Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.
What are you talking about, any Republican off the street will tell you those are country-loving patriots. The absolute best of us. :amen:

e: aw gently caress garbage snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Americans are trash people, and the world is laughing at you. Next question?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Americans are trash people, and the world is laughing at you. Next question?
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Jelly posted:

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

I always swallow whole

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.

more like SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

but nah, it's loving gross.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

OK but how do you protect yourselves at the supermarket???
https://twitter.com/pjayevans/status/1513617478772953090?s=20&t

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.

This sounds like someone who never watched the classic 1986 film Cobra.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

This sounds like someone who never watched the classic 1986 film Cobra.

:golfclap:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

People need to stop getting mad at algorithms doing exactly what they are designed to do right after an event takes place.

Now, if they don't refund the difference, that's lovely.
Refunding the difference is an okay way to handle it, but as someone who does work with algorithms, lol that you think they are some holy force of nature.

Uber could suppress or subsidize surge pricing when a public safety crisis is detected. Heck, they could train a model to detect such a crisis if they so wished.

They already have some version of such levers in place; it’s just about whether they want to deploy them.

Vic Rattlehead
Mar 13, 2002

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.

People have been getting extreme the last few years. It went from "we want our guns!" to "we want to carry our guns!", it went from people needing a "class" to carry one, to some states allowing it without even having a license or record of carrying it. Some guy shoots up a kindergarten and kills a bunch of kids and you get a vocal minority that say its not real and move on as so.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.

I spent the last few days in American airports. The primary thought occupying my mind was "This is such an undignified situation... but these are such an undignified people."

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It's not our fault that we are in the belly of this terrible machine and the machine is bleeding to death.

Speaking of American airports. O'hare International might rival Disney World for the fattest place in the world.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Vegetable posted:

Refunding the difference is an okay way to handle it, but as someone who does work with algorithms, lol that you think they are some holy force of nature.

Uber could suppress or subsidize surge pricing when a public safety crisis is detected. Heck, they could train a model to detect such a crisis if they so wished.

They already have some version of such levers in place; it’s just about whether they want to deploy them.

I just assumed most of the screen shots of this were from mins after it happened and therefore the levers had no chance to be pulled yet. I think this happened at 830 and I didn't hear about it until after 10.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.

Im going to become rich and when i get paid im going to buy a gun and
get cameras outside my house
(actually 5-10 guns because once you pop you cant stop)
hand on my waist when I go to the supermarket
literally invulnerable

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Mister Speaker posted:

Your country is sick.

It's not really one country. The process of forming political institutions that recognize and implement that reality will take the next 10-30 years

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

kntfkr posted:

It's not our fault that we are in the belly of this terrible machine and the machine is bleeding to death.

*Narrator’s voice* lt actually is our fault

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Animal-Mother posted:

I spent the last few days in American airports. The primary thought occupying my mind was "This is such an undignified situation... but these are such an undignified people."

It’s hilarious that these users from western europe or new zealand or canada or whatever don’t realize they would be thinking the same thing in africa or brazil or anywhere else less advantaged than they are

ooh, you’re classist, how enlightened

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I took it more as a scathing commentary on American culture and society. America is loving disgusting.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

No. 6 posted:

I took it more as a scathing commentary on American culture and society. America is loving disgusting.

It is, but I’m allowed to say it because I live here and I have literally no choice but to survive in it. I don’t have the option to jet off to london or whatever the gently caress and sneer at my inferiors.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

ellasmith posted:

It’s hilarious that these users from western europe or new zealand or canada or whatever don’t realize they would be thinking the same thing in africa or brazil or anywhere else less advantaged than they are

ooh, you’re classist, how enlightened
Tell us more about how you haven't noticed as many shootings lately.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe we should address the societal conditions that lead people to commit mass shootings.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

anyone have some good recs for everyday wear bullet proof vests?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
There are really nice things about America but the negatives are really bad and seem hopelessly unfixable because there are too many assholes with money and influence invested in the status quo.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Maybe we should address the societal conditions that lead people to commit mass shootings.

Well it's certainly not the cult-like gun worship instilled by a certain corporation and certain political party. That's for sure!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Four squares of Mickey D's

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

super sweet best pal posted:

lmfao

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

https://wonderhoodie.com/products/wonder-hoodie-x-adult-bulletproof-hoodie-nij-iiia?variant=40605263167599

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Americans are the most scared people in the world and it's wild. There's so much bravado and show of toughness and the reality is everyone feels like they need guns because everyone else has guns because everyone is terrified of everyone else.

You see it reflected a lot online just in passive commentary. People so comfortable that the idea of losing anything at all, or honestly just being inconvenienced or not given another advantage, that they think loading up with guns to protect theirs and their own is the sensible solution.

And this loops into the obvious fact that the states that are more "big tough guy with lots of guns and I ain't scared" are the most terrified people on the planet.

United States of Anxiety more like lol.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

USE CODE 'UKRAINE35' TO GET $35 OFF YOUR NEXT ORDER OVER $450

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

syntaxfunction posted:

Americans are the most scared people in the world and it's wild. There's so much bravado and show of toughness and the reality is everyone feels like they need guns because everyone else has guns because everyone is terrified of everyone else.

You see it reflected a lot online just in passive commentary. People so comfortable that the idea of losing anything at all, or honestly just being inconvenienced or not given another advantage, that they think loading up with guns to protect theirs and their own is the sensible solution.

And this loops into the obvious fact that the states that are more "big tough guy with lots of guns and I ain't scared" are the most terrified people on the planet.

Yeah I’m sure people living in Ukraine or Afghanistan or Somalia aren’t scared at all or packing heat day to day. The entire world isn’t Norway.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

ellasmith posted:

Yeah I’m sure people living in Ukraine or Afghanistan or Somalia aren’t scared at all or packing heat day to day. The entire world isn’t Norway.

I think you may find the living conditions are a bit different in those countries compared to THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD and if you can't connect the two very obvious dots you mind be a bit of a dumb dumb lol.

Wartorn countries have guns, this justifies my fears and need of an automatic assault weapon for my luxury condo lmao

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

ellasmith posted:

It is, but I’m allowed to say it because I live here and I have literally no choice but to survive in it. I don’t have the option to jet off to london or whatever the gently caress and sneer at my inferiors.

This is true for most Americans sadly.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Been watching that Brooklyn guys YouTube channel and Jesus Christ that is a sick sick man.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AiXO1pAiA

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

syntaxfunction posted:

The American government intentionally promotes the atomization of society in order to brutalize the population and enable it to perpetrate colonialist oppression without domestic resistance. There is no functioning social safety net and the government has neither the obligation nor the intent to protect anyone in an individual sense. Given a lack of community to rely on it's natural that many people react to the fear this engenders by arming themselves.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I know the reasons behind it, but I am not offering solutions, I'm just here making posts that set up a pun. I ain't no socioligoat buddy.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I would simply evade the bullets, disarm and then disable the gunman, I don't know why more people don't do this

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Zeno proved that bullets can't ever come in contact with people 2000+ years ago hth

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

I would simply evade the bullets, disarm and then disable the gunman, I don't know why more people don't do this

I mean "DIY", right? Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

sorry, but you wouldn't be able to evade my smart bullets, and my gun is equipped with a weapon chain securing it to my wrist so you wouldn't be able to disarm or disable me