Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Zombie Officer's soul :argh:

The translation in this game is not perfect, and that description is not at all what it says it is. What it means is you don't get knocked away when you get hit in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I think that's actually pretty typical, and we're just in the habit of grinding a bit for souls, yeah.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I won't lie, I did chuckle darkly as soon as I saw Nat use that high potion and then get to the pre death save room.

Re levels, it does up your damage and one less hit that you need to make against Death is one less chance to screw up and it reduces the time you spend in each phase.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Oh my god. Items don't despawn. I think that worm actually ate it.

And the best part was that it was a sword type that Nat liked. With the holy element too.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Ah, if only they'd found an armour upgrade somewhere in the game that they didn't go back for. A shame, that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Explopyro posted:

I will admit, I honestly don't like most of the overhead swinging weapons either (Ascalon in particular I'm not a huge fan of, with how short it is), they just feel awkward to me a lot of the time. There is one I use a fair amount that's a hard mode exclusive (Death's Scythe has a lot of range on it, so it's a bit different), but the weapon I use most in this portion of the game is one they didn't end up finding (Mystletainn, which IIRC is in the clock tower somewhere, has a very similar speed, style, and range to Hrunting but a better element). And then, of course, there's the Claiomh Solais which is so good it's worth using in spite of being an overhead weapon.

They didn't need to find Mystletainn, it actually dropped for Nat from a Dryad. Unfortunately a worm ate the drop.