Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Pale rider is OP.

Went 11-1 in my first set of games holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
When people are grouped they'll also be protecting the sniper and the 1 hit kill will probably run rampant in high level ranked.

Low ranked gets the "widowmaker in overwatch" problem. Hyped as hell, not gonna lie.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ninjewtsu posted:

yeah but there's so much space in these maps and mobility is so high idk if a high skill asshimar or zaku won't be able to just dash behind and ruin a sniper's lunch anyway, or punch through a screen to divebomb the sniper before anyone can stop them. there's a reasonable amount of aoes for punishing the kind of tight groups that would make that especially difficult and the asshimar gets one of the better ones
They just gets a dedicated peeler.

That's the fun with these, it'll have an ebb and flow. If the peeling isn't enough the comp will change.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 23, 2022

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ninjewtsu posted:

sure, i'm just not sure how the ebb and flow will play out once skill is higher. if peeling for the sniper is too difficult it may be more optimal to just forgo the sniper and have a unit that doesn't need to be babysat constantly

Also depends on the sniper because good snipers can and will flick headshot people diving them. Even if they trade, being in the backline isn't really a trade with the anyone can rez thing.

Horrible memories of overwatch league coming back. I'm really interested if Barbatos gets a spot, personally.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
On a different note, is ranked working for anyone? I can't find a game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly his biggest problem is the other Sazabi walking in and axing him.

I also like that you can yeet his axe from spawn and just launch yourself straight back into the fight.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Unicorn and Dom boosted Barbatos lookin' scary.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Turn A is a melee counter and should be played as one.

The moment you want to do anything else I wouldn't bother playing it, unless you're close to the ult.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I fear no melee while playing as the big rear end tank because I just throw my axe at them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

chumbler posted:

Because that one shot isn't necessarily the kill without either support from others or the sniper spending its vulcans.

I think everyone missed you meaning that you had to thirst the body too.

If people know there's a sniper and are dashing between cover that means people are very recoverable.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's good because I still can't queue ranked anyway. I can't find a game no matter how long i wait in queue, lol.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
https://imgur.com/Kv8Qfvu

Ok, game done, i got the funny number.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
There is some form of unwritten rule in game dev where if a game can be made less fun by the existence of a sniper character, you must put one in.

It is known.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Every match is crashing right now. Somethings wrong.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah the amount of times i get rushed down by a melee/zaku/aerial mech only to just flick headshot and go about my day is silly.

Good for getting accused of hacks tho.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
To prevent being headshot, simply remove your head (play asshimar).

That's actually something i said while demonstrating the game to a friend and it worked a treat.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Years of overwatch has taught me that most people really don't understand how dumb snipers are until they see them played at top level where sniper players are regularly doming the people that are diving them.

And overwatch was actually slightly better on diving snipers, because of the charge.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah, as a "bad sniper" I find that landing incredibly easy bodyshots is more than enough to make someone else go "poo poo, I need to play sniper to stop the sniper".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

This thread just sounds like all the folks who aren't completely terrible at FPS games tried G Evo and finished the battle pass already / got the rank they cared about and then got bored.

I mostly stopped playing because the monetization was so garbage.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kwolok posted:

They literally changed mcree, they realized that a stun attack that leads to a guaranteed kill is super unfun to play against. He now has a magnetic grenade. You can still combo it pretty well to kill Squishies but you have to actually aim because there is no more stun.

Old McCree was literally what Barbados is now lol

New Cree is actually worse. You don't even aim for headshots now, you walk up to someone, bodyshot them and stick them.

The mag grenade has auto aim. It does 131 damage. If you want to absolutely 200-0 someone you have to punch them too, but in teamfights they'd have probably taken chip somewhere.

I never minded barb aside from watching my team get murdered by him, but i felt the same about snipers.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly, the money and the kickbanning killed it for me.

I don't know gundam, but within a couple day's I could name the suits well enough to do callouts with my friends, but it just sucked at how bad most matches were with people getting disconnected and the match basically being over.

Sniper being as broken as it is doesn't help. I'm not even good at sniping heads and it doesn't matter, a bodyshot from that thing basically confirms a kill and if someone jumps you, running at them + blindfiring into their body confirms you'll survive/get revived if you're anywhere near a friend.

But every game apparently needs snipers.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Astroniomix posted:

There is litteraly already a mode with matchmaking and no one plays it.

I don't think I ever got into an actual ranked match and I queued for 40 minutes once. Lmao

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Way to late now, sadly.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You don't even need to one shot the rest of the roster, the amount of damage it puts out means that unit cannot fight anymore until healed.

GM sniper is maybe trash on the couple of indoor maps/points and is absolutely free anywhere else.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I started getting annoyed at sniper after like, 5 matches where someone would boost into close range with me and i'd one tap them before going "this is kinda stupid". Especially as the head hitbox for suits is so gigantic.

But I hate snipers in almost every game I play, even when I play them. Even if they're not oppressive they just don't make design sense to me. It doesn't feel rewarding to hit people with them because they can't really do poo poo about it. It doesn't feel rewarding to go kill one because half the time its because you've already won the fight anyway and you're just chasing down stragglers.

That's not even a gundam problem, that's just most games featuring them.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Back when I was playing the Asshimar was my fave after the axe throwing one (I forget the name) precisely because the grenade was so strong, so if they've buffed it, that's hilarious. It didn't feel like it needed it at all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you're playing games and not tanking your KD because you'd rather listen to 2000's nu metal during a mid life crisis, you're not playing correctly.

I am joking

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The monetisation was entirely why I stopped playing.

Suit balance was fine, barb stopped being a pain against good teams and I'm sadly used to snipers being snipers

But gently caress the suit buying poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Also remember that ranked didn't work unless you swapped to asia + hosed your ping and that just killed any chance at a western scene for this game.