Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
Florida's setting the first steps in pulling a Texas and going after doctors and parents:

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1516773653391806464

For further sources, here's the memo that's being passed around off the Florida Department of Health itself.

Some disgusting poo poo in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

forbidden dialectics posted:

Given the recent discourse surrounding Madison Cawthorn; specifically, the photos of him wearing "women's lingerie", I'm curious where the winds are blowing with respect to crossdressing from a trans and/or queer perspective. For the record, I don't think Madison Cawthorn is a crossdresser, and if I were to guess, he probably views the "controversial" photo as part of an ironic joke at the expense of queer people in general.

Specifically, where does crossdressing fit with regards to trans identity, or queerness in general?

There's a term called "gender nonconforming" or GNC that I think would be really helpful down this line. As someone who crossdresses themselves, stopping at "kink or hobby" seems a bit too early while going to "somewhere in the space of being trans" seems like stepping into a region that's not really me. That's definitely not to undersell the kink aspect of things, because there's a validity there, but it goes deeper than that? I feel like GNC as an identity term is helpful down that front as a way to sorta provide a fourth option there. I'm not going to claim that wanting to wear dresses is my gender identity, but it's a part of me and my queerness, y'know? Separate category. This is, of course, sorta focused down on my experience and isn't trying to be a singular statement on things, just a personal sorta lens on this stuff.