Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

No I was sad to lose my last one :(

Me too tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Are we doing the FF league again so I can get rid of this av?

Absolutely! I'll create a new thread and post details as we get closer to the season starting.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Very keen to regain my title again.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

You mean you don't want to proudly display it for 2 years like GD_American has?

lol I've literally stalked Joey Freshwater into threads to post near him

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hell yeah, let's fire it up again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol you cheap bastards buy a new av

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I want five different losers in a row to keep their avs and just make NFL threads confusing as gently caress

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

I want five different losers in a row to keep their avs and just make NFL threads confusing as gently caress

Some of us would rather just win it instead thankyouverymuch

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GD_American posted:

Imma get drunk again one night and buy everyone I recognize from the NFCS threads the same saints av, so no worries.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
God mine is like a decade old now. Still makes me smile.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I gotta update mine again :smith: my avatar luck is almost as good as my jersey buying luck.

Kraken after his break out year and rip. Cam when he got exposed as a woman basher. Then cmc.

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Bootleg Football has finally started with the NFCS and i am now hyped and depressed at the same time.

"The 2022 Saints were the football equivalent of running into a brick wall over and over again in the hope you'll eventually break through, and they kinda didn't"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

lol you cheap bastards buy a new av

The bet is that if you lose you have to keep it until the next season’s loser gets theirs.

GD_American posted:

lol I've literally stalked Joey Freshwater into threads to post near him

That’s…actually pretty funny

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ripperljohn posted:

Bootleg Football has finally started with the NFCS and i am now hyped and depressed at the same time.

"The 2022 Saints were the football equivalent of running into a brick wall over and over again in the hope you'll eventually break through, and they kinda didn't"

I'm going to watch the Panthers one this afternoon on my flight home, and am ready to be irrationally optimistic!

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

Alright, i am now once again H Y P E D

Didn’t really get that excited about Olave last year, but drat that boy got stats.

Defense getting even better is also grand, Buccs in Limbo + Sneaky Panthers gonna be interesting.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Carr is someone who could completely turn it around, so I could see how Saints fans are hyped. I was hyped that we were going to fix Sam Darnold and I was even cautiously optimistic about Baker.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He’s going where former panthers go to die

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1683443102277664771?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Ripperljohn
May 13, 2014

We lack OLine depht, so would make sense.

Did he play left or right for you guys?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ripperljohn posted:

We lack OLine depht, so would make sense.

Did he play left or right for you guys?

Guard.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well this is not a signing I would have anticipated. Jimmy Graham is BACK baby.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1683850004409077761

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Can he bring back 2011 drew brees with him

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just retire or wash please.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1683938993585504256?s=20

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Silly Burrito posted:

Well this is not a signing I would have anticipated. Jimmy Graham is BACK baby.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1683850004409077761

Ah, we've entered the "signing cooked name-recognition veterans" stage of irrelevancy.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
https://twitter.com/SteveReedAP/status/1683944024980303873?t=7FxXFv3JigIWFbguXY7a6w&s=19

Panthers chances of making the playoffs are higher than Jaycee Horns chances of playing more than 10 games per year.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Love Cam, but entirely depends on his willingness to sign a reasonable deal and push for a possible HOF, or sign a deal to help them launder the money for the next few decades as he fades out.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

https://twitter.com/OuttaYourFnMind/status/1684027068894285824?t=ouJKTTu9WR-NcQlcKHJY0Q&s=19

Andy Reid Mustache is spreading

three
Aug 9, 2007

I think they meant eating.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When did Paul Skenes join the Falcons?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reich with a big interview in mmqb. Still getting through it but it’s just so drat refreshing after Rhule.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1683523449078128652?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

https://twitter.com/panthersontap/status/1683527060172558336?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

quote:

Panthers offensive coordinator Thomas Brown, hired from Sean McVay’s Rams staff, has never worked with Reich before. Neither has defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, plucked from the Broncos, and the subject of a bidding war in January. And rather than bring in his own kicking-game guy, Reich retained special teams coordinator Chris Tabor from former Panthers coach Matt Rhule’s staff.

While Reich did backstop those areas with some familiar faces—offensive passing-game coordinator Parks Frazier, senior defensive assistant Capers and assistant special teams coach Devin Fitzsimmons have all worked with Reich before—the overall idea here was to bolster the 2.0 version of Reich’s program with an infusion of new ideas.

That sort of thing, what he calls “diversity of thought,” is something Reich has always sought. It’s just that this time around, the concept is visible at every level of the staff.

Also lmao Jesus Christ Rhule

https://twitter.com/1pantherplace/status/1683904193679982600?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

:stare:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs notes from day 1:

- Russell Gage out due to a hamstring injury. He's had a hard time staying healthy in Tampa.

- Shaq Barrett looks great as he's recovered from a torn Achilles.

- Baker getting more first team reps than Trask as expected. His leadership has been praised.

- Rookie Calijah Kancey was disruptive in his first practice.

- Devin White was practicing.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

wandler20 posted:

- Baker getting more first team reps than Trask as expected. His leadership has been praised.

I'm rooting for him. I think he'd make a great Pirate King. He feels like the most Bucs QB they've had since Fitzmagic.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs notes from Day 2:

- SirVocea Dennis is a menace on defense. The rookie had a pick today off Kyle Trask. He's been flashing a lot which is good because he'll likely be replacing one of Devin White or Lavonte David next year.

- Kyle Trask got the starter reps today and looked pretty good besides the INT.

- Rookie UDFA Rakim Jarrett is off to a fast start in camp and made the catch of the day on a pass from Baker.

three
Aug 9, 2007

I would like to see Baker lose the starting job so I can get field seats to boo him on the bench for an entire game.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Apparently Bryce had a poo poo day yesterday but the defense looked great. Gonna be swings and roundabouts with new... everything I guess

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yesterday? Yesterday it was just rave reviews all over the place. Today still wasn't bad.

three
Aug 9, 2007

I actually saw "Bryce Young is doing amazing" on the header of the sports page in a local upstate New York newspaper today.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mingo is the rookie getting all the consistent praise.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Praise from Caesar

https://twitter.com/stevesmithsr89/status/1684729017088253952?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

I actually saw "Bryce Young is doing amazing" on the header of the sports page in a local upstate New York newspaper today.

Eh maybe it was some hater. Just popped up in my feeds after my workout. Haven't done a deep dive in the usual places tbh. Rugby league and cricket in full swing.