Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I've always interpreted sapio stuff as rejecting the societal focus on 'beauty'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I agree but I think posters have done well in expressing how this is a general area of commonality in rejecting the bullshit "baby chiefs first game theory" social and sexual standards imposed by white supremacist patriarchy.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 18, 2022

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PT6A posted:

Also: if you want to be a part of the club, but you don't really fit in properly, there's a great role for you: ally!

I totally understand why people want to be part of the LGBTQIA2S+ community, it's full of really accepting and cool people, and that's enticing if you sometimes have a hard time fitting in elsewhere. I just don't think you have to invent a label for yourself to do that. Either that or I've been sapiosexual all along because, yeah, no poo poo I'm attracted to smart people instead of dumbasses. Is that not... normal?

I invite you to behold the wonders of the sharing reddit stories in the thread:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535

"Normal" people are loving ridiculous, our culture is a mess.

I added quotes to make the context work better because I was deliberately invoking your usage of the word and noting the fact that many people are regularly attracted to absolute dumbasses. But also I don't believe normalcy is real, but also I could see how you might think I'm invoking Bureau of Normalcy vibes.

Edit- Is this a bit? You say normal and then i say normal and you shout "gotcha!"?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 19, 2022

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
You can't beat the ride, as they say