Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Anyone, at any age, should be able to choose their own hormone profile. The medical control should be informed consent. This is not something that is appropriately controlled by having a set of particular disorders with particular prescriptive therapies, though that is the current (bad; failing) standard of care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
local woman has mental health crisis, makes a very bad decision, hits the news feels like a complete story to me. it's just a sad one

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I wish all involved would perceive that trans peoples' sporting category is going to be a case by case basis for the foreseeable future.

I am a beginning kendo player who transitioned well after puberty. I have a longer reach than almost all cis women. My endurance sucks but that's due to being out of shape. I use a men's weight sword and if I ever compete for kicks, I will be in the men's division. It is an obvious choice and there are far more important hills to die on, like making sure I have a place to change while respecting the modesty of all involved.

I am sure a pre-puberty or early-puberty transitioning trans woman will eventually fit very neatly into the women's division. Me not pitching a fit about the facts of my case, helps their case when it comes up.