Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

idk this story has that fishy tabloid smell of context being omitted or fabricated. i don't discount it entirely or think trans people are incapable of doing something incredibly silly like this but it feels like a piece is missing.

:tenbux: says that it's a right winger who is using this to play into the "Trans people are harming your kids" narrative.

-The only videos are all sourced back to two accounts - the King Royce one, and then a youtuber with like 5k subscribers who runs a "news" station that is just right wing propaganda who did the pool video.
-The "interview" with Margo Shuttleworth was only run by the Toronto Sun and the Toronto Sun is just, well, an absolute pinnacle of factual reporting, innit?
-this is the only "interview" where the school says anything outright supportive of the teacher in question.
-The only other interview with a member of the school board was where the aforementioned youtuber ambushed Ennis and then there are a million jump cuts in the video - he's clearly omitting context, and badly.
-Shuttleworth and Ennis are both up for reelection. they are also very pro racial inclusion. They are very pro LGBT. They are very progressive.
-Right wing media has already named Hanna wrongly - who is also a progressive school board member.

Everything about this stinks to high heaven. This is something that is so clearly putting the school board into a "heads i win tails you lose" situation. The school board fires them, the opponents go "this person is a LIAR when they say they support your LGBT kids, they fired a teacher for simply expressing their gender, so they are clearly hypocrites when they say they support inclusion." if the school board is supportive it becomes "these people support this grotesque chariacture the proves it's a fetish"

I have no doubt that it is a teacher who is doing this as a political stunt to discredit the school board he disagrees with.

e: not even 12 hours after posting this anons on 4chan are confirming my tinhat theory is right. he's an MRA "based and redpilled" type, who is doing this because hes been reprimanded multiple times for enforcing "toxic masculinity" in the classroom. He has it out for the school board and got a few conservative pundits on board with him to make the school board look bad. The Shuttleworth interview may well have been her trying to get back at him by saying hes been a woman for years.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU