Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Mikan, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shes helping

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Ganbare Shamiko. Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next episode we finally get Fallen Momo !

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Gosenzo looking fly.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Super Jay Mann posted:

Gosenzo looking fly.

She also gets a tux in the OP:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Super Jay Mann posted:

Gosenzo looking fly.

StandardVC10 posted:

She also gets a tux in the OP:

:hmmyes:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Mikan's dedication to her brand is inspiring.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Some fanart of the new character

https://twitter.com/uitchu/status/1522965161920786432?s=20&t=j9b_vazWsgdVdD7ZpiCxhw

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

I remember back when the manga was around this point, this (and the following dream hospital adventure) panel really hammered it home that Yuko wasn't just generically Anime Weak, she was actively in danger of death from her childhood illnesses for a huge chunk of her life, and has only recently come around to being reasonably healthy. It was kind of the moment that turns Machikado Mazoku from just being a fun gag 4koma into something that is still mostly a fun gag 4koma but manages to also use that format to tell a surprisingly compelling narrative around it, too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The manga is one of the more ambitious 4 koma out there in that it's very much telling a very complex story while also trying to be a gag manga at the same time and it actually pulls it off

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Darkness Peach was everything I wanted and more

Also the end of this weeks episode was so good Momo finally smiling and Shamiko crying was done really good. I hope we get a season 3 cause I want this team to do Momo's full character arc

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bad mistranslation since it's of course supposed to be a reveal that the reason that Yuko was so sick is that she unconsciously took on her soon-to-be-born sister's curse and hence why Ryoko is comparatively healthy/normal.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 13, 2022

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

we're on episode 6 and that felt like a finale. There has to be more anime. ...right?

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Colorspray posted:

we're on episode 6 and that felt like a finale. There has to be more anime. ...right?

To be honest, it feels like Season 1 should have been 18 episodes with the way that wrapped up.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Colorspray posted:

It was a finale! To volume 3 of the manga. There will be six more episodes this season, but the show is taking a break next week because of some golf tournament or something.

Anyway it was cool to see Sakura, given what she's done she's probably the most heroic character in the story.

Kind of a silly gag but it makes me smile that Lilith is STILL trying to make Mikan's hand-me-down dress work for her, even though it's clearly too big.

Darkness Peach is great! We even got a transformation sequence for it.

And, uh, Shamiko seems to be extremely impressed:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Kiss your wife, Shamiko.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I like how the Darkness Peach outfit comes with three Adidas tracksuit pant stripes.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
My favorite part is how the transformation theme is a reprise of the regular transformation theme but in a darker mode and with an electric guitar. Very fitting.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Now Momo's wing hairclip/coin jar is black too. Shamiko is having more and more of an impact on Momo's visual design. Hopefully it goes both ways, and Shamiko gets like a peach necklace soon, or she could transform the magic fork into a hairclip that matches Momo's, or she could get a peach back tattoo, or maybe a bracelet.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq98zR5IFDE

I did not realize it at first but Momo is appropriately chuuni near the end

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/izumo_ito/status/1527282011735355399

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Samiko needs to learn the Blue Bullet

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

*nodding*

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shamiko getting that Momo wants to be family but still clueless on how Momo wants to be family

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

*nodding*

That is one smug demon :smug:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Lots of English this episode, took me by surprise

And Lico has invaded the interstitial. More work for Momo.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

I appreciate Lico way more in the anime than my initial impressions from the manga. Perhaps it's her VA delivery, localization, or the medium itself, but she's been promoted to my favorite side character.

Sorry, Shamicen.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I always imagined Lico having a slightly harsh smug cadence in her voice but the flighty IDGAF thing they have going for her instead works just as well.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Agronox posted:

Lots of English this episode, took me by surprise

Ya, I lolled pretty hard at this

The enthusiastic voice narration was hilarious

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Colorspray posted:

I appreciate Lico way more in the anime than my initial impressions from the manga. Perhaps it's her VA delivery, localization, or the medium itself, but she's been promoted to my favorite side character.

Sorry, Shamicen.

Same. I didn't really like her in the manga, but the way she's used in the anime makes a much stronger case for her, at least to me.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

I always imagined Lico having a slightly harsh smug cadence in her voice but the flighty IDGAF thing they have going for her instead works just as well.

Yeah, I heard her in my head as more aggressive, and manager-san as more, I don't know, mind-mannered? But both VAs do a good job and it works well.

Omnicrom posted:

Same. I didn't really like her in the manga, but the way she's used in the anime makes a much stronger case for her, at least to me.

She grew on me. It isn't clear at this point in the manga whether she's just an rear end in a top hat or more of a well-meaning oblivious airhead, but we eventually see that while she's not entirely the latter she's mostly well-meaning. But with a trickster streak. There should be some fun troll fox moments coming up. And she will have some great scenes if we get a season 3...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Someone subbed the short posted on twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiCOunxBA8

Spoilers Shamiko is very gay for Momo's fallen form

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Even gayer in the manga, if you believe it.

"unfortunately"

Shamiko will also use any excuse to go for tummy touches, including "I am examining the power of the outfit" or "you are nearby and I'm not holding anything important."

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

How does it feel to be on the other side for once, Mahou Shoujo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Owner going on a magical mystery tour was amazing

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

How does it feel to be on the other side for once, Mahou Shoujo

She does look dangerously pettable, Momo never had a chance.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I don't know what everyone's talking about, Momo has the best fashion sense in the whole cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Brutal Garcon posted:

I don't know what everyone's talking about, Momo has the best fashion sense in the whole cast.
More than "My Blood Sugar Level is Dangerous" ?