Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Omobono posted:

Does Aria have multiple soul sets you can hotswap through?

It's been a while since I last played the gba/ds 'vanias so I don't remember when that became a thing.
Sadly there's no quickswapping souls in Aria, you have to open the menu every time. It's one of the very few things that drags the game down a bit.

Aria's great. I think the first time I experienced it was actually through a randomizer, which was hella fun but also somewhat confusing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

I used the Student Witch soul for most of my last run. It's fun.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Marluxia posted:

The translation in this game is not perfect
That's an incredibly kind way of putting it :laffo:

theshim
May 1, 2012

I like the Inner Quarters. It's got martial artist maids and my second favorite music in the game. Can be pretty punishing, though.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I love the music in the Floating Gardens, my favorite in the game. Cool area, though everything petrifying you is kinda hilariously dickish.

theshim
May 1, 2012

C-Euro posted:

There's another entrance to the Underground Reservoir across from that very first save point that Nat refuses to use, you dipped your head in there in episode 1 :eng101:
Yeah, this is why the title card didn't pop up now.

Nightmare is great but I'm still sad we never picked up the Student Witch soul...

theshim
May 1, 2012

Legion is actually the only permanently missable soul in the game, funnily enough.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I love the rubber ducky! Lilith and Succubus just chilling in the tub until Soma runs in and ruins everything.

theshim
May 1, 2012

pointlessone posted:

"Hello, hello, ladies and gentlemen, I am Natural 20, and this is an angry mob. Joining them today is Yorkshire Tea."
okay this got a real good chuckle out of me, well done

theshim
May 1, 2012

Congrats on beating Aria of Sorrow! It's a great game and I'm glad you enjoyed.

There's a fun easter egg if you die in the final battle against Chaos, worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

Thanks for the LP, was good stuff.

For a real treat, check out the TAS of the game, or of Julius mode if you're short on time. It's pretty great!