Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2023/04/bye-dan-beer-created-to-mark-commanders-possible-sale-sells-out-at-virginia-brewery/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

Jalen hurts Dak Prescott's chances of being a top 5 QB in the NFC East

At least he's got a pretty safe case at top ten in the division.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Toaster Beef posted:

i heard the news and immediately ran to this thread to see doltos's reaction, and it has delivered

(also is the hail mary gif supposed to be some kind of dunk? dude stepped on kelce's foot and it hosed with the throw, it's not some incredible glimpse into his lack of ability as a passer)

I'm very happy and always right, although cursed in that I can never convince others to realize my supreme football intelligence, nor does the pay off feel good when I'm right a year later.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
like some kind of jackassandra

(i like reading your analysis even if i disagree with it a bunch, like now, though i think hurts is probably due for a regression)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I was on the fence and a doubter of Hurts but he totally won me over and played his loving rear end off last year.

Only caveat I have with him is due to how much talent he's been surrounded with so it's hard to tell how much of the success is due to him but that's pretty much any QB. I think Lamar is just as good or maybe better but Jalen getting paid is not a reflection of Jackson's situation either and has more to do with the organizations they play for.

For some reason, the Ravens aren't entirely sold on the player that's 90% of their entire loving offense but good on Jalen for working so hard to get where he is, and we're not even entirely sure we've seen his ceiling. Dude just keeps improving, still has an upward trajectory, is in a great situation in Philly and from all accounts busts his rear end all the time and is well liked and respected by his team.

I'm happy for Jalen and look forward to watching him play for this team.

What I'm saying is gently caress Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah but you know what this means.

I mean, I don’t even have to spell it out for you, you’ve been watching the NFL for as long as I have.

It means Hurts goes down with ACL/MCL/meniscus injury in week two, while Dak, supported by a fearsome defense, goes on to win the SB in Feb 2024

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

MrMojok posted:

Dak, supported by a fearsome defense, goes on to win the SB in Feb 2024

:hmmyes:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

I was on the fence and a doubter of Hurts but he totally won me over and played his loving rear end off last year.

Only caveat I have with him is due to how much talent he's been surrounded with so it's hard to tell how much of the success is due to him

Honestly, I don't think this is even a real knock on him, his first year as the starter he carried pretty hard with less talent and a rookie HC. And of course he played phenomenally last season with better talent around him.

Which other QBs across the league could've been the Eagles starter and led that team to the SB? Mahommes, Burrows, Allen, maybe Herbert and Jackson?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MrMojok posted:

Yeah but you know what this means.

I mean, I don’t even have to spell it out for you, you’ve been watching the NFL for as long as I have.

It means Hurts goes down with ACL/MCL/meniscus injury in week two, while Dak, supported by a fearsome defense, goes on to win the SB in Feb 2024

This is yuk.

This is boo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MrMojok posted:

while Dak, supported by a fearsome defense, goes on to win the SB in Feb 2024

:hmmno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9A6ctjHAxE

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MrMojok posted:

while Dak, supported by a fearsome defense, goes on to win the SB in Feb 2024

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

MrMojok posted:

Dak, supported by a fearsome defense, goes on to win the SB in Feb 2024

You're ignoring a v important principle:

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What the hell

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s getting out of hand, time to appoint some Idiot Kings for this thread.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Howie Roseman a genius

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1648101167619100683?t=nL7rj12IU28s-sIgnT_vlw&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do not look at 2027 and 28 hahaha

(He will be restructured by then )

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow his contact only has 110 in guaranteed money, up to 125 if he's on the team next March. the rest of the "guarantees" are for injury

that's.... not good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He got a NTC

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
*temples fingers triumphantly*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if they want him gone he's gone. a player never used an NTC to stay on the team, just lets them pick their preferred spot out of available trade partners

e: his signing bonus is only $23m so I’m not quite sure how his cap hits are so low at first, prorating that is less than $4m/year. unless all the salary is backloaded into years he'll restructure anyway?

indigi fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 18, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are three huge bonuses over the next 3 years

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

roster/incentive bonuses count against that year's cap number though, you can't spread them out like signing bonuses

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's a window closing contract

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Toaster Beef posted:

calling hurts better than lamar is bonkers, imo, if only because we've seen precisely one (1) very good season from hurts. like, yes, it's all super promising, but come on.

it's disgraceful hurts got paid before lamar did.

We've also only seen precisely 1 very good season from Lamar.

"Theyre the same picture" meme, except Hurts had better passing numbers, and lamar had better rushing numbers during their respective MVP seasons.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Exactly, he was in the super-bowl

Pay him

But he lost, so he can't win a superbowl. Therefore he isn't worth the money?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1648685253727330306?s=46

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow. somebody needs to show him that scene in True Romance

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1649121445853773824?t=sgOMKzCNJMetVpbFjJ29Ew&s=19

ed: now official https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1649126618462289950?s=20

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 20, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress YEAH LETS GO IGGLES

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I think this hiring will prove beneficial to Dak's chances of remaining a top 5 QB in the NFC East.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

aaaaand I’m out

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

lol eagles

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Philly Special

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

He's a rapist, and he sucks. loving why?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is he the enormously fat one?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What in the flying gently caress?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Is he the enormously fat one?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Philly didn’t think it was proper that they’d become fun and likable last year so they are reasserting their traditional NFC heel status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Why