Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

UnknownMercenary posted:

So that teacher with the prosthetic breasts was a right wing op. Not really surprised and also partly why I avoided any discussion about it because it seemed so obvious, but the mainstream media really ran with that poo poo.

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1581000538195636224

From what I'm seeing, that's not what happened, or at least not what's happening in the pictures in the tweet. It looks like a Rebel News "reporter" named David Menzies dressed similarly to the trans teacher and went to a school board meeting for trolling purposes.

https://www.outkick.com/mammary-menzoid-trolls-school-board-over-transgender-teacher-with-giant-chest/

The only other source the Serfs have is an anonymous tip from someone who claims to have been in the teacher's class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Florida has moved to ban any gender affirming care for minors including hormone blockers. This is not unique, but what is how mask off they were. They flew in the usual assholes who misrepresent detransitioners and then cut off the two hours of public comments to bar the majority of pro-affirming care speakers. And then said the quiet part loud.

They know they are killing children and they are fine with that. It's part of the plan.

quote:

Jude Spiegel, the only transgender person to testify at Friday’s meeting, read the names of 17 trans teens who died by suicide “over living in a world that refused to acknowledge or accept them.”

With about 45 minutes left in the public comment period, board member Dr. Zachariah P. Zachariah said only one more person would be allowed to testify. The crowd protested, and he offered to provide an email where they could share their testimonies.

At one point, an audience member yelled that trans youths would suffer if the board voted to bar care: “The blood is on your hands!” To which Zachariah responded, “That’s OK.”

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 30, 2022

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Who the hell names their kid Zachariah Zachariah? But also that's exactly the sort of name I'd expect someone pulling this poo poo to have.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does sound one step removed from calling them if-christ-had-not-died-for-the-thou-hadst-been-damned jones yeah.

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Florida has moved to ban any gender affirming care for minors including hormone blockers. This is not unique, but what is how mask off they were. They flew in the usual assholes who misrepresent detransitioners and then cut off the two hours of public comments to bar the majority of pro-affirming care speakers. And then said the quiet part loud.

They know they are killing children and they are fine with that. It's part of the plan.

drat sounds like these people want to find out.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

Dog King posted:

From what I'm seeing, that's not what happened, or at least not what's happening in the pictures in the tweet. It looks like a Rebel News "reporter" named David Menzies dressed similarly to the trans teacher and went to a school board meeting for trolling purposes.

https://www.outkick.com/mammary-menzoid-trolls-school-board-over-transgender-teacher-with-giant-chest/

The only other source the Serfs have is an anonymous tip from someone who claims to have been in the teacher's class.

Don't take the serfs at face value; he's proven himself to be woefully incompetent at understanding facts.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I know just up and moving isn't an option for everybody but Texas is preparing to do some horrible poo poo by attempting to make a government registry of all trans people in the state.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

I know just up and moving isn't an option for everybody but Texas is preparing to do some horrible poo poo by attempting to make a government registry of all trans people in the state.
My most optimistic hope with this is that it was just trying to set up some zero effort publicity stunts so that when a person on the list gets arrested for something they can feed it into the media and strengthen the echo chamber.

But honestly, it's ridiculous that that is considered both an optimistic take and honestly kind of a naive one.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Timeless Appeal posted:

My most optimistic hope with this is that it was just trying to set up some zero effort publicity stunts so that when a person on the list gets arrested for something they can feed it into the media and strengthen the echo chamber.

But honestly, it's ridiculous that that is considered both an optimistic take and honestly kind of a naive one.

This is the sort of thing that usually ends way, way worse than that. Even if the current intent is just a publicity stunt, and I doubt it is only that, sooner or later someone willing to go two or three steps further will end up in a position to use the list for what traditionally comes next.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

They don't need to do this for publicity stunts, they literally just make poo poo up all the time or just shine a spotlight on any LGBTQ+ person who happens to commit a crime.

They want this information because it will help them commit genocide.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
It's Texas, they're just going to leak the list and leave it to vigilantes.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Vote margins have been getting thinner in Texas so anyone they can force to leave the state is a bonus to them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So, in case anyone has not noticed what is happening in the hell country I live in, the Scottish Parliament has just voted through some legislation to make gender recognition a bit better for trans people, which is good.

Unfortunately, britain's chief export have been having a very normal time losing their loving minds over it, which has culminated in one of the GC types lifting her skirt and flashing what appears to be a pubic wig at the parliament and apparently at the gallery as well, including children present.

