Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

About the Game

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is a 2003 game released for the Game Boy Advance. Part of the Castlevania series, it is set in the not-so-distant future of 2035 and features protagonist Soma Cruz trying to explore the mystery behind the reappearance of Dracula’s castle at that point in time.

The game is considered to be one of the greats of the series, sporting the exploration and snappy combat that has come to define the series.

Critically upon release it arrived to near universal acclaim, rivalled only by the other mainstay of the series, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for how well it is regarded. Critics praised the story, gameplay, level design and music as excellent, with very few flaws tarnishing the overall package.

It enjoyed a rerelease on modern consoles as part of the Castlevania Advance Collection on September 23rd 2021. Bundled in with Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow is easier to play now than it has been since its release nearly twenty years ago.

Our exploration of the Metroidvania genre starting all the way back with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, winding our way through Super Metroid as well as Metroid Fusion and recently a looking at a more modern entry with through Hollow Knight. Aria of Sorrow comes as one of the last great entries in the genre and we are incredibly excited to see how it holds up against the others today.

About the LP

This, as with many of our LPs will be a Guided Blind LP, where I will play with no foreknowledge of the game and Yorkshire Tea will guide me through the world, ensuring that I don’t go too far astray. (Without good reason)

Art and banners, will, as ever, be handled by the amazing Bifauxnen.

Episodes

Links

Our Patreon! - In case you want to support our LPs and see episodes early!

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
One thing I do want feedback in is the pop ups. At the moment I have them there because I thought showing them would be helpful in indicating a difference of the advance collection, but they make blowing up the video to match the full screen difficult and I can't decorate the blackspace around the game at all to make it a little less stark. Obviously I can't do that much with this set of episodes but for the next set I can see about fixing some stuff up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

NGDBSS posted:

I see Natural20 is on his usual "stubbornly trying to shove my head through a wall rather than pull back in the slightest for consideration" game here. Imagine how much worse things would be if he were playing Bloodborne.

Just remember, if there is a boss fight, just keep going at it over and over until you get good.

Do not think about going elsewhere or changing your loadout, that is folly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Episode 11 - Underground Reservoir

Updated art will come when I'm not on holiday in Athens.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Hey, sorry for the delay in posting! I got back from my trip to Athens at around 1am and I was too zonked to really do anything!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I hope this set of episodes isn't as maddening to watch as it was to play.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

White Coke posted:

Is it supposed to be unlisted?

No! Thank you very much for the spot.

C-Euro posted:

Are you this stubborn in real life, or do you just play it up for the viewers?

If anything I would try more times without viewers.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Aria of Sorrow - Episode 16 - Chronomage

Art will be up shortly owing to a screwup of mine!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 13, 2022

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Epsiode 20 - Forbidden Area

Apologies everyone. Delays and art missing are due to my massive drinking problem.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Episode 22 - Chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

And that my friends is the end of the LP!

As always thanks so so much for watching along, we always appreciate your comments and support.

We'll be continuing on with Bloodborne after a week off, I'd expect a debut on Wednesday the 8th of June, which I imagine is going to be absolutely hilarious for everyone involved.

A huge thanks as always needs to go to Bifauxnen who continues to do us the favour of making these very cool title cards for each episode.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 28, 2022