Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hi all, hope this is an acceptable question to ask here.

My brother is in sports sales and enjoying it. He wanted to me to ask for him here if there are any books that aren't bullshit that will actually give valuable insight in terms of how to steer conversations, cold calling tactics, etc. Just kind of a bunch of real advice that is actually going to help hone his instincts?

Much appreciated all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Duckman2008 posted:

Legit answer: The Art of War is a great book to read if you are in sales.

otherwise, I don’t know about a book, but what he should do is find the top 5-10 sales reps, ask if they can spare 15 minutes , and talk to each of them one on one over the course of a few weeks.

Interesting suggestion re: the book, I will pass it on. In terms of the networking, he's all over that and getting pretty buddy-buddy with a lot of different people in different organizations who already have their eye on him / have started mentoring him a little because he's so good at networking.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 6, 2023

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Any thoughts on "Inbound Selling" as being worthwhile (or not)?

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 6, 2023

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Thanks everyone, these are cool and good replies.