Which of course, she had to do, because she is very concerned about trans people being weird. Obviously the only response to this very legitimate concern is to expose yourself in public, because you are normal.

There are tweets with pictures which I don't really want to expose other people to but like, would you believe it's real otherwise?

:nws: https://twitter.com/semenespionage/status/1605983288946049024 :nws:

These people are utterly deranged.

On the "plus" side I can only hope this gets thrown up every time they come out with their poo poo about how LGBTQ people are sex criminals.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 22, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OwlFancier posted:

So, in case anyone has not noticed what is happening in the hell country I live in, the Scottish Parliament has just voted through some legislation to make gender recognition a bit better for trans people, which is good.

Unfortunately, britain's chief export have been having a very normal time losing their loving minds over it, which has culminated in one of the GC types lifting her skirt and flashing what appears to be a pubic wig at the parliament and apparently at the gallery as well, including children present.

Which of course, she had to do, because she is very concerned about trans people being weird. Obviously the only response to this very legitimate concern is to expose yourself in public, because you are normal.

Good lord...

I feel like a lot of this poo poo is borne of people following a ridiculous axiom to its absurd conclusion and never once stopping to think if, perhaps, it's a stupid axiom that makes no sense. Like, take the supposed risk of sex assault and "competitive fairness" in school sport. You end up, in essence, with someone saying "look, there's a lot of weirdos out there... that's why we'll be making sure that adults can arbitrarily inspect a girl's genitals! Not just anyone, of course; that would be mad. No, we have a designated genital inspector!" and never stopping to think that maybe saying such a completely absurd and disgusting thing is evidence, in and of itself, that you've made your decision based on abhorrent and stupid assumptions.

Likewise, I think if you reach the point you're compelled to flash a merkin at parliament, you have to consider that maybe there's something quite wrong with you and the thought process that led you to this point.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
TERF shenanigans and rhetoric on these bills are insane considering US states and cities that have adopted similar policies with no issue.

Congratulations to Spain and Scotland though.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
It really was just taken as a proxy for everything to do with trans people.

The shitshow of the scottish gender recognition reform is probably fairly instructive, as a general lesson in how capitulation from liberals can gently caress up legislation. The SNP, the slightly wishy-washy liberal governing party who still wants to seem progressive had passed gay marriage and seems to have viewed a slight change in gender change admin to have been an easy win to get some quick progressivism points. They do not seem to have been prepared at all for the TERFs and other assorted bigots to have seen it as the next battleground in the culture war and come in all guns blazing.

Trying to square the circle of pleasing everyone, the SNP took the TERF's demand for debate and for their reasonable concerns to be heard at face value, they put through a bunch of consultations and watered down their proposals in the name of reasonable compromise (the original draft had non-binary recognition!), despite trans people repeatedly telling them from our own experience how likely it was that the transphobes would accept any compromise at all. Time drew out and the public debate became more and more toxic with very little done by most of the SNP to stand up for trans rights beyond a few mild statements and insistences that they were listening to the concerns of both sides et cetera. Multiple elected members of the SNP spew transphobia online with the leader doing nothing beyond one mildly reproachful video tweet saying being respectful is good.

The terfs claim they represent a groundswell of public opinion, but when the SNP leader's predecessor starts his own party and makes abandoning trans rights a central policy plank the new Alba Party still fails massively. The election results in a sort-of-coalition between the SNP and the actually decent Scottish Greens, and gender recognition actually goes ahead after 5+ years of media nonsense, despite the Conservative party doing everything they can to bog the bill down in procedure. The bill passes the parliament by 69% (nice) but is still called controversial by the media because the media have been stoking the controversy. We see the face of the reasonable concerns and it is flashing a pubic wig to the gallery.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 23, 2022

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What point was being made by flashing the wig

Was it like "this is what trans people will do if this bill passes, what perverts they are"

Or was it like "if people can use whatever pronouns they want, we'll have to show each other our genitals to know who's a man and who's a woman, heed my warning"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
she was shouting something like "if you won't be decent, neither will I!"

they very much want to be the suffragettes, so I guess being rowdy and Shocking is part of it. and they've spent so long in their own echo chamber they don't realise how silly they look to the wider public, who does not in fact spend as much time as they do getting angry about trans people

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I was thinking earlier today that it has perhaps a warped image of the suffragettes or the bra burning type of "gently caress the system" feminism but unfortunately the issue they have apparently chosen to go all out on is entirely made up and they are just sitting in a circle huffing each other's farts until the air is 50% poo poo.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Yeah if called out on it they will immediately invoke the Suffragettes and claim that they can't "protect women" without smashing some mailboxes or whatever.

