Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Revitalized posted:

Having given this a bit more time, I'm starting to see the "un-fun" of Barbatos. Getting hit by the stun is basically a death sentence, even if Barb's the only guy there. And he maintains annoying movement when you're trying to fight him off.

Barbatos' stun feels a bit overtuned in that regard, yeah, but barb himself is surprisingly fragile to any kind of sustained fire. Another target I find consistently setting off little "this is kinda whack" sirens in my head is Sazabi, and given how tight the race just to select it every match is; I think other people get it too. The shield is basically a second regenerating health bar and if you run into one alone you're basically dead since you're unlikely to be able to burn through the shield before you get stunned and shotgunned.

Overall though I'm really enjoying the gameplay. Every unit I've played has been pretty rad, except the Turn-A. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a sniper or a quick fighty run in, shoot dudes, run out sort of guy but it doesn't feel particularly good at either, the weird grab and throw is pretty :wtf: and doesn't seem to do any noticable damage while also leaving your rear end open to getting got by the guy you just threw, and the Q is basically a giant rainbow "shoot me" button. I'm sure I'm just doing it wrong, but it feels like they did my boy dirty.

Venuz Patrol posted:

thank you bandai namco you delivered and i never have to think about overwatch ever again

In many ways it feels like a less poo poo overwatch, even. Marasai is basically just roadhog but not designed to be broken out of the gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the Guntanks Ultimate a reference to what I think it is?

Stairmaster posted:

tips for playing the sazabi?

Use the shield to close gaps if you're on the attacking team. If you're defending, block doorways and passages. The hatchet isn't just good for loving people up with a stun but can be used to get out of a battle by dashing to it. And don't forget that your shotgun has surprisingly decent range, even if the damage drops off; just peppering people with damage while you're zooming past will put people on edge and keep them from passively regenerating their hp.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 9, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

There's one map, I think it's another moon map?, where the points are stowed in separate buildings in a compound and one of them is really, really, easily blocked by a sazabi with a methuss squatting behind it, I was in a match where that pair could hold off my entire team and it took an ult for us to clear through.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Unhappy Meal posted:

Speaking of, I want that Char Zaku skin, but also don't think I have it in me to force the grind. I've got work I should be doing. :smith:

Can you even get season pass points outside of the daily quests?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kibner posted:

Yes. You get them by playing games. I think there is something where maybe you have to change up your suit every now and then to get more points?

Oh, nice. I thought you only got points for the challenges! I guess I'll be playing more then.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Give me the Physalis and its stupid atomic bazooka

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Gin_Rummy posted:

Heavyarms ult would have to be the spinny knife move, right?

Gimme the Alex Gundam though. Maybe Gouf custom as well.

Its ult would totally be the over the top "fire everything" it has in every game. Leaves you immobile but explodes everything in front of you.

I really want to see the tallgeese for wing rep though. Deathscythe might be nice for a fun stealth/melee sort of character. But I really want more weird MS like the various aquatic ones.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I played Asshimar for the first time because I expected it to be stupid and suck. But oh my god it's stupid and is awesome I love this thing. This poor guntank I kept loving up wound up wasting his entire ult to just blow my rear end out of the sky

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Turn-A is starting to grow on me a bit, but that might be stockholm syndrome. I really want to get good with it. It does feel good to give sazabi and barbatos big mustachioed hugs though, teach them to be a pain in my rear end.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Any word (official or not) about release date for the game, or plans for after the Test?

I just found out about it and it looks pretty good, even if I really dislike mechas. Been wanting a decent overwatch clone for a bit.

I've gotten like four friends who don't know what gundam is outside of the fact that gandum is some sort of famous robot to be weirdly excited for this game by virtue of showing off my bad gameplay and the character abilities. There's some solid potential here and I'm down for it.

I really hope they fix the matchmaking though because it feels like for every match I win, I get slapped into three matches with demi-gods that outperform my whole team so well and above that we shouldn't even be in the same matching system with them. But since a win gains like twice as much rating as losing does I guess I'm just trapped in this endless cycle.

