Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

god, i was so loving worried at the end there that there would just be an absolute refusal to look into anything further and just call it quits despite like almost deliberately misinterpreting practically everything to do with the ancient books and neglecting to give it any thought beyond all of 3 initial seconds for each one then never challenging that interpretation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there was the question about graham's powers, and i...don't think the game ever really explains what his deal is? he's just kinda generic and 'fit to inherit dracula's powers' or whatever but nothing else is really said or shown that implies anything along what soma does. in dawn of sorrow it gives the other candidates something that's more distinctly their thing to work with that isn't what soma does but i don't think they had thought that far ahead for aria with graham.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

honestly kind of amazed they made the claimh solais as good as it is. it'd be pretty busted even if it didn't have the holy element attached. it's not like it was even hidden all that well in the forbidden zone!

well i guess there's the waterfall puzzle protecting it, but drat. you can get there the moment you have undine + scylla and can reach any of the 3 monsters that give the soul you need.

Shitenshi posted:

I think their deal is the same as Graham's. Being born on the day of Dracula's final death made them very distant heirs, the equivalent of distant cousins of the king's sister, whereas Soma is the prince, and therefore the next in line. The only difference is that their powers are like gimmicky sentai villains, where it's never specified what Graham's particular power is.

yeah that's the funny thing. the other candidates in dawn of sorrow each have specific powersets they kind of draw from and you can very easy tell that they've got something going on. meanwhile all you ever see graham do is uh. stab yoko? i guess? and then he just runs to the throne room and grabs the evil energy to turn into Weird Woman Amalgamation which as we all know is very dracula-core.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

definitely would rec the ds castlevania games in general, people like to argue about which one they think is best of the 3 but they all have some neat stuff to enjoy