Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

man nurse posted:

As someone who hasn’t seen either movie in it’s entirety, I’m assuming both are solid kids films with little references that will delight nerds

Pretty much. They went harder on the references in this one and didn't play it quite as safe in the balance of human characters/space animals. Even today I had a few coworkers asking me "Didn't that first one look like poo poo at first?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Also, am I crazy or did [Tails] design look just a bit ~off~. I don't know, something about the way he looked just didn't work for me. I didn't have this problem with Knuckes or Sonic.

I think it's that his extra fur accents, like his cheek fur and pompadour tufts, don't fully translate to the "real" CGI style. Not a huge thing, but I do remember thinking they looked kinda strange from some angles.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Someone making this movie wants to be spit on by Jim Carrey.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I just noticed this and I have to leave for work so I can’t look into it more, but there’s a bunch of camera videos of the movie on YouTube that haven’t been nuked. This is a probably a brilliant marketing stunt.

Search for the ending or credits or stinger.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 26, 2022