Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

In the past few days, I have gotten Texts from random numbers with "clickbait" type bullshit for that Dr. Oz rear end in a top hat, including one that made it sound like he had died.

Got me excited for a minute.

Here are some of the texts.

Any one else getting these? Also, I'm in Texas, and I don't think I can vote for him, so what the gently caress. ALSOOOOOOO, my name isn't even Jim, or even close to Jim. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
No, I haven't gotten any but I hope John Fetterman wins the election and then he eats Dr Oz and spits out pieces of him all over the GOP

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
did he really expose his big pharma on tv?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
he should be in jail. I'm all for a little bawdiness but there could have been kids watching

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Hey this is James calling you back!!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Oh wow. I hadn't heard he died.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Oh wow. I hadn't heard he died.

Buddy, have I got some bad news for you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

No, I haven't gotten any but I hope John Fetterman wins the election and then he eats Dr Oz and spits out pieces of him all over the GOP

Oh yeah. I wanna see Fetterman go full Acosta and rip Oz in half and slurp his entrails like spaghetti.

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here

Imagine being the sender and being dumb enough to get infected by Dr. Oz clickbait to begin with. Embarrassing.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So is he dead or what, OP?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For a real good time dial 00 000-000-0000. :haibrower:

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here
I need to know what he exposed about Big Pharma in front of six million, four hundred and thirty eight thousand, six hundred and eighty seven people.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Brother Tadger posted:

So is he dead or what, OP?

OP here, letting you know is in fact, at this time, NOT dead.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The Bananana posted:

OP here, letting you know is in fact, at this time, NOT dead.

drat

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

that was the guy in the movie with the horny robot and the handsome farmer

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've been getting a bunch of these group spam texts, like an unusually high number within the past week or so, and i like to spread a little joy

(also lol that the spam link in this one goes to "ulcerkettle.com")

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jim,

the 1st amendment
Mar 10, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lovely to be reminded of our hell society with one of the day's few precious threads

the 1st amendment
Mar 10, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post your funniest spam texts

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I got one of the fake bill paid group texts but not the Dr Oz texts

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the 1st amendment posted:

post your funniest spam texts

no, the funniest ones i'm taking to the grave

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

i've been getting a bunch of these group spam texts, like an unusually high number within the past week or so, and i like to spread a little joy

You're doing God's work.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Think I might try that tbh

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ngl, it's deffo protier

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

You are a saint.

It is, IMO, easy to hate the spammers, but I doubt anyone falls into that line of work if they are doing particularly well in life. You are showing them that there is a better way.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

:master:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Are you sure your name isn't Jim though? things change fast in today's world.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just received a message that I'll translate for the benefit of this thread:

quote:

💓The Rabbi Milubavitch asks of you
A gift for his birthday: a minute of Tora🎁
Please SMS: Yes!
Don't bother looking up who this rabbi was 'cause it's boring.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I got a bunch last week posing as various feedback surveys. I guess if you want to add to the torment of the people on your group spam then posting piggy poop balls is funny, but you’re signaling to the spambot that you’re a live number and should get more.

How is this just a fact of life now? Why can’t we track down the people responsible for these and do a pay per view execution?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

By popular demand posted:

his friend the Rabbi Miluvabitch, on the other hand, is very exciting

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's pretty hosed up dawg

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

How is this just a fact of life now? Why can’t we track down the people responsible for these and do a pay per view execution?

This goon gets it.

Remember that time we came together as a community to buy a boat? Or to help a young entrepreneur finance his dream restaurant? Maybe we could do so again, but with the goal this time of tracking down whoever is sending these spam texts.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

By popular demand posted:

quote:

💓The Rabbi Milubavitch asks of you
A gift for his birthday: a minute of Tora🎁
Please SMS: Yes!

If he's spamming you, more like Rabbi Sonofabitch!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
tbf I address most sentient war bananas as "jim"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I've been getting texts for both the MyPillow guy's insane news website and his MyPillows

I do not know how I got on this list

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Jim, droz is dead

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Luvcow posted:

tbf I address most sentient war bananas as "jim"

Reported for racism.
:catstare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

imagine having sex with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The wizard of oz exposes himself on air. Pay no attention to the junk behind the curtain. Readers Digest farts out another glowing puff piece about his one man quest to fill the worlds landfills with garcinia cambogia.