health - 1 Dash Limit

Has a shoulder missile pod that it can burst with along with the main weapon that wasn't particularly evident in the trailer.

Beyond that, I'm skeptical of what it brings to the roster besides the BRRRT noise and having a shooter who can jump walls when some publord is sucking on Asshimar

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Rate of Fire is good in its own respect, its why Unicorn is so good in a shootout. But being slow is a good way to die.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
No range falloff on the miniguns, but also no headshots or criticals. Actually seems pretty good in that respect.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
The new player tutorial should give you enough Blue Resources (Capital) to get one suit. Each season of the battle pass gives enough for another if you get to the end, in two separate chunks.

Don't spend it on anything but suits or you'll find yourself a bit short.

There was another campaign for new players to get another unlock but I'm unsure of the specifics, and I think there is another unlock campaign in the works sometime in the future.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Sniper Rot 2: The Sequel

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Here is someone who got early access.

https://youtu.be/r32L37TH5pQ

The sniper rifle does not do as much damage as GM2, and he can swap between twin guns and rifle, with the inactive weapon reloading automatically after 3 seconds. His rifle provides a frontfacing shield for 300 hp when scoped.

Notably, he has the revive gun from sniper, a grenade with a vortex suck-in mechanic, and his G-manuver empowers his rifle to charge for up to 900 damage on head or bodyshot.

There is a new gamemode called Headquarters in which teams fight over a single control point, and after capture turns the winner into attackers and loser into defenders around a power core the attackers must do damage to in order to gain points.

Mostly I'm just not excited for the sniper meta its going to encourage, as its already a blight in casual games.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Nothing like losing an entire nights of rank progress in 2 games because people DC right after the cuttoff time.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Turn A got hit fairly hard with his funny flip move being less reliable in Season 2? But yeah absolutely use gun on mans, hes a very good shooter on defense and Moonlight can reset the point in overtime, which is hell otherwise.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, while the patch means things are going fairly smoothly right now, my real problem with the game is mostly out of game elements like the matchmaking, leaver protection/backfill and battle pass bullshit. I've just got too many better games to play without having to play 15 games on two different sets of Mobile Suits, some of which are difficult to pick and others which are unsuited to the task at hand.

Ranked, when it finds games is pretty good, but casual matches are just awful. Its not even the overwatch style "I play casual so I can play whatever unit I want" team cohesion issues but rather just full people who fundamentally can't aim or do nothing to ensure their survival, much less winning.

While I'm still not sure exactly where Dynames stands on his own, the awful thing is the now pubs can choose 2 sniper units on the same team, and 2 snipers to "counter" when an enemy sniper does well. A Battlefield-esque spiral of more and more people contributing almost nothing to a teams push and despite the powerful guns, can't aim well enough to justify it.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Or maybe your cursor is tired of being weighed down by Gravity

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Using GUN on MAN is always the hardest puzzle for games like this. In my experience people will flip, jump, fly, climb, and engage with every class gimmick but the universal one of actually using their primary weapon on the enemy team reliably.

Its real reminiscent of early overwatch in which I saw a bunch of genji players always try to flank and use his dash for kill reset, but rarely if ever shuriken.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Jim is great, he can do all the things your team needs. Area denial, melee counter, some of the most meaningful healing in a tight spot, and you can drill into people with this pistols accuracy. Easily my favorite MS right now in evolution.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Important Evolution News: Theres going to be an event where you can get a gun with Haro on it.

New Limit Over event starts on the 24th.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Anecdotally, matches have felt worse since the addition of dynames. My poor team mates have two functioning braincells and increasing the number of snipers from 2 per match to 4 has been miserable. They need to add some cool shooty suits that encourage people to play the actual game instead of pokey-peaky with the aim of someone who shouldn't even be playing guntank.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I stopped playing because battlepass grinding was annoying to deal with (somewhat fixed now) but also there are now 2 snipers and a brand new melee suit in the game and I cannot deal with a point capture mode when half my team is too busy trying to find the farthest sightline possible and refusing to move.

The sniper spiral involves some ding-dong forgetting the enemy has/is likely to have a sniper, do nothing to mitigate it, die, and then think the best and only solution is to counter-snipe when they can't aim with Pale Rider, much less a slower rof unit. It just makes it harder and harder to win games and have an enjoyable time.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Game was real decent and had some very fun iterations of suits, but the disconnects and meta issues ruined it.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Zeta's ult should attack you with ghosts and stun you like The-O

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Yes but have you considered throwing unlimited money down a giant pit might occasionally burp some back up? Esports is like that.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleman_ posted:

The fun part is that even if you're getting steamrolled, you're still playing the match for half an hour, which might have contributed to people dropping, which then reinforces the steamrolling.

My favorite matches usually involved gormless teammates letting the enemy team get away with something ridiculous like camping really far forward or running cluelessly into a sniper for the entire round, then I get to suffer again on the other side as my gaggle of pubstars try to emulate it instead of just playing what they're good at or simply deathballing. No amount of support can fix that.

I yearn for the sweet release of one and done matches.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Both Zeta and Kampfer confirmed.

3 new maps, 2 in the upcoming season and one in the final, which will last just over a month before service shutdown.

Zeta is first and Kampfer is last.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, they're fixing one of the major problems people had with the game only after its being lowered into the grave

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro

trunkh posted:

Have the said what specific changes to unlocks and capital they will be making anywhere?

Doing 2 dailies per day will reward 200 capital points.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Maintaining good or even bumping numbers in the end will probably go far demonstrating that the shutdown is financial and topdown versus a total failure of concept, and will only benefit the developers.

This being Bandai Namco, I don't think it will change anything, but theres a small sliver of hope that sometime in the next 10 years when they do another project they take a lesson or two from this to stall the inevitable shutdown of that future game a little bit longer.

I'll certainly be playing a bit more than I would have before. I really woulda liked to see what this game would look like in another year.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
The patch to neuter the shop is now in.

Next season's "Do 2 missions and get 200 funbux" is not in currently.

But there is the new Limit Over event with Candian Nu and Zebra Pale Rider, along with some log in rewards including Capital. I got 1000 for logging in.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Since the announcement of the shut down, I've played one game and logged in...sometimes.

At 1000 cap per week and 150 a day I've gotten enough to handle my backlog of 2 suits.

If you are interested, you should hop in from time to time. I'm banking up for Zeta.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Both fair, just an informational post for people who are going to ride this thing into the ground.

I'm still mad about Section 8 Prejudice and will be extracting a few last giggles out of this game.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I don't know what I hated more, having 2 snipers on the enemy team or mine. I played GM so sniping wasn't usually do much of an issue but people are so bad at object permanence, and all it takes is one time getting their own head caved into playing snipers themselves instead of something that actually helps to the team, or fits their level of aiming.

I played a few games recently and I will not be missing that when this game gets dumpstered for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Game got me back into gundam after forgetting about it for a very long time, watching shows and buying gunpla, so it was a very successful advertisement.