Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nuebot posted:

This combined with unspent currency expiring after 120 days is pretty gross.

EDIT: also buying the coins feels awkward as hell? Maybe it's just because I don't buy many microtransactions through steam or whatever but it makes me buy steam credit to buy the coins to buy the season pass poo poo.

yeah that's p. standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Don't get hit

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
From my experience as a Unicorn Zakus are sufficiently dangerous to be worried about - Asshimar solo harassment on the other hand way less so. Unless they completely take you by surprise from above or behind they do not have the damage to put you down before you can swiss cheese their head with the beam gatling

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Runa posted:

Unless I'm doing a challenge I pretty much stick to Unicorn now. Feeling like I've got strong offensive guns paired with a solid support aura kit means that I'm constantly contributing to the team fight, even if I'm ducking back to recover.

Of course this is countered by the fact that the Unicorn only has 800 HP so I need to keep my head on a swivel.

If an Exia manages to get the drop on me and says "No I am gundam" then welp I guess you're right, buddy.

On the bright side, if the Exia misses? rata-tat-tat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
lol yep can confirm it's still busted I just got a crash at the end of a hard fought match right as the victory screen was about to pop

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ninjewtsu posted:

https://gundamevolution.com/en/news/87

the 3000 ranked rating difference between players preventing people from playing together in casual is being temporarily removed

the devs honestly seem pretty open and communicative about every aspect of this game except the dogshit monetization lol

I imagine that's because everything else is something they can unilaterally change or fix on their own. Monetization's probably a mandate.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They are absolutely not going to remove a whole-rear end character from this game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am hoping Season 2 revitalizes it.

I really don't see why it would. The people who have decided they don't like the game aren't going to see one new unit and a battle pass and go "ah well now all of my problems have been resolved".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They absolutely marketed the game via having a bunch of streamers play it, which is exactly how you market games in tyol 2022. And it worked! Between that and the word of mouth from the beta the initial player count for such a niche game was super high.

But then everyone who was new to hero shooters got turned off from the connection issues, monetization, and Barbatos while everyone who already liked those games went to OW2 insteaad.

The reaction to the problems needed to be much, much faster than what we got if this game was going to survive, and anything now is too little too late. The ship has sailed. You're going to see little spikes when new seasons start off and then complete fall-off back to the current numbers if not worse as time goes on.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 30, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's something that should have been addressed week 2, or y'know, back when the beta made it clear it was going to be a problem and their only response was "make Turn A's judo throw a little less poo poo"

Not when your game's player count has been on the triple digits the last three months

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Putting in a unit to appeal to middle aged normies wouldn't have solved any of the actual problems that pushed people away from the game

The issue wasn't getting people to play it was getting them to stick around

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Watching preview videos it seems like the rifle does about half the damage of the GM Sniper's and you're expected to stance dance between the rifle and the pistols because rifle mode has one dash and no natural boost recovery while pistols has two dashes and recovery

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Let's be real, Aerial wouldn't have saved this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kild posted:

No? It doesn't gain players until Nov 24th 2022 where it goes from 1.8k to 2.1k

A whopping 300 people came back for Season 2. Woof.