Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

I don't understand why this isn't seen as a bigger deal? Modern society will never give up plastics willingly. I wish we would go back to using more natural materials like wood and paper for packing, and glass or metal for all food related item(s). Long after humanity is gone from the face of this Earth our plastic waste will stain it as a reminder of our hubris. I feel like with climate change and looming economic/social collapse it's nearly over for us, and worrying about yet another problem we have no way of fixing is even more of a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
We can barely figure out how to recycle glass, and then we don't.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hova bong is for two.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
nothing worries me anymore, I feel numb to everything

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
The finer it is the easier it is to snort.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
I worry about not getting enough.

Have you seen how good those plasticized Body Worlds bodies look?

This is that but for live people!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Microplastics give my cummies a nice texture like a really fine tapioca.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm only worried about someone finding out what I did someday, OP

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

no i'm actually planning on becoming 60% plastic, 30% metal, and only 10% meat in the future so i don't think it will affect me much

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm only worried about someone finding out what I did someday, OP

I know what you did. And you should be ashamed of yourself Harry.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
In the US you have more chance of being killed by someone with a micropenis

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Nothing I can do about it other than upset myself so no not really

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Here's a cool idea.

Try to get them out.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't even give a poo poo about MACRO plastics op

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Yes, the thought of microplastics circulating in my system and depositing itself to every organ within my body is unsettling, bit I'm not sure what I can do about it. Thanks, OP.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Maybe the Morgellons people aren't crazy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

central dogma posted:

Yes, the thought of microplastics circulating in my system and depositing itself to every organ within my body is unsettling, bit I'm not sure what I can do about it. Thanks, OP.

Just remove your organs problem solved you dummy

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Buy those things people put on the soles of their feet that "draw out the bodies toxins" and then put the discharge into a 3D printer and print a microplastic and eat it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m excuse me but my favorite president said that the United States has the cleanest air and the cleanest water that anyone has ever seen before so I’m not worried at all.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I'll accept the fallout

Microspastics.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing to us other than be in our bodies and be plastics. None of the commonly identified materials are chemically bioactive, nor are they, like, molecularly sharp and carving up our DNA, or whatever.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

ArcMage posted:

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing to us other than be in our bodies and be plastics. None of the commonly identified materials are chemically bioactive, nor are they, like, molecularly sharp and carving up our DNA, or whatever.

Its pretty simple, If I were you I would just look into it a bit more.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not really, op. you can do a lot with your fingers. a couple of people have been surprised, but it's never really gotten in the way of a healthy love life.

e: totally misread title

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
I don't know that there's much room in my stomach what with the nightly average of 1000-2000 spiders that crawl into my mouth while I am sleeping.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ArcMage posted:

Agreed Carbon is entirely natural, even and people bitch all the time about more of that getting into our bodies in various forms too like a bunch of morons. It's just friggin carbon. Like, you NEED carbon even. Replace even MORE of my body with carbon hell what's a couple lbs of microscopic plastic particles going to do

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
If Oompa Loompas were real we absolutely would have killed them all, hundreds of years ago.

One day we will do the same to microplastics.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

I don't know that there's much room in my stomach what with the nightly average of 1000-2000 spiders that crawl into my mouth while I am sleeping.

spiders georg is that you?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

It worries me more that some bacteria that feeds on plastic is going to emerge, freeing all the trapped carbon directly into the atmosphere and destroying all my things and also airplanes and stuff I like or need

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

It worries me more that some bacteria that feeds on plastic is going to emerge, freeing all the trapped carbon directly into the atmosphere and destroying all my things and also airplanes and stuff I like or need

Just wait until they eat all the microplastics you're now comprised 10-15% of

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

chaosbreather posted:

Big Beef City posted:

Just wait until they eat all the microplastics you're now comprised 10-15% of

The reverse Grey Goo.

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 11, 2022

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Yeah, I mean I've heard people say that microplastics contribute to obesity because something, something...something. I haven't looked into it and I don't readily buy it, but at the same time I worry that it's true.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Lol they're so tiny, how could they ever hurt me?

*a fit of shallow racking coughs with bloody sputum due to advanced silicosis renders me unconscious*

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What - me worry?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm worried about this but there's a lot of other things to worry about and my worry budget is already stretched pretty thin.

Modern society is bad imo.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

LargeHadron posted:

Yeah, I mean I've heard people say that microplastics contribute to obesity because something, something...something. I haven't looked into it and I don't readily buy it, but at the same time I worry that it's true.

this sounds like a great excuse for why i'm fat, thank you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

People always asking about Dippin Dots and whatever happened to Dippin Dots and why they ain't make no more god drat Dippin Dots well this is why people they formed them around microplastics thats how they got that ice cream to freeze to something and we were getting rid of those plastics by the bucket making those Dots and now they closed down Dippin Dots and the plastic going right into the Tuna for your family god dammit

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

People always asking about Dippin Dots and whatever happened to Dippin Dots and why they ain't make no more god drat Dippin Dots well this is why people they formed them around microplastics thats how they got that ice cream to freeze to something and we were getting rid of those plastics by the bucket making those Dots and now they closed down Dippin Dots and the plastic going right into the Tuna for your family god dammit

Microplastics = Good

Thanks

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Outrail posted:

I'm worried about this but there's a lot of other things to worry about and my worry budget is already stretched pretty thin.

Modern society is bad imo.
Same. Shits also everywhere and all up in me already, no point stressing about my horrible and probably embarrassing fate.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Worry? no. Sometimes the ongoing mass extinction saddens me, but mostly I've come to terms with it and have accepted that the most I can do is reduce my personal ecological footprint as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LargeHadron posted:

Maybe those fat people should stop eating so much microplastic then? I tell you, there’s just no accountability anymore.