Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
find yourself a girl who looks at you like momo does shamiko

troll fox always trolling

It was weird but the "let's check in with the other main cast girls!" at the end gave me a chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
"The ability to summon a perfectly seasoned wok at will" is actually such an amazing superpower

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Lico is just 2 sweeeet.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Numero6 posted:

Lico is just 2 sweeeet.

Good news! She brought enough drugs for everybody!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lico is Bullet Club 4 life!!!!!!!!

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Shirosawa telling Lico to "Shut up" in English made me choke on my drink

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad they incorporated the mystery of the string into the story.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This episode brought to you by Kirara-brand knockoff iPads and the Safe Pitfall Committee.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

also it is nice to see ogura run amok

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Totally giving the manga another shot after this season ends.

I didn't get this far during my first read, but it's cool and unexpected to see Shamiko grow in power so quickly. Protagonist power scaling is a standard trope so I shouldn't be surprised, but after living with S1 Shamiko since it aired it felt like she was going to stay comically weak.

But nope, girl just nuked a familiar. Maybe with the help of her dad's wand, but something-something-macguffin probably taps her innate magical power I'm guessing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

StandardVC10 posted:

This episode brought to you by Kirara-brand knockoff iPads and the Safe Pitfall Committee.

There were so many good details in that quick shot of the pit.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Truly the most demonic special move of all, video game knowledge.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Make Dynasty Warriors Shamiko Koei Tecmo you cowards!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Colorspray posted:

Totally giving the manga another shot after this season ends.

Season 1 really ended at the worst possible spot.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ogura's special finishing move is to cook meth. That checks out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
ora ora ora ora

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Shamiko is right to get excited, Darkness Peach (Katana form) is pretty cool.

Also I would like to join Momo's club, if my allergies permit it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Momo just needed to have a back up club ready to go, the Mascot character club!

Anyway next week we get Ugallu and I can't wait to see how the anime does the arc

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Any word on a season 3? Out of everything in spring 2022, this is at the top of my wishlist (disregarding everything that's already confirmed) for being continued.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
The earliest we'd hear about it is once nichoume is over, I suppose. I will say it's uncommon for a Kirara adaptation to get a third season (I think it's only happened for Hidasketch so far), but I kind of feel it has to happen for this one? Being a seemingly more economical production speaks in its favor, and I feel like in terms of getting people to buy the volumes to find out what happens next, the end of vol 6 is far too good an endpoint for the production committee to pass up. Admittedly this is probably just my own hope speaking...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's doing well sales enough to get a tribute manga volume and has enough of action hook that it should get a season 3

Volume 5 and 6 would be a wild ride in anime form

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mikan is very powerful.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Terry van Feleday posted:

The earliest we'd hear about it is once nichoume is over, I suppose. I will say it's uncommon for a Kirara adaptation to get a third season (I think it's only happened for Hidasketch so far), but I kind of feel it has to happen for this one? Being a seemingly more economical production speaks in its favor, and I feel like in terms of getting people to buy the volumes to find out what happens next, the end of vol 6 is far too good an endpoint for the production committee to pass up. Admittedly this is probably just my own hope speaking...

gochiusa eventually got a season 3 as well though that one's quite a bit more popular at least on the japan side with merch sales etc

i think it could go either way but would expect to wait a while again

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ganbare Ugallu :3:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ugallu good finale good

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

i think it could go either way but would expect to wait a while again

This and Shokei Shoujo are my top two for "Spring Anime Most Deserving of a Sequel" above everything else that hasn't been confirmed yet. Actually, if I could, I'd cancel a lot of other sequels just to fund this one....

https://i.imgur.com/OvE4fqR.gifv

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I'm glad Ogura found a rope ladder now

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
plod plod

Seems that Shamiko's most versatile weapon is Staff of Snack Time

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Brutal Garcon posted:

I'm just ashamed at myself for being such a peachy keen jelly bean

Happy to report that I've been saying this to myself near constantly for the past 3 months

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The big Sentai Filmworks sale means the season 1 blu ray is $24 plus shipping right now. Worth picking up now if you've been eyeing it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

12 episodes is half a season, right? When is the next half coming out?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Xander77 posted:

12 episodes is half a season, right? When is the next half coming out?

...Er, No, the 12 episodes we got were the entire run of Machikado Mazoku season 2. If it gets a season 3 (which is still up in the air) it'll likely be a couple of years, as the time between season 1 and season 2 was about 3 years.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Disc sales are looking good so hopefully we get season 3 so we can have happy fun Momo backstop in anime for.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Omnicrom posted:

...Er, No, the 12 episodes we got were the entire run of Machikado Mazoku season 2. If it gets a season 3 (which is still up in the air) it'll likely be a couple of years, as the time between season 1 and season 2 was about 3 years.
That... really didn't feel like a season worth of stuff, or a season climax.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Xander77 posted:

That... really didn't feel like a season worth of stuff, or a season climax.

*shrug* It adapted two volumes of the manga, like Season 1, so it's a season's worth of stuff in that sense.

If the problem is that it feels incomplete... well, the manga's story is still ongoing, though the end of a hypothetical Season 3 would probably feel like an appropriate season climax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Generally speaking every volume ending has been a big plot development or shaken up the status quo in some regard, but some are more impactful than others (see volume 3's occurring in the middle of this season). I was really looking forward to Ugallu so that was always the expected endpoint for me but I will agree that say volume 6's ending will feel more season finale-ish for a hypothetical S3.