Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So when I was a teenager I went for a walk with my two older sisters. Beautiful autumn day, decided to walk a nice little dirt path between a treeline and field. Washington state, so there are tons of little nature paths that cut into the woods.

We step into one path and about 10-15 feet in, there's this little... bridge shack? Around 4 feet tall built over a stream. I was in front and musing about whether it was a homeless camp or a drug drop when I suddenly hear one of my sister's say, "Come on. Let's go NOW."

Turns out they had both looked back at the same time to see a man in a suit approaching us, his arms out in a bear hug pose. When they locked eyes, he turned on his heel and walked back out to the treeline.

My sisters had to pick me up and carry me across the field because I wasn't dressed for all the brambles. When we got to the road on the opposite side of the field, we looked back to see the man had met another man, also in a suit, and they were continuing along the treeline together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Beard Dandruff posted:

Jesus thats loving creepy. When you say suit do you mean a business suit or some kind of hazmat getup?

Average-rear end business suit. If it was hazmat, I woulda barreled through the briars and into a hospital, holy hell.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ooh, thought of another! Thought my period was gonna kill me once.

One morning I was working at my computer and I felt something drop inside me. A lot of women will recognize it from their periods, the sudden feeling of blood/uterine wall sloughing, but this was immediately alarming. First off, I was on day 5 of my cycle and only spotting by that point. Second, this was A LOT of blood. Definitely more than on my heavy flow days. By the time I got to the bathroom, I was literally pouring blood and it was fresh and clean. No clots.

I didn't have insurance at this time. So!

S-size tampons hold 10 ml of fluid and on a heavy flow day? I probably go through one every 4 hours. I was bleeding through them in under an hour, over and over. Despite getting increasingly dizzy and tired, I wasn't able to sleep because I was bleeding through so quickly. I finally remembered the disposable pads they used in nursing homes, so I managed to get a little sleep by putting a goddamn puppy training pad under me.

I remember wondering if something was hemorrhaging inside of me, so I sat in the shower (standing was tough at this point) and paid attention to the blood flow. There was a surge every 7-10 minutes, so I reasoned that it couldn't be something entirely uncontrolled. My body was doing this.

24 hours in and it was still going. I couldn't sit up and my limbs felt tingly. I was so cold and tired. Still losing upwards of 10 ml each hour. I tried calculating how much longer before I'd risk going into shock and I think I came to the conclusion that I'd be down a full pint come 48 hours. I'd need to go to the hospital even if it financially ruined me. But then I also remember thinking that if this was bleeding out, it wasn't such a bad way to die. I thought it must be like what they describe when you're dying of hypothermia.

Anyway, it stopped around the 36 hour mark. I noticed the blood had suddenly begun clotting and became that familiar thick, dark red. Then it just stopped completely within an hour of that change.

When I finally got insurance, I went to see a doc and we figure it was probably menorrhagia. Hasn't happened since!

Das Boo fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Apr 11, 2022