Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well its not the best post SOTN IGAvania
because theyre all the best in their own way :colbert:

except harmony of dissonance and circle of the moon

e: ooh i kind of hate that bestiary popup but its also kind of useful

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

I'm enjoying Nat speculating on the plot of the unreleased Castlevania 1999.

Speaking of theres a fan game being made in the style of castlevania 3/Bloodstained curse of the moon all about 1999.
holding off on posting its trailer since its minor spoilers.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, Dawn is the one where getting more copies of a given soul can sometimes power up that ability. There's also another mechanic in that game where you can spend souls to get items. They really lean into the soul-grinding aspect of the game, to its detriment.

only because the drop rate is horrid and certain mechanics are bugged.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 19, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

C-Euro posted:

Definitely agree about the first point, but I wasn't aware of the second point. What specifically went wrong there?

Luck doesn't work. If you get 99 luck the rate increases by 0.03%
It's the same in Aria, where you need thousands of luck to affect the drop rate at all.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 19, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah items work since they arent on the luck side of the formula. Theyre additive to the chances.
Sorry for this, its over now

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 20, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Headhunter says:
As the lady: onore ; translated usually as Curse you or you bastard. Lit. just a very rude way of saying "You".
The old man (in a dress) : Ikazuchi-yo ; Thunder, i think the -yo suffix is just a stereotypical old person thing. Honoo-ryuu : Fire Dragon. Pretty descriptive for what he does.

Curly!
Mistranslation of Kali, Hindu goddess of death.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I do love how castlevania (the series and location) is an international crossroads of several mythological and folkloric creatures and items, overlaid on a plot that has nothing to do with any of it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

White Coke posted:

How much would leveling up help Nat20 against Death? How much more health would he have or damage would he do if he were five or ten levels higher?

Aria formula stuff once again

Each level gets you about 12ish HP, 2-3 ATT (2-3 STR) and a point of DEF (1-2 CON) and INT.
Ten levels would be like 120-140 extra hp, 20-22 more attack and 9-10 more Def.
ATK and DEF both increase/decrease damage respectively by 1.
Bullet (Red) souls run off STR and some have a higher multiplier than others, meaning their damage can scale massively with STR.
Guardian (Blue) run off INT in the same way, but iirc they generally have lower multipliers so their scaling isnt as good.

Its kind of unintuitive: youd think the casting side of things would use INT not STR, but no, STR is the god stat in Aria, and some souls can reach stupidly high numbers.

A good soul for death here is the valkyrie which has a huge multiplier, sweeps a large area and is holy elemental.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 27, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GunnerJ posted:

Guns don't work on supernatural monsters, duh

Werewolves and silver bullets tho

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So everyone and their dog has been waiting for a castlevania set in the Demon Castle war of 1999

So fans stepped up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19bYGamq3Dk

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah julius just uses the flashiest item crush to scare you.

Entirely headcanon wise, since they say the belmonts get stronger each generation, its just the piled up knowledge of how to hunt monsters.

Julius going at it seriously is like being attacked by TAS Richter

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

In my mind the church is keeping very close tabs on everyone born during draculas death

Everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

Not to say Julius isn't best Belmont, but isn't the reason Dracula isn't around* anymore because J convinced** D to give up on being lord of evil? I doubt even J could punch Dracula so hard he couldn't return the next century if he wished to.

*yeah yeah Soma is around, you get what I mean
**and then there was an epic duel between the two

Unrelated: Ecclesia is hard?

Id like to think Julius really is (was) that strong. But it was a group effort too. Alucard and a (DoS stuff):Hakuba shrine priest plus an entire army worked together to bring ol drac his final death and seal the castle in the eclipse.