Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I love Jalen, but use the hock pick for him max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

With his current contract, I would not give up a first for him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Give a second rounder this year and a third next year and not anything more.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/woodwardsports/status/1630690272727138304?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Were they becoming too likeable?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Please don't post Monarrez, that guy is value brand Skip Bayless with 1/10th the insight or charisma.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/woodwardsports/status/1630718357442899969?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mitch Nation Rise Up

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1630585359871488002

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yes but why?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I guess he'd be a solid backup

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Wanted: QB who cannot throw to the left. Titty Kissing optional.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes but why?

He loves Trubs sensible car choices.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gonz posted:

Wanted: QB who cannot throw to the left. Titty Kissing mandatory.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes but why?

Owners love that “want to attitude.”

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Even as a fan of a divisional rival, I've been waiting eagerly for Inside the Den to come back. Now it's here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ3CWPGbWUs

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes but why?

I haven't heard a single player hate Mitchell the person. He's a backup vibes guy.

If someone makes him a long term starter than lol, just lmao

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I didn't think Jalen Carter being arrested was how the bears draft was going to get ruined.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Maybe they’ll just stay at #2 and grab Anderson

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
its perfect, now they have to trade down even further and get the best OT

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

its perfect, now they have to trade down even further and get the best OT

They might just trade down more and still take him. I'm not convinced this incident is going to move the needle much for any NFL teams.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Forrest on Fire posted:

I haven't heard a single player hate Mitchell the person. He's a backup vibes guy.

If someone makes him a long term starter than lol, just lmao

By most accounts he was well-liked and respected by his teammates in Chicago even though he failed to become the franchise QB Pace envisioned. And yeah, he should have a long career as a backup in this league if nothing else.

Sataere posted:

They might just trade down more and still take him. I'm not convinced this incident is going to move the needle much for any NFL teams.

Yeah that might be in the cards now!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This is kind of fun, the NFLPA did a player survey and put out a report card for each team: https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

Chicago Bears - 13th overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: C-
Nutrition: D+
Weight room: A
Strength staff: A-
Training room: A+
Training staff: A-
Locker room: A
Travel: C-

Detroit Lions - 15th overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: B
Nutrition: D-
Weight room: B+
Training room: D+
Training staff: B+
Locker room: B
Travel: A

Green Bay Packers - 6th overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: B+
Nutrition: A
Strength staff: A
Training room: B-

Minnesota Vikings - 1st overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: A
Nutrition: A-
Strength staff: A+
Training staff: A+
Locker room: A+

You might look at these scores and think the survey was a softball, but there's actually a bunch of low-scoring teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFC North has the best average scores here, obviously helped by the near-perfect grades for Minnesota.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
chicago nutrition being a D is ridiculous. it's all the italian beefs and deep dish pizza you can eat, what nfl player doesn't love that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

The complaints expressed by player respondents focused more on the treatment of the players and their families. Also, both the quality of the food and the timing of the meals were flagged as issues. While players’ opinions of the coaching staff in Chicago are generally positive, one major problem identified was the overall tempo and intensity of offseason workouts, which was reflected in an actual violation and punishment last offseason.
\

That's not very HITS principle of these people, when Flus finds out who they are they are gone.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

mastershakeman posted:

chicago nutrition being a D is ridiculous. it's all the italian beefs and deep dish pizza you can eat, what nfl player doesn't love that

Hell yeah

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

surf rock posted:

You might look at these scores and think the survey was a softball, but there's actually a bunch of low-scoring teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFC North has the best average scores here, obviously helped by the near-perfect grades for Minnesota.

Sad they don't have an easily copy/paste or downloadable format to get the grade summary into Excel, because sifting through the data different ways would be a pretty fun ("fun") fuckaround activity that looks like real work to a passerby. I'm not transcribing 256 data points for it, though.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I love Minneapolis but I have to imagine the Vikings know they have to work extra hard at making the org attractive in order to land free agents, because it's so cold for a lot of the season, and it's not a terribly exciting place.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

surf rock posted:

The Wilfs have put a lot of effort into building a quality organization, even in the areas of the organization that don't show unless you take a deep look.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Just pitch free agents on the Mall Of America.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

surf rock posted:

This is kind of fun, the NFLPA did a player survey and put out a report card for each team: https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

Chicago Bears - 13th overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: C-
Nutrition: D+
Locker room: A
Travel: C-

Detroit Lions - 15th overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: B
Nutrition: D-
Weight room: B+
Training room: D+
Training staff: B+

Green Bay Packers - 6th overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: B+
Nutrition: A
Strength staff: A
Training room: B-

Minnesota Vikings - 1st overall (team breakdown)

Treatment of families: A
Nutrition: A-
Strength staff: A+
Training staff: A+
Locker room: A+

This is a lot of fun and also quite interesting, to see what teams fall where. Also of note is that the Lions' respondents have relatively mediocre faith in Ford-Hamp's willingness to spend on the facilities, in that 88% of them do -- the overall responses are very high on that in general meaning that the average is dragged way up, so it might just be lingering uncertainty from the prior ownership regimes. The Packers are also in that relatively mediocre band, because public ownership.

As for the Vikings, I'm very pleased to see that super-good score. The absolute least a billionaire owner can do is take good care of their employees, and the Wilfs seem to be doing that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Arizona is like half F's, no wonder they always suck. Jerry Jones also knows how to spend money, only one B. I'm surprised by teams that get low grades in Nutrition, that's a bedrock of performance and the team is failing at it. 3 teams got an F- on Nutrition, drat, Bears not doing great with a D+ either. At least they know where to improve on.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bird in a Blender posted:

Arizona is like half F's, no wonder they always suck. Jerry Jones also knows how to spend money, only one B. I'm surprised by teams that get low grades in Nutrition, that's a bedrock of performance and the team is failing at it. 3 teams got an F- on Nutrition, drat, Bears not doing great with a D+ either. At least they know where to improve on.

Kevin Warren about to be making a lot of smoothies

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

mastershakeman posted:

It's the required shot of malort with every meal that bring the score down.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

mastershakeman posted:

Now they gotta pay for their own carbo-loading meal at Maggiano's :argh:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
in a few of the lions videos where the players got food it did seem kind of lovely.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

It's the required shot of malort with every meal that bring the score down.

Malort is good

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

Yeah, it's a bad situation but the charges are not terrible from a legal standpoint. I'd say the bigger issue is if teams view his actions as someone they can't trust.

I think he'll be available at 4, but can also see him dropping a few more picks if there is a run on QBs.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Sad they don't have an easily copy/paste or downloadable format to get the grade summary into Excel, because sifting through the data different ways would be a pretty fun ("fun") fuckaround activity that looks like real work to a passerby. I'm not transcribing 256 data points for it, though.

Good news! I'm loving insane!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18hbG5xJCYi_QzkXjUbXxtOjI0qI_UtekmPITWMa-eOY/edit?usp=sharing

Confidence on some of these datas is not 100%, in particular the statements made in the report cards about rankings of confidence in ownership don't seem to add up right (not enough room in the top of the bracket). I also have VERY little experience with Google Sheets, so I can't tell you how to sift and group these datas with the tools available in it. But the datas are there!

I have a couple of notes on the far side, I forewent doing those for every team for the sake of time and sanity, but maybe I'll add more later?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksyeJF4-LVo

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Read the bad scores. It's crazy how many teams don't provide child care of any sort and also LOL at Arizona charging players for meals if they eat at the facility in the offseason.