Also while I'm being really nitpicky, a few things need to be touched up a bit. I don't know if it's lag or what, but the Marasai's hook is really jank to use; the windup takes forever in a game where enemies can dash and sprint freely, and it has a habit of pulling enemies right through you and dropping them behind you so the like one second stun has worn off by the time your also long stab animation hits them. Also it being the only stun deflected by shields hurts.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 10, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I managed to hit rank 9 in one night, hitting rank 20 by the end of tomorrow isn't impossible if I spend all day doing it :shepface:

Anyway for mechs I'd like to see, I'll throw out dumb stuff like the Efreet and Blue Destiny. I love them even if they're stupid.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Pale Rider is basically Blue Destiny Mk. 2! Apparently.

It's basically the more mass produced and functional version of it since the original blue destiny was made with a newtype girl's ghost inside of its special computer IIRC. The original Blue Destiny line were very much just repurposed GMs for the purposes of testing it

Kitfox88 posted:

Pale Rider is basically BD 2.0 so I can’t imagine it showing up except maybe as a legendary skin or such, sadly. :smith: Which is honestly something I wouldn’t mind, lemme play as a Flag reskin for the asshimmar or something.

I was thinking about that, doing something like that - grouping different mechs together as skins - would probably be a great way for more representation without having to make a million different distinct characters. Like they could make a dozen odd GM skins for the GM, same for the Zaku.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Axel Serenity posted:

Man, I never noticed many leavers in the 2050+ range but after the last wave of testers last night, I've fallen to like 1930 and it feels like every match

Yeah it feels like since last night the playerbase has become really strictly people who are super good, or people who will sit there and stare at the objective as the enemy team takes it and make no effort to stop them. My rank has dropped down below 1950 too.

Anyway has anyone figured out how to consistently trigger the +80 "experience" bonus for your battle pass? I have like half a day left but I'd like to at least try and get that rank 20.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What counts as a "critical hit kill" because headshots as the Asshimar don't seem to.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:shepface: I must be doing something wrong but I've stood in front of a guy, shot him square in the face, gotten the sound effect, the headshot indicator, and the game still isn't giving me credit for the headshot kills even when I'm using the right suit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

This game not having a way to rejoin a match sucks. I got AFK timer'd while answering a phone call and couldn't rejoin, then it penalized me extra hard for it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah a zaku doesn't really need the headshots to kill a GM. Just get in behind it and blast it in the back and they crumple since most GM players are pretty focused on tanking incoming shots. The tunnel vision tends to be strong I find. But also i'm bad and thus am playing with other bads.

EDIT: Anyway, we've talked about what suits would be nice. But know what I really, really, want them to add? More stages and music based explicitly on series locations. There was a larger scale online shooter a while back that did this really well. The maps were all based on recognizable gundam locations and the music was dynamic, it'd change depending on which team was winning and how close to winning they were. So when the defending team was winning it'd start up with the gundam's battle theme, and when they were really close to winning bust out that heroic tune that came in every episode the gundam start kicking rear end. Inversely you had Char's theme when the attacking team did well and such. Something like that might be nice, if a bit of a pipe dream.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 11, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

Assuming the game has a good launch, I wonder if they'll do scaled down versions of the Neue Ziel or the Devil Gundam. A lot of favorites are just way too big for the maps

An Asymmetrical PVP mode where one person, or a team of people? Plays as something like the Devil or Psycho gundams and the defending team has to take them down before the time runs out or they destroy the objective could be cool.

RevolverDivider posted:

sniper rifles were a cancer on fps

Yes, yes they are. What boggles my mind is that they don't do the simplest thing and just add like an inverse shotgun damage ramp to lock them into the long range shooty guy lane, like how shotguns tend to have disgusting falloff past close rang. Make it so a sniper is useless in mid and close range, gently caress you. Instead snipers get to just one shot anyone anywhere regardless and it sucks.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's weird that it isn't in the game, honestly. Especially since if they do put it in: it won't have the cool ranged stuns that either gouf or gouf custom would have had to avoid overlap with marasai i'm sure. Maybe if they put gouf custom in it'll have that like magnet whip thing as a disarm instead of a stun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Terper posted:

Oh hey, Big Zam!

It'd be cool, if you wanted it to still be team based you could have the other enemy team units take the role of the mobile armor's weapons. So the handicap for having the ability to just blast suits apart is that you're at the beck and call of whoever's piloting the movement. Though, that might be too laggy to do?

