Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

kntfkr posted:

mass shootings are illegal

wow THANKS BIDEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poil posted:

2021 had 693 mass shootings?!? Wtf? :psyduck:

Doesn’t that thing have a weird definition for what a mass shooting is?

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
Indiana just signed a bill and starting July 1st, adults are no longer required to have a permit to carry. Cool stuff.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Yaldabaoth posted:

The truth is most recent mass shootings were committed by MAGA types and the media won't report on them because the media is run by red pill types who actually want the MAGAs to overthrow the government so they can start enslaving women and exterminate everyone else.

tell us more about your obsessions

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

LordArgh posted:

tell us more about your obsessions

Titan of media spotted

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Busted Pisser posted:

Indiana just signed a bill and starting July 1st, adults are no longer required to have a permit to carry. Cool stuff.

Every red state is doing this to make sure all the feral hogs are armed for the civil war that they so desperately want.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Yaldabaoth posted:

The truth is most recent mass shootings were committed by MAGA types and the media won't report on them because the media is run by red pill types who actually want the MAGAs to overthrow the government so they can start enslaving women and exterminate everyone else.

Yeah this, they love money so trump and violence is the best outcome.

Plus, most law enforcement and federal agencies are ran by MAGA types, so while we peons might notice the coinkydink that MAGA/QAnon/conservatives are murdering people every day, there's no big broad response.

Like, literally literally, they invaded the capital, they tried to overthrow the government, tried to murder the vice president, tried to bomb the new vice president. And the response is basically nil. The politicians and public/media figures that aided and fostered it haven't been punished, they've been rewarded.

End times poo poo.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

there was one today on the new york subway

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Doesn’t that thing have a weird definition for what a mass shooting is?

Not that weird!

quote:

GVA uses a purely statistical threshold to define mass shooting based ONLY on the numeric value of 4 or more shot or killed, not including the shooter. GVA does not parse the definition to remove any subcategory of shooting. To that end we don’t exclude, set apart, caveat, or differentiate victims based upon the circumstances in which they were shot.

A Mass Murder is 4 or more shot AND killed.

According to their front page there have been 131 mass shootings and 5 mass murders in 2022 so far. I don't think any of those 5 made big international news, at least not enough to really register with me anyways, so the idea that people are numb to US mass murders seems legit to me.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

jesus loving christ

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
After Port Arthur we haven't really had any. We've had shootings but not really "mass" but more "American kerfuffle". I think 2019 four people got killed and that was loving immense. Wild poo poo.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My brother-in-law owns a deli in the middle of nowhere and open carries a pistol at the deli counter. Imagine getting a half pound of swiss cheese from a guy who looks like he's ready for the OK Corral.

It's hilarious but I'm also waiting for the day I see him make the news because, go figure, he's also insanely paranoid and super racist.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A Fancy Hat posted:

My brother-in-law owns a deli in the middle of nowhere and open carries a pistol at the deli counter. Imagine getting a half pound of swiss cheese from a guy who looks like he's ready for the OK Corral.

It's hilarious but I'm also waiting for the day I see him make the news because, go figure, he's also insanely paranoid and super racist.

He uses the gun to make the holes in the Swiss doesn’t he?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

He uses the gun to make the holes in the Swiss doesn’t he?

At least that would mean he's using it for something beneficial.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syntaxfunction posted:

After Port Arthur we haven't really had any. We've had shootings but not really "mass" but more "American kerfuffle". I think 2019 four people got killed and that was loving immense. Wild poo poo.

Yeah, but you still live in Australia, nature probably kills more people then anything else there. :v:

Gerblyn posted:

Not that weird!

According to their front page there have been 131 mass shootings and 5 mass murders in 2022 so far. I don't think any of those 5 made big international news, at least not enough to really register with me anyways, so the idea that people are numb to US mass murders seems legit to me.
Ah I think I may be confusing it with something done via Reddit or a really weird definition that was used for school shootings.

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Every red state is doing this to make sure all the feral hogs are armed for the civil war that they so desperately want.

30-50 armed feral hogs in my vagina?

Myriarch
May 14, 2013
Sounds like one just happened in Brooklyn

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Gerblyn posted:

I don't know what people are so excited about. There's only been 5 mass murders so far.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Once covid and russia aren’t pulling in the views/clicks we will probably hear about mass shootings again.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Myriarch posted:

Sounds like one just happened in Brooklyn

I guess it is Tuesday.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

America: 1 days since the last mass shooting.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

big trivia FAIL posted:

remember when that guy shot over 400 people in las vegas for absolutely no reason and had like 30 rifles in his hotel room and he shot himself afterward and then the cops and feds were just like "yeah man i dunno" and then you didn't hear about it anymore

his reason was he was trying to shoot up the bus/plane that shuttles area 51 employees/contractors to the base

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Why would the media go back to covering gun violence for clicks when they can get more than ever from biden making GBS threads himself/trump saying something and then making GBS threads himself/covid's 1,000,000+ dead American tally/russia bombing more civilians etc

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we stopped covering them after that one shooter yelled "subscribe to pewdiepie" while he was mowing down 50 people in a new zealand mosque, because pewdiepie finally got enough subscribers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The only guns we should be shooting are our thick veiny love guns

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
[drops a smoke bomb in a subway car and starts shooting people]

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Neo Rasa posted:

The shooters’ skin tone hasn’t been revealed yet.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the subway shooting was actually an art installation sponsored by moma

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

theres an rear end pooting everyday at my place. i think i have a butt disease. lame stream media refuses to report the truth! can someone recommend me some medicine?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The shooters’ skin tone hasn’t been revealed yet.

That ain't stopping racists from jumping to conclusions.

Keeblamos
Jan 28, 2007
My favorite school shooting was the breakfast club. Very well shot movie. Such a classic

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

the non terrifying kind of mass shooting

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Busted Pisser posted:

This was cool, even the police union was against it but we had state reps making statements like "well when I was a kid I wanted to be a cop and I believe if I had become one I'd be in favor of this bill".

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ellasmith posted:

Seems like for a while there we had pretty big ones quite often. Now the last one I can remember being a big news story was the high school with that david hogg character, and that was like 5 years ago.

Brooklyn, today, dumbass.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

in quiet moments, op's thoughts drift back to teenage hogg

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Neo Rasa posted:

apperently the cops hosed up and didnt shut the trains down so the shooter escaped for now. thankfully no one is dead yet.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

We’re all done with that stuff and America is good now, the best it’s ever been really. Everything is just A-OK, getting better every day. A real utopia honestly, I can’t think of a single problem.

https://youtu.be/ZGu4jIu0zvg

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Schir posted:

according to the gun violence archive, there's more of them than ever, it just doesn't do ratings like it used to

Yeah, but this ruins chud OP's narrative.

Also, great timing OP. Real alpha brain.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/12/nyregion/brooklyn-subway-shooting

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
OP is the shooter right? He was annoyed there weren't anymore so he made one himself. Plus that area is a lot of lower income and Hispanic people, just the kind of people a CHUD would want to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

in quiet moments, op's thoughts drift back to teenage hogg