Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Doobie's
Dogs
Of
Shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I winnuked someone from my Doom deathmatch, so probably my fault

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I hope it’s Gorgeous George or Farkdotcom

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
free from this curse

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

:f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5::f5:

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Doobie's DDOS House

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
is ddos a crypto

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I reckon someone posted a new whachamacallit, dangnaber roper thread or somethin

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
shame, i was just about to buy everyone free avatars andf then this happened, never loving mind

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

Now I can't see the forum index. All I can do is post here

Im guessing the bots were just refreshing the forum index, allowing Jeffrey to easily defeat them by blocking access to the forum index. This is the power of web 1.0

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
when I look at this site with my phone's web browser (I don't use the app ) the lepers colony will DDoS my browser and I have to close it and restart it a bunch until I can successfully click another link on the page before it crashes so it's kinda like a video game where there's no rules except clicking the lepers colony link nukes my web browser

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Some small nation is getting their information warfare department on its feet and they needed a real-world target nobody knows or cares about.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The elitist in me is quite pleased knowing those filthy app users aren't here right now.

Who's making the browser posting gang tag?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
who's responsible for this? I demand answers

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Please don't take this away, what will I read when I poo poo?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it must be our enemies

that's all I've got fr now

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Wifi Toilet posted:

Turns out this was all a plot by the WebTV user to get back at the forums for banning them

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Neophyte posted:

Turns out this was all a plot by the WebTV user to get back at the forums for banning them

It took them a while to get around to the whole revenge thing.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

We didn’t even make it to meltdown May, what excitement is yet to come…

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Couldn't even wait 'til 4/20, the yutz.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
it looks like if we follow this internet trail... it leads right inside the forums??

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Zil posted:

It took them a while to get around to the whole revenge thing.

It's hard to find ddos tools that run on WebTV.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Sorry everyone, I made a post and was so excited to see if anyone liked it that I ended up refreshing my browser 78,000 times per second for 5 hours. I’ll stop as soon as someone emptyquotes my cool simpsons meme.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
you have to be at least a level 8 wizard to cast word of power: ddos

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

How could this befall us the good people of this place.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
uh oh

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Chinatown posted:

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/Bj2YwRk
I understand everybody is feeling anxious and riled up right now but please let's not add to the chaos

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Some small nation is getting their information warfare department on its feet and they needed a real-world target nobody knows or cares about.

they have made a powerful enemy today

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
its me i'm dDDosing the dos

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Do the admins or mods here actually know yet who is doing it?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Russia is engaged in a cyber attack on a list of the most significant websites in the US. They last updated the list in 2002.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Vidmaster posted:

Is this phase 5???

I think that might have been killing Lowtax. Or maybe that was Vilepilot.

Flavahbeast posted:

Im guessing the bots were just refreshing the forum index, allowing Jeffrey to easily defeat them by blocking access to the forum index. This is the power of web 1.0

serious post if you do https://forums.somethingawful.com/index.php instead it works

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

shouldnt have hosed with debt

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Random Stranger posted:

Russia is engaged in a cyber attack on a list of the most significant websites in the US. They last updated the list in 2002.

lol

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Wifi Toilet posted:

The elitist in me is quite pleased knowing those filthy app users aren't here right now.

Phone browser scrolling for the first time in years and lol I’ve missed a lot of new red text avs

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Tried to check the forum on the nice shiny Awful app. Came to see why it wasn't working and apparently someone really wanted to turn the clocks back fifteen years. I wonder if this mean UNIQLOCK works again?

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
its your mom, op

she's worried about you spending all your time on an internet forum

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Is it Gary Larson getting us back for posting his work in the newspaper comic thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol