Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

Getting to the Sun station is definitely a lot easier with a basic understanding of orbital mechanics, which is why I considered it a fun challenge myself. Kerbal Space Program prepared me well there, it seems.

Did get stuck inside the ship a few times though, when I attempted landing directly on the station itself. Hadn't even considered using the ejection to make that easier for myself, so props for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

I absolutely adore this area, and it was very amusing to see how entirely different your first jaunt in it was, and what all you were able to witness. Definitely seconding the desire to see the next video.

You figured out the operation of the door and the rafts so much quicker than I did...

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

It's fascinating watching different people play this. An artist friend of mine with great spatial recognition skills, was able to grasp the layout of the Stranger very quickly, meanwhile I spent a while just looking around the whole place, analysing what I'm seeing and building a mental map first, trying to figure out paths of least resistance. And yet, I don't think the pace you're going through stuff is all that different from ours. I really like how they managed to make the DLC.

Also, just a hunch, but in order to try to reduce possible frustration on your part: This DLC is giving you information visually, and some of it may not be easy to understand the first time you see it.

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

Do you want to know why you don't get ship log updates while in there? Same reason as to why you don't see your HUD elements. You ain't got your suit.

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

Now that we're here, I can finally mention: I came across that final "error" purely by accident.

After finding out that "dying" in the dreamworld did nothing, I started messing around and seeing how much it would take to snap out from it. I happened to be doing the initial testing at the hidden gorge, and first time I plunged into the water and woke up, so next test involved leaving the lamp behind to see if I drown... and promptly fell out of the radius.

It was certainly a different experience, not having to do one of the stealth sections basically at all, and being able to scout into the darkened areas very easily. (I didn't much care for the stealth sections either)

As for the three locks, they all have a valid combination for them, and they function as you might expect, middle one calling the raft and the right one turning off the light. Dataminers found the codes pretty quickly, and in one of the patches the developers also included an open version of the diving bell casket in the event you input the correct codes. It wasn't included initially, as using the intended methods, it's not really possible to see what happened given the whole... being dead thing.

Another neat thing: That vision you beam to the prisoner, it actually changes depending on how much you have learned about the Nomai's fate on that current run. At the very least not knowing about ghost matter makes the Nomai just fall over without the interloper blowing up.