Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
looking back on it there are quite a few stinkers of nicktoons, but CatDog almost seems deliberate.

-Boring, gross art style
-Weird, depressing plotlines
-Annoying characters - EVERY character had a catchphrase that was unfunny and run into the ground every single episode

what the hell was up with CatDog? are there any CatDog "fans" out there? I can think of plenty of nicktoons that I only ever watched out of intertia, like the wild thornberries or rocket power, but CatDog actually had the power to cause me to change the channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm an adult op so I have no loving idea.

thanks.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My mom wouldn't let me watch CatDog because it was too gross. Sometimes I get the theme stuck in my head.

I wasn't allowed to watch Edd Ed n Eddy either.

Jokes on her I watched Adult Swim while they were bowling

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Haven't seen it in a while but I remember liking it when I was younger.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
The lone little world of the little CatDog OP.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

nothing is better than rocko's modern life tbh

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
If only I'd seen the wonderful carefree cartoons of my youth instead of Touched by an Angel and Walker Texas Ranger or Twilight Zone instead of Drawn Together and South Park I might have been OK.

Yeah no.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

catdog was great op

i can't justify this and i suspect i wouldn't like it now but who loving cares? it was up there with spongebob when i was a kid in the 90s/aughts for poo poo i would always stop to watch like idk

maybe it was just a kid millenial idiom that's no longer relevant and doesn't hold up? I'd bet this, even, but I liked it back then and my mom hated it which was a cartoon stamp of approval back then

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I wasn't allowed to watch SpongeBob either.

It's still good and my own kids love it. It's very relevant still. Baby loves any episode with the jellies in it.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

you can't be both a cat person and a dog person. the show is for degenerates

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
ive always wondered do they poop out of each other's mouths

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

SpongeBob is good. CatDog was okay, fairly odd parents was a show that I also watched as a kid. Cartoons just aren't good anymore, not like the trash on now. lol, it's all trash

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Big Butt Skinner posted:

ive always wondered do they poop out of each other's mouths

There’s a cloaca in the mid section

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."

hatty posted:

There’s a cloaca in the mid section
source??

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Naw I think there's an apisode or 2 about this they pee out of thier armpits and hairballs come out of the dog half.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Treecko posted:

If only I'd seen the wonderful carefree cartoons of my youth instead of Touched by an Angel and Walker Texas Ranger or Twilight Zone instead of Drawn Together and South Park I might have been OK.

Yeah no.

You can’t say “instead of” twice in the same sentence

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
The tie in cheese Crackers were good at least.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Flowers for QAnon posted:

instead of saying instead of twice, you could say rather than instead of instead of in the sentence

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I already did whatcha gonna do watch a cartoon about it? :colbert:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ellasmith posted:

looking back on it there are quite a few stinkers of nicktoons, but CatDog almost seems deliberate.

-Boring, gross art style
-Weird, depressing plotlines
-Annoying characters - EVERY character had a catchphrase that was unfunny and run into the ground every single episode

what the hell was up with CatDog? are there any CatDog "fans" out there? I can think of plenty of nicktoons that I only ever watched out of intertia, like the wild thornberries or rocket power, but CatDog actually had the power to cause me to change the channel.

the show was meh, the mouse that lived in their wall loving sucked

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
No, OP. That was Cow and Chicken. Cow and Chicken was the show designed to be a genuinely unpleasant experience.

CatDog's problem was that nobody thought much past the concept and the theme song. That's why nobody can remember any individual episode.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Catdog

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

No, OP. That was Cow and Chicken. Cow and Chicken was the show designed to be a genuinely unpleasant experience.

CatDog's problem was that nobody thought much past the concept and the theme song. That's why nobody can remember any individual episode.

Cow and Chicken was fun

It was also the first and only time I have heard the term "pegboy" used on TV in its historical context

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I watched everything but catdog was too stupid and ugly for me

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Cow and Chicken was fun

It was also the first and only time I have heard the term "pegboy" used on TV in its historical context

Yes, all its jokes were like that. Hey, look, this tribe is called 'The Assweepeis", that's almost like Asswipes, do you get it??? It doesn't hold up as a cartoon for children, but it also doesn't hold up as something meant for adults because all the jokes are just "look, there's a butt, look, we're sneaking in dirty words into this cartoon, isn't this wild!"

No, it's not wild. You're not breaking new ground here, Cow and Chicken. I can just stay up late and watch the cartoons that have all that stuff and also do something with it. And Cow just spraying people with her milk all the time was pretty hosed up.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Modern cable tv is just the popular 3 shows in infinite repeat for 22 hours each day.

Varied garbage was better.

no sane person watches live TV

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994859&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Hey why are you thinking about cable TV cartoons from the 90s when you could be figuring out how to not take 10 massive stinking shits every day?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

its time for a hawaian dicking, op

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Poohs Packin posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994859&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Hey why are you thinking about cable TV cartoons from the 90s when you could be figuring out how to not take 10 massive stinking shits every day?

I’m convinced he has a massive duodenal ulcer with a slow bleed.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Yes, all its jokes were like that. Hey, look, this tribe is called 'The Assweepeis", that's almost like Asswipes, do you get it??? It doesn't hold up as a cartoon for children, but it also doesn't hold up as something meant for adults because all the jokes are just "look, there's a butt, look, we're sneaking in dirty words into this cartoon, isn't this wild!"

No, it's not wild. You're not breaking new ground here, Cow and Chicken. I can just stay up late and watch the cartoons that have all that stuff and also do something with it. And Cow just spraying people with her milk all the time was pretty hosed up.

i learned how to towel my rear end crack because of that cartoon

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Best thing to come outta CatDog was a banger theme song.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Cow and Chicken was bad. I still remember that theme song too ugh.

Now the Beetlejuice and Adam's Family cartoons were wholesome family fun

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cat was a total prick but all he wanted was to be left alone to do his prick poo poo. Same with squidward. These annoying characters like Doug or SpongeBob messing with them always gave me light anxiety as a kid.

Leave em alone!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

It was very mediocre yes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Das Boo posted:

Best thing to come outta CatDog was a banger theme song.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

i think I had it on for about three minutes once then turned it off because it sucked.

Didn't it revolve around a four-legged cartoon animal with a dog's head at one end and a cat's head at the other?

So the dog guts would have shat out of the cat's mouth hole and vice versa. Disgusting. No wonder the generation who watched it is so hosed up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dogs eat poop, it's ok

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Wow, they glued Ren and Stimpy together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bring back the red guy from Cow and Chicken who walked with his rear end cheek