EDIT: Rank 20! Just in time.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Apr 12, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

we should all put down on the survey we want the barbatos replaced with the gyan

Gyan would actually be a really fun choice, too. Maybe slower and beefier than the current melee guys who are all fast; but with the rapier and missile shield.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Is this where we're going to talk about GBO's network test or is it going to get its own thread? It doesn't seem to be working quite yet, they've already mentioned the stuff that'll be available and I'm super stoked to try blue destiny if I can get in. I think they've already said the data's going to be wiped too in regards to the gacha.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I want those skins. I want to play this game again. :negative:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I like a lot of the changes they've done. Barbatos no longer feels like the god lord of every match it's in, and I've clowned on it as almost every unit I've played as at least once. Including a fun time when barbatos stunned me as asshimar but didn't manage to kill me long enough that I threw the fire down and killed us both. I still hate the sniper though, there's nothing less fun in a shooter than just being picked off by a guy you couldn't see across the map because you stepped out of spawn or something.

Anyway, I'm pretty bummed about how they seem to be handling the EVO Coins and general rewards right now? Like, the coins in general I couldn't give less of a poo poo about; but the fact that we don't seem to actually earn any in-game, even slowly, is a bummer especially when combined with the fact that we don't seem to earn any capital either outside of the battle pass and beginner missions. It just feels really poo poo, especially after the network test felt really fun and rewarding to play. Also apparently EVO Coins only last 120 days which just seems like a really weird and pressuring choice in general.

Also I might be crazy but it feels like the afk timer is on some bullshit. It constantly popped up during the tutorial for me while I was listening to the dialogue, and I wound up getting kicked from a match while waiting for it to let us out of spawn.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 22, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Revitalized posted:

I've read other people experience this but I haven't run into this problem. Might be a bug of sorts.

I hope it's a bug because it's kind of annoying.

On the subject of things that don't really matter; it feels kind of good to care absolutely nothing about the premium cosmetic skins right now. I was interested in a few of them when I saw the images, but looking at them in-game I really don't like how the glowing effects flicker on and off or fade in and out. I would 100% be all in on the neon unicorn if it was always on, but the animation kills it for me. As it stands I actually like a lot of the rare and normal recolours. I really hope I get the doom skin for Marasai.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tokubetsu posted:

holy poo poo asshimar supremacy is real

im in ur base setting ur dudes on fire right now

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

if you jump out of a match where you had a leaver, you can't queue for another until that one's done? if that's what "without penalty" means, they must uninstall the whole thing if you leave in the middle of a game

For the record, unless they've changed it since the network test; doing this will still negatively impact you in ranked, as will losing the match. So having a quitter on your team just fucks you over over no matter what.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Welp the streamers have found the game, neither me nor my friends have had fun with it all day. Every random match is full of sweaty pre-mades spamming their twitches and just generally being cocks in general chat. Now it's just as poo poo as overwatch, but in a different flavour of anime and it took one whole day.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

i've been having a lot of fun with it all day and have run into none of these issues. i wish people were being more lively in chat

"the streamers have ruined this day one" is a weird take regardless though i think

Day one was fine. Day two is filled with people being assholes and spamming twitch TV links.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

Im having fun with it but I really wish they'd stolen Play of the Game from overwatch too, stupid potg reels were the absolute highlight of that game for me

I miss seeing torb's corpse win play of the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mountain R&D Lab is new right? It has like two variations. One where it cycles through A, B and C. And one where it's just A and B with no C and that variant can eat my rear end. There's still two whole maps I haven't seen yet and the preview images look really cool and they seem to be my kind of jam.

Runa posted:

Like I said, the Zaku II's a lil stinker.

That invuln only lasts a second but sometimes that's all they need to get away or no-sell a barbatos.

From what I understand doing anything except running away will break your invulnerability. So while it is short lived, using your other skills will make it even shorter? Or maybe I'm just bad at zaku. I just know sometimes people still die extra fast after using that smoke grenade because they keep trying to fight.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

As far as I'm aware the smoke grenade just disables all non-movement actions. It's like instant use bonk atomic soda (except you still can't reload).

