Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021
It's not a bad Overwatch clone. But I feel like rounds are really dependent on how well your team "gels" and that is really dependent on the matchmaker.

I keep getting into 2000+ MMR only for the game to give me absolute pants teammates that steal my medic main(s) and don't heal everyone in the process to where we get rolled and my MMR tumbles to 1950 or so before climbing back up. Conversely, climbing back up my team rolls with the other side not being able to do anything.

I don't know if it's matchmaking, balancing, or both of them it's weird how "roll"y the rounds are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Kanos posted:

Some maps right now have a really egregious problem where there's literally only one entrance that the attacking squad has to all funnel through and without a Sazabi player on the team you really can't force the choke against a deathball without blowing a ton of ultimates.

Which maps? Generally you can flank, but that's provided the other side doesn't have 2-3 on the flank route.

I feel the attack/defend mode with lines toward the objective like Overwatches is the weakest mode because of that. But the A/B/C attack mode/conquest-like is able to at least flank generally.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Kanos posted:

The stuff in the beta season pass doesn't carry over to live. All you get is a player icon and an RX-78 skin for hitting 20 in the beta.

Honestly, it's not worth hitting 20 in the beta, IMO. Simply because of that and the dailies are broken. They really should change the daily system to where it doesn't try to force you into certain mechs. All too often the ones that are the dailies are chosen and there is nothing you can do about it.

It's like Halo: Infinite's "do these game mode specific" ones but worse, because you at least have the OPTION of choosing the mechs, but can't due to class/hero locks.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

What counts as "winning" with a suit anyway? Winning while playing it as the game ends, or playing it at all during a winning game?

See, this is why the system is awful. It doesn't explain. If Kanos is right and you only need to switch, ok: Great, that's better but the way the system works is just poorly thought out and not explained. It causes me (personally) anxiety on having to lock into mechs to do them, it causes me anxiety to make sure to stay in them to make sure the objectives are reached and counted.

It's just a bad system and doesn't make sense for a F2P shooter to limit you this hard.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Revitalized posted:

I think if someone leaves a big message is displayed saying you can leave too. (though I suppose you might lose points yeah. But I mean who cares about ranked points in a network test, it's all wiped anyways)

If someone leaves extra early, the entire match is terminated.

You still lose points despite that message. It's something people need to report when the beta is over so they can fix it. Because the whole thing is kind of dumb as a deterrent and lax punishment if the lax punishment doesn't work.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021
Love how on the moon map you can have the defenders right outside the sortie door. Flashbacks to TF2 right there.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

RBA Starblade posted:

Oddball, and just yeet a Ball back and forth

Dodgeball with Mechs.

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Kanos posted:

It's a pretty clear example of why any competitive game needs pretty harshly scaling leaver penalties to even function.

Eh, I blame the matchmaker more than the leavers. I finally tapped out and uninstalled after getting tired of the numerous lopsided matches. Either I get blown the eff out or the enemy gets blown the eff out. There really was no in-between in the matches to rank 50 I played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymouseNo5
Nov 11, 2021

Kevsop posted:

If anyone wants to yell at Bamco to fix robot game, they put out a survey that's asking about a lot of the right stuff.

https://jp.research.net/r/Q322M2G

In other Christmas Miracles: You can now practice with unlockable units, and theres going to be a "Winter Campaign" upcoming with 2000 cap as a reward.

Survey is still up, so I told them to delete Barbar from the game and fix the wonky matchmaking where one side stomps the other while making non-chokepoint filled maps and maybe people will come back. :agesilaus: Maybe they'll fix it, but I doubt it. People told them issues during the beta and they were like "oh just git gud kids lmao" and then wonder why casuals bailed.