Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

widespread posted:

And before you ask, no, it was on a random Monday Nitro.
It was at Slamboree 2000, which was not a big or important PPV, but a PPV nonetheless.

It also was held in Kemper Arena, just under a year after Owen Hart fell to his death in the same building!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Edge & Christian posted:

It also was held in Kemper Arena, just under a year after Owen Hart fell to his death in the same building!

Didn't WCW have Sting descend from the rafters in that same building once? I seem to remember some uproar about that.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

sticklefifer posted:

Didn't WCW have Sting descend from the rafters in that same building once? I seem to remember some uproar about that.
They had him lurking in the rafters at a Nitro in KC, but it was in May 1998 so you can't really blame them for not seeing into the future. I believe I've seen this referenced as post-Owen, but it was May 1998 in the midst of the NWO Hollywood/Wolfpac feud. WCW only did two shows from Kemper after Owen died.

One was the October 4, 1999 Nitro which is remembered for both the Benoit/Bret tribute match for Owen, and also Sid Vicious's car get crushed into a cube. Sting wrestled in the main event (as a heel!) but didn't come from the rafters.

Then the Kanyon-toss event, Slamboree 2000. Sting was on the card wrestling Vampiro, but he just came out of the standard entrance. He did the descending from the rafters gimmick in the Vampiro feud at least once since it was in the video package for Slamboree, and a month later Vampiro lit Sting/a stunt double on fire and threw them off the Turnertron at GAB 2000, but neither of those two "Sting Up High" moments in that feud happened in Kansas City.

There was definitely an uproar about the Kanyon spot at the time. Bischoff still defends it, in a very Bischoffian way.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Edge & Christian posted:

It was at Slamboree 2000, which was not a big or important PPV, but a PPV nonetheless.

Odd, I thought there was a Triple Cage match on a Nitro as well. Timer and all.

quote:

:stare:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Excuse me, how can you say Slamboree 2000 was not a "big or important PPV," when it featured defending WCW World Heavyweight Champion, David Arquette?

Speaking of which:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:negative:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

widespread posted:

Odd, I thought there was a Triple Cage match on a Nitro as well. Timer and all.
You're right that there was a random Nitro that featured WARGAMES 2000: RUSSO'S REVENGE. That is a different Triple Cage match from the one that Kanyon was involved in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This is just a normal day for Sasuke

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lmfao

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:smith:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

i enjoyed this

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Yeah that match ruled.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i did not

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 11, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1513545450955198464

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

lmao

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

This needs more love

Cody will never be a face as long as that neck tat exists

Also lol Downstait live

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

idgi what happened to the poor monke person

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jiro posted:

idgi what happened to the poor monke person

RIP Kemonito

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

RIP Kemonito

:smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I think that was one of the first ever wrestling gifs I saw, someone on DVDVR had it in their signature, albeit in a much lower quality. It always makes me smile.

Is it Shocker he lands on? I know that it's Ultimo Guerrero who attempts murder but can't remember who he lands on.

I also like that they teased a sequel

https://twitter.com/LuchaGifs/status/1452636068545634306?s=20&t=jyAWBqddLPDPe9tebP8-fA

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

images you can hear

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

neoaxd posted:

images you can hear

Toadscream.mp3

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

:stonklol:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Quid posted:

a grim tragedy
just no

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

As a side note, wasn’t there a pic posted that shows Kenimoto making their own merch? I thought that was very neat.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

boooo

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of Arquette