I use it either as I'm dashing away (can not break line of sight immediately) or shortly after expending all my dashes so I can regen the dash meter. Also of course baiting out barbatos stuns, the barbatos is suddenly a lot less threatening once it doesn't have that, I think it's significantly slower than it used to be? Iirc in the dev diary they said they reduced its dash distance or something, I can definitely feel it when playing barbatos.

What I have not found a use for is the loving zaku grenade. Best thing seems to be throwing it at someone immediately before shooting them in the back so the little bit of damage maybe helps you 100->0 them but it doesn't contribute much.

Doesn't the grenade stun now? I had to use Zaku for a daily a little while ago and I constantly forgot I even had the smoke grenade (Which, on reflection, would explain why I never realized it disabled your actions) but I threw the hand grenade at everyone, it was great for bonking Barbatos just long enough for me to get in and blast him in the soft vulnerable underside.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

it seems to be a micro-stun that i can't find any real use for. theoretically good for interrupting a channeled ability or something but there isn't very many/any of those? the disorientation of the micro-knockback seems to be more impactful, and that is not very much

i have yet to throw the grenade at anyone and find it to have done anything that just shooting them wouldn't have. the smoke grenade, meanwhile, should be used any time someone looks at your paper mache body

I always treated it as more of an interrupt rather than an actual stun. So if barbatos, for example, is doing his big leap attack; catching him with it will just leave a confused barbatos wondering why you aren't stunned right now. Usually that's enough time to dash in and gut 'em before they do it again. I think it can also interrupt ultimates? I really should use zaku more to get a hang of it, but his low HP is a real bummer.

Diephoon posted:

How do you all think the meta's gonna shape up? Hard to say without everyone having access to all of the suits currently but I'm wondering just how annoying a full shield/heal team can be.

My predictions for meta comps:
Methuss or Unicorn
GM or Sazabi
Barbatos or Exia
Pale Rider
Sniper
Literally anyone else.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kild posted:

I feel like GMs ult and the fire + heal grenades are just too good at holding down a spot.

The GM's ability to shoot precisely at far longer ranges is also a huge benefit over the sazabi. The only targets that really want to get up close to a sazabi are the ones that can reliably obliterate it, and with Sazabi's speed it's not often that it gets to creep up on someone that isn't oblivious and tunnel visioning. So while the sazabi is really good at like, holding a hallway or a corridor or like clustered domination points; it's far less good at holding something like the big front gate on the lunar checkpoint map where the GM's ability to shoot at longer range and explosive lets it counter snipers and the like better. So I feel that'd probably come down to game mode and map even.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Runa posted:

Moonlight Butterfly is personally responsible for wiping my team off B because randos don't look up

Don't look up, you'll drown in particle effects like a turkey in the rain!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Commoners posted:

It's a struggle to stop it even if the team does look up.

If you're already in a decent vantage point a sniper or even a guntank can shut it down really easily. but generally it's easier to just get out of dodge. Most random players struggle to do two things at once, like look up and shoot, or shoot and dodge. So asking them to look up, shoot the moving dude, and get out of the AOE is a huge one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

it's $40 for the pack of all the new suits, i should specify (little over and you have to buy the e-currency $10 at a time so you're spending at least $50)

This combined with unspent currency expiring after 120 days is pretty gross.

EDIT: also buying the coins feels awkward as hell? Maybe it's just because I don't buy many microtransactions through steam or whatever but it makes me buy steam credit to buy the coins to buy the season pass poo poo.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 24, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

yeah that's p. standard

Is it? Alright. Most games I play just let you buy them direct, weird. Anyway it's kind of disappointing that they didn't seem to add in capital from matches after opening the cash shop or anything. Because if the math is right, it looks like free to play players will only be able to unlock two suits the whole season, for seemingly no reason. Well, no reason beyond "to make them pay for the others" I guess.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

After getting my rear end kicked by melee zaku I've decided to get melee zaku as my second choice of suit, the first being marasai because marasai was really fun, if ineffective, in the network test. Maybe one day they'll give us more capital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah the shoulder charge is what got me. I was a GM and it just charged into me, cut me down with the axe, ran past me and cut down a poor zaku that had started shooting at it. It wasn't even in rage mode. So I want it.