I actually saw one exchange where someone said "I heard some perverted trans activist flashed parliament, how gross" and another terf replied "she's on our side actually, we're very proud of her!"

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The thing is that empathy is a really powerful force. That is why you will find people who were suspicious of trans people, but change once they have a trans kid. I have found more people in the real world who choose decency and kindness when faced with actual trans people and not just the abstract idea of them.

So you have to reframe the story that it’s the trans people who are in power and there is this other group being attacked. There really isn’t much a difference at all between JK Rowling and Matt Walsh. They’re both just bigots trying to paint themselves as heroes.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
TERFs on twitter are saying it's not a sex crime because it was only a merkin, and I'm pretty sure that defence won't hold up in court.

It's still armed robbery if the gun is fake, after all.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really hope she gets booked for it. Pretty sure if I flashed people with a rubber cock it would still be loving weird and should still be a crime if we're going to have crimes.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I can't wait for the court case where she tries the "it was fake pubic hair" defence and the magistrate/jury (public indecency is triable either way) tell her "lol no you're still a sex criminal".

The best part about common law is that it doesn't really lend itself well to loopholes.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I just get so frustrated with people and singular they. Oh my God Bob, yesterday you literally used they when referring only to Jim, you can’t tell me that you believe that they is only used as a plural after that. They has been used as a singular pronoun for literal centuries! Forget getting with the times, get with great great great grandpa’s times! Something is wrong when late Victorians were more progressive than you.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Yesterday was a very bad day for British trans people. The courts basically gave the NHS permission to continue to fail to give prompt care and a law that would have allowed Scottish trans people to more easily socially transition was overridden by the PM in a constitutional first.

I highly recommend this video from Philosophy Tube on how hosed trans care is at the moment. As an American, my care is very dependent on grants, lawsuits, and the kindness of my doctors’ hearts. So I’m not one to criticize and this year is going to be a hard one for us. But as an adult I was able to get my prescription after one visit to planned parenthood and my rural south pharmacy worked their asses off to make sure I got my meds on time and taught me how to do my injections properly. The British system is a nightmare that people are actually working against fixing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Same day in the US:

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1615484705092272137

quote:

The bill modifies 61-8A-1 (Definitions of Obscene Matter To Minors) and directly includes “transvestite or transgender exposure, performance, or display” as obscene matter. Section 61-8A-2 then defines the penalties for exposing minors to “obscene matter” (“transgender exposure” included in this new bill):

What does this mean for transgender teachers? Transgender parents? Earlier in the same bill, they ban “obscene matter” within 2,500 feet of any school - this would in effect treat all transgender people like sex offenders when it comes to schools. Are teachers going to be fired because they are giving minors “transgender exposure?” Are plays with transgender people in them going to be cancelled? Are parents walking their children to school going to be targeted?

Full text of the bill in question: http://www.wvlegislature.gov/Bill_Text_HTML/2023_SESSIONS/RS/bills/sb252%20intr.pdf

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
On the bright side, even with our current hosed-apart courts, that is unenforceable.

edit: vvvv yeah :(

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 18, 2023

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

cat botherer posted:

On the bright side, even with our current hosed-apart courts, that is unenforceable.

The goal is fear and hesitation, it doesn't need to be technically enforceable.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jaxyon posted:

The goal is fear and hesitation, it doesn't need to be technically enforceable.

Exactly. It's a parallel of the unenforceable/unconstitutional abortion restrictions; the point is to make a thing seem too risky and if someone actually moxies up and challenges in court, just pass similar legislation again once the original is struck down.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
You can't beat the ride, as they say

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Hey, resurrecting this thread because we're potentially running into a firestorm in the States...

A Missouri case manager for Washington University complained about their gender clinic and it's leading to actual investigations with Hawley trying to get federal involvement. I'm linking the Fox News article because a lot of non insane media seems to be waiting on this on, and they actually give a more direct and accurate representation of the whistleblower's words than some other sources. The Fox article has clear bias, but the BS is easier to penetrate.

Here is her actual post.

