Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
Seems like for a while there we had pretty big ones quite often. Now the last one I can remember being a big news story was the high school with that david hogg character, and that was like 5 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
There was one in Sacramento like last week

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Just part of the daily normal in the U.S. now so not worth reporting.

And they'll never end because, "You ain't taken err guns. Over mah dead body. Ah needs mah easily buyable rapidfire semi automatic with huge ammunition stash so ah can shoot the school shooter with the easily buyable rapidfire semi-automatic and huge ammunition stash. If ahm there at the time, and not the school shooter mahself."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is that what the school shooters sound like

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Kids were forced to do school from home so there have only been home shootings.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Pew

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
MILLENNIALS are KILLING the mass shooting industry! Or aren't...?

The bad one.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

we had a school shooting in scotland in the 90s. so we banned handguns. seems to have worked.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mass shootings got old OP. Ratings slumped, media stopped covering it.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

obama stole all the bullets

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
We’re all done with that stuff and America is good now, the best it’s ever been really. Everything is just A-OK, getting better every day. A real utopia honestly, I can’t think of a single problem.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I got bored of doing them

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
there wsa that kid whose parents bullied him into shooting the school and then spent all the lawyer money on themselves.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

according to the gun violence archive, there's more of them than ever, it just doesn't do ratings like it used to

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I thought Biden stopped that sorta thing?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it's the new normal now lol

but covid is over because those darn masks!!

just gotta wait on the next mass casualty event

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

*sitting at a restaurant with an old friend you haven’t seen in awhile when a mass shooting occurs in the restaurant*

Friend: “What the hell is that?!”
You: “Eh, just another mass shooting. Whatevs. Ooh, let’s order appetizers!”

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

We are all victims of mass shootings and we just don’t realize we’re dead yet.

Ghost posting ITT :ghost:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BigBadSteve posted:

Just part of the daily normal in the U.S. now so not worth reporting.

And they'll never end because, "You ain't taken err guns. Over mah dead body. Ah needs mah easily buyable rapidfire semi automatic with huge ammunition stash in case the darkies get uppity."

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
QAnon has your back, don't worry, just stay tuned

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
They still happen but nobody even bothers clicking news links about it any more. It's basically white noise.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Literally a mass shooting that’s taken place in the last few minutes.

https://twitter.com/tstrahan4ny/status/1513868072507088901?s=21&t=D4sP_iGW70GrsYvF1h14Ag

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
See what you've done op?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

another mystery solved by...

the Goons :cool:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

we had a school shooting in scotland in the 90s. so we banned handguns. seems to have worked.

OK but how do you protect yourselves at the supermarket???

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

with brutal hand to hand combat the way god intended

btw the 2nd pic is the best lol. just casually doing some shopping with this gun that's bigger than my child strapped to my back

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ellasmith posted:

Seems like for a while there we had pretty big ones quite often. Now the last one I can remember being a big news story was the high school with that david hogg character, and that was like 5 years ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/nyregion/brooklyn-subway-shooting.html

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lmao at how easy it would be to grab the long guns and just start blasting

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
wasnt there one with machine guns that happened a week or two back

im imagining big terminator style ones

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

"I'm a gigantic piss-baby who wants a glaring red flag to warn others to not gently caress with me but I will eagerly use it to shoot people who are minding their own business if they do something that triggers me like two men holding hands"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Here you go, OP

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61082792

"At least 13 people have been shot in an incident during morning rush hour at a New York subway station.

According to local media, shots were fired at the 36th Street station in Sunset Park around 0830 local time (1330 GMT) on Tuesday morning.

Photos from the scene show bloodied passengers lying on the station floor. Undetonated explosive devices were also found on the scene.

Officials have warned residents to avoid the area and expect delays.

At least four train lines are also said to be delayed in both directions."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I love guns, but hate gun owners. TFR PA peeps excluded as they’re normal and very not awful. That said it’s a well repeated line among us.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

remember when that guy shot over 400 people in las vegas for absolutely no reason and had like 30 rifles in his hotel room and he shot himself afterward and then the cops and feds were just like "yeah man i dunno" and then you didn't hear about it anymore

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mass shootings are like Covid - they're still around, but we've collectively decided not to care about them.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lmao at how easy it would be to grab the long guns and just start blasting

I think if you want to kill people, it would probably be a lot easier to just buy a gun than risk trying to wrestle one from someone open-carrying.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
mass shootings are illegal

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Way to go OP

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

Mass shootings are like Covid - they're still around, but we've collectively decided not to care about them.

The truth is most recent mass shootings were committed by MAGA types and the media won't report on them because the media is run by red pill types who actually want the MAGAs to overthrow the government so they can start enslaving women and exterminate everyone else.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
What happened to my sex life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Schir posted:

according to the gun violence archive, there's more of them than ever, it just doesn't do ratings like it used to
2021 had 693 mass shootings?!? Wtf? :psyduck: