Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dogs eat poop, it's ok

Cats don't! (Except for licking their own assholes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bring back the red guy from Cow and Chicken who walked with his rear end cheek

This goon gets it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

BigBadSteve posted:

Cats don't! (Except for licking their own assholes.)

U just played yourself :doggo::ironicat:

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

catdog is not very good. there are some creative ideas and artwork but it's really weighed down by how repetitive and boring the character interactions are, and the writing is lazy about twice as often as it's creative or fun

i have a phd in old nickelodeon cartoons. a few years ago i went looking for mission hill episodes and ended up in a little niche groupwatch streaming site that played a mix of basically every tv show and commercial from the 90s. spent a 6 month tour of duty with that running on a second monitor among what was probably 90% adult babies and shut-ins

do NOT say that i am also an adult baby or i will tip over my juice cup

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
e: wrong thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My mom wouldn't let me watch cow and chicken because of that lovingly detailed hairy rear end.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

6 of the 31 individual posters itt have been banned in the 2 years since this thread was started, 3 of them for weird sex creep/pedo poo poo (the bloop, whowhatnow, bigbadsteve), the op for being gross as gently caress, and then epic youtube guy zeluth and canpakes (current moniker is maudib arakkis or something lol)

grim

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

6 of the 31 individual posters itt have been banned in the 2 years since this thread was started, 3 of them for weird sex creep/pedo poo poo (the bloop, whowhatnow, bigbadsteve), the op for being gross as gently caress, and then epic youtube guy zeluth and canpakes (current moniker is maudib arakkis or something lol)

grim

What lmao no not canpakes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I also hated catdog, op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol at necroing a two year old thread with an oops wrong thread

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

lmao

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

fart barterer posted:

e: wrong thread

Powerful necromancy in this thread.

Crucify him?

Bloodfart McCoy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 9, 2024

naem
May 29, 2011

2022 feels like, a really long time ago now already

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It's fine, op.
There was and are worse shows.

E: also I like the themesong.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 9, 2024

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
I remember liking it somewhat when I was like 6. I was also simultaneously kind of put off by the crusty vibe of the show, especially first thing in the morning.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Wasn't it literally the devil?

Thinking about it, there was a lot of cartoons that made Satan a character. I think Powerpuff Girls did it pretty cool with Him. Robot Devil in futurama is fun too

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a fan but I never hated it as much as everyone else seemed to. I will say everyone hating CatDog the show is pretty meta because within the show everyone seemed to hate CatDog the being. It's sort of a 90s We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

naem posted:

2022 feels like, a really long time ago now already

2022 was ten years ago

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
How did I miss this amazing thread the first time around?

Prof. Fantastic
Aug 24, 2007

Everybody needs a little Scooter Duck in their lives...
I hated the piece of poo poo blue rat

Thanks

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i liike cats and i like dogs so i like catdog because they're both and thats cool (:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

grim

Catdog has that effect on people. Best to let this cursed thread die.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

grim

the bloop was an accurate reflection of the average gbs user and the mods feared that

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Catdog has that effect on people. Best to let this cursed thread die.

lol

020924_2
Feb 10, 2024
CatDog now $18.99 a month?!? :wtc:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I prefered 2 Stupid Dogs, OP. And Angry Beavers.

TunaSled
Jun 4, 2003

Catdog was an allegory for

something

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why the gently caress wasn't it Dogcat

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I prefer to refer to canpakes as "nom epique"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Bloop posted:

Cow and Chicken was fun

It was also the first and only time I have heard the term "pegboy" used on TV in its historical context

Welp this post aged like milk

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Treecko posted:

My mom wouldn't let me watch CatDog because it was too gross. Sometimes I get the theme stuck in my head.

I wasn't allowed to watch Edd Ed n Eddy either.

Jokes on her I watched Adult Swim while they were bowling

jokes on you we werent bowling

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

CatDog was not designed to poo poo at all

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

cumpantry posted:

CatDog was not designed to poo poo at all

You don't know that. One time in kindergarten this one kid barfed and it looked and smelled like poo poo. I imagine it would be the same process.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I didn’t even like CatDog when I was the right age for it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

the creator/showrunner sounds like a very normal and well adjusted person who definitely didn't write his own IMDB bio

quote:

He also wrote and illustrated stories for the anthologies Speak! Children's Illustrators Brag About Their Dogs and Purr! Children's Illustrators Brag About Their Cats. He is currently working on series of middle-grade illustrated chapter books which feature a staggering team of super-avenging nincompoops. He really wants this to be a runaway best-selling series because he feels that sitting on the beach, or perhaps in the woods, scribbling funny words and silly pictures while sipping refreshing beverages would be a very civilized way to live. He is also writing and illustrating several picture books and working on a book intended for adults. He has written and illustrated a number of amusing newspaper and magazine pieces with titles like The Incredible Shrinking Christmas, Death of Yuppie, Mike Royko Moves to the Suburbs, and The Good, the Bad, and the Irish.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Catdog was so tedious. Even Doug was a better show.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
2 Stupid Dogs was top tier, and it also included the superior reboot of Secret Squirrel.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

X JAKK posted:

2 Stupid Dogs was top tier, and it also included the superior reboot of Secret Squirrel.

Well isn't that cute... BUT ITS [correct]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Rocko's Modern Life creator Joe Murray from his 2010 book "Creating Animated Cartoons with Character" posted:

After their animation production arm "Games Animation" merged with my studio to produce Rocko's Modern Life, they solidified into Nicktoons Studio and put out Hey Arnold by Craig Bartlett and another show that was a bit of an experiment, called CatDog by Peter Hannan.

There were two reasons why CatDog was experimental. First, as far as I know, all the creator-driven cartoons up to this point had been crafted by an artist/writer with animation experience. Peter Hannan had some beautiful and funny illustrated books to his credit, but when Nickelodeon picked up CatDog, the Nicktoon Cartoon Factory merely placed Hannan, the outside creator, at the helm of the talented animation team they had already established. This move began to expand the pool for bringing in creators. The second part of the CatDog experiment, in my opinion, failed. By that time, Nickelodeon had begun “stripping” the shows that had been in production since the early ’90s. “Stripping” means to run a different episode every day of the week (rather than once a week, which is the norm when a show is in production). This is possible when you have a good amount of episodes in the can, like 52 or 60. It also makes a good syndication block. So what did the powers at Nickelodeon decide was a good experiment? To start the show out by stripping; in other words, to create as many episodes as possible as quickly as possible and start out airing a new one every day of the week. Then it could move into syndication more quickly, which is a big moneymaker for Viacom. I know a lot of the artists who were on that team, and I think they are still scraping their brains off of the floor from that experience.

When former Rocko’s Modern Life director Steve Hillenburg produced his pilot of a little yellow sponge named SpongeBob, he had seen the CatDog experiment at work and decided to convince Nickelodeon to slow down the pace of production.