Despite the woman in question presenting herself as a Leftist and trans ally, her original post includes a blatant untruths like the idea that there is no evidence that there are positive impacts from medicalized transitions and supports this claim with a random substack, makes odd comments about side effects, presents an ableist view on autism, essentially just nudges towards social contagion, misgenders patients throughout, belittles top surgery in general, weirdly mentions a patient being Black, and she completely misrepresents the Tavistock's gender clinic and implies that the NHS's current system is essentially ideal. She also went directly to the Missouri Attorney General instead of through a medical institution.

Anyhoo, it seems all really questionable to me, but if you're seeing people talking about a smoking gun regarding transcare, here you go.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i checked the site's home page to get a vibe check on its slant and one of its headline contributors is loving bari weiss lmao

what a rag

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

EightFlyingCars posted:

i checked the site's home page to get a vibe check on its slant and one of its headline contributors is loving bari weiss lmao

what a rag
It’s actually Weiss’s baby. She founded and edits it. Abigail Shrier has contributed to it.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ahahahahaha, Jesus christ.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...0512e3f423&ei=8

AFlorida Republican introduced a bill that would make it easier for religious people to sue those who call them out as homophobic or transphobic, a bill built on a suggestion from Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

The bill's author made sure everyone understood that it's not just about journalists, it's about everyone, even on social media.

State Rep. Alex Andrade (R) filed H.B. 991 on Tuesday. The bill would make it easier to sue journalists, publications, or social media users for defamation if they accuse someone of racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia. The bill specifically says that publications can’t use truth as a defense when it comes to reporting on people’s anti-LGBTQ+ sentiments by citing the person’s “constitutionally protected religious expression or beliefs” or “a plaintiff’s scientific beliefs.”

---

The bill makes several changes to how defamation lawsuits work to make it easier for someone to win a lawsuit if they are accused of discriminatory statements or actions. Under current law, someone suing for defamation has to prove that the defamation hurt their reputation, but H.B. 991 would make it so that statements “that the plaintiff has discriminated against another person or group because of their race, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity constitutes defamation per se.”

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 25, 2023

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

killer_robot posted:

Ahahahahaha, Jesus christ.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...0512e3f423&ei=8

AFlorida Republican introduced a bill that would make it easier for religious people to sue those who call them out as homophobic or transphobic, a bill built on a suggestion from Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

The bill's author made sure everyone understood that it's not just about journalists, it's about everyone, even on social media.

State Rep. Alex Andrade (R) filed H.B. 991 on Tuesday. The bill would make it easier to sue journalists, publications, or social media users for defamation if they accuse someone of racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia. The bill specifically says that publications can’t use truth as a defense when it comes to reporting on people’s anti-LGBTQ+ sentiments by citing the person’s “constitutionally protected religious expression or beliefs” or “a plaintiff’s scientific beliefs.”

---

The bill makes several changes to how defamation lawsuits work to make it easier for someone to win a lawsuit if they are accused of discriminatory statements or actions. Under current law, someone suing for defamation has to prove that the defamation hurt their reputation, but H.B. 991 would make it so that statements “that the plaintiff has discriminated against another person or group because of their race, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity constitutes defamation per se.”

If the bill actually made it sounds like it would be easy to lock up Republicans in endless lawsuits.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Happy International Asexuality Day to all fellow ace goons! Hopefully this year will FINALLY bring us some good aroace representation together with season 2 of Heartstopper - Alice Oseman (herself aromantic and asexual) confirmed that there's going to be major ace character (probably Isaac).

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Hi fellow rainbow goons :) This thread was a little buried but hopefully it'll come back to life.

My almost-ten year old AFAB kid has told me she feels like she's not a boy or a girl and wants to be nonbinary. I don't know a lot about what this means for her, so I'd like to share some resources with her. Does anyone have any age appropriate links they can share that we can look at together? Or maybe books they thought were useful? Or even advice on where we go from here? Thanks in advance :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

bee posted:

Hi fellow rainbow goons :) This thread was a little buried but hopefully it'll come back to life.

My almost-ten year old AFAB kid has told me she feels like she's not a boy or a girl and wants to be nonbinary. I don't know a lot about what this means for her, so I'd like to share some resources with her. Does anyone have any age appropriate links they can share that we can look at together? Or maybe books they thought were useful? Or even advice on where we go from here? Thanks in advance :)

May I recommend the GBS thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4033752&pagenumber=46#lastpost

(it's good, I swear, and pretty active)