Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why is Patricia unpopular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/05/09/matt-patricia-indicted-sex-assault/34742627/

Also he is a horrible coach and the numbers play that out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing devils advocate to not be JUST a giant rear end in a top hat

At least he's not the main defensive coordinator. Just an assistant. That's at least something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

In addition to being a rapist, the last season he was somewhat competent at coaching his team lost the superbowl to a backup qb

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I just saw the news I am apoplectic

FUUUUUUCK

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

I just saw the news I am apoplectic

FUUUUUUCK

It's literally over

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Rapist
Extremely bad at his job results-wise
Bullies coworkers (including Slay)

Very much a Belichick tree guy with the Belichick tree effect (acts like an rear end in a top hat because it's how Bill did, gets nowhere near the results Bill at least got with Brady where the behavior could maybe in any way be justified as coming with benefits) in a way that both the Lions and Patriots players publicly became fed up with by the times of his exits there

Also indicted in 1996 for sexual assault. After he was hired as Lions HC their president outright said he didn't even know about that, if you want to know how good NFL background checks can be

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well I guess they wanted some more experience in the defensive coaches room idk.

Yeah it seems bad

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Hoping this is only the Eagles assisting Slay in his plan to put Patricia in some kind of convoluted Saw death trap

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All i know about this guy is in the 1000 times ive watched the Philly Special, he's the first person they cut to on the patriots sideline just looking absolutely brutally owned

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol eagles

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some no name on the Commanders got suspended for gambling.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1649434440450359301?s=20

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1649451741799129089?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao punishing players for gambling when half the adverts on game day are sports betting apps.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao punishing players for gambling when half the adverts on game day are sports betting apps.

Gotta push the narrative that the fix isn’t in. (Spreads def are)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sports betting is stupid, I hate it, and the way it has become so invasive in football is awful.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Asproigerosis posted:

Sports betting is stupid, I hate it, and the way it has become so invasive in football is awful.

Agreed, especially the proliferation of fantasy football which I really dislike.

E

Here's an article I just found

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/4/21/23693329/nfl-sports-gambling-suspensions-jameson-williams-detroit-lions

The NFL Is Struggling to Walk the Ethical High Wire of Sports Betting

The league is raking in money from sports gambling while continuing to punish players, including the Detroit Lions’ Jameson Williams, for any betting policy violations—even seemingly innocuous ones

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 22, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

I understand Philly fans drink paint but is it really that hard to figure out why it's okay for fans to bet on games but not players in the league?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How do you prevent their friends or family doing it for them?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You don't that's the grey area!! The world is full of those and people should take advantage of it by not gambling on team owned property where they can figure out you're doing it.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Doltos posted:

I understand Philly fans drink paint but is it really that hard to figure out why it's okay for fans to bet on games but not players in the league?

Idea: let people bet on whether the players are point shaving or not

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Idea number 2:

Let people bet, but only with their life

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

You don't that's the grey area!! The world is full of those and people should take advantage of it by not gambling on team owned property where they can figure out you're doing it.

Well I guess my point is that if it is impossible to actually prevent, whats the point of the virtue signaling? The reality is these players *do* this poo poo and there's no way to prevent it, full stop. What they're really doing here is punishing uneducated black kids who don't live in the world of rich white people thinking of ways to skirt laws. You know, racism.

Yes its hosed that players can gamble on their own games for obvious reasons but gl stopping it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

Well I guess my point is that if it is impossible to actually prevent, whats the point of the virtue signaling? The reality is these players *do* this poo poo and there's no way to prevent it, full stop. What they're really doing here is punishing uneducated black kids who don't live in the world of rich white people thinking of ways to skirt laws. You know, racism.

Yes its hosed that players can gamble on their own games for obvious reasons but gl stopping it

1. This has nothing to do with race, what the gently caress.
2. People do illegal things constantly and don't get caught, doesn't make it okay or that it should be legalized.
3. Do you, the consumer, the person whom is gambling, want overt cheating while you're gambling?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Imagine being a 24 year old kid in 2022 and some white guy on the internet says you're too dumb to understand gambling on your own team is wrong because you're systematically kept down by the white man. Imagine having to read that as a black man.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lol this thread

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Cooleystakes/status/1649443672029626368?s=20

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Doltos posted:

2. People do illegal things constantly and don't get caught, doesn't make it okay or that it should be legalized.
3. Do you, the consumer, the person whom is gambling, want overt cheating while you're gambling?

If you cared about any of this you would have been against the nfl to partner with gambling. The nfl has a vested interest in the gambling orgs making as much profit as possible. This conflicts with the goal of having a fair game on the field.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

It does. The fact that you characterize the kids who got punished as dumb is on you, I think they’re doing something most players in the NFL do but didn’t have the benefit of doing it in a way that wouldn’t get punished.

It shouldn’t be ok, but we just identified an inescapable, super easy to abuse loophole. I think it needs to be specifically illegal to bet against your own team. But there will always be things like win trading, you can’t avoid it.

Even if you made gambling illegal period, you aren’t going to stop it, but at least in that case you’ve made it degrees harder.

You want it to stop? Make it illegal for the families of nfl athletes to gamble on the nfl.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

It does. The fact that you characterize the kids who got punished as dumb is on you, I think they’re doing something most players in the NFL do but didn’t have the benefit of doing it in a way that wouldn’t get punished.

It shouldn’t be ok, but we just identified an inescapable, super easy to abuse loophole. I think it needs to be specifically illegal to bet against your own team. But there will always be things like win trading, you can’t avoid it.

Even if you made gambling illegal period, you aren’t going to stop it, but at least in that case you’ve made it degrees harder.

You want it to stop? Make it illegal for the families of nfl athletes to gamble on the nfl.

You literally called them uneducated black kids my guy. Go take a lap.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Doltos posted:

You literally called them uneducated black kids my guy. Go take a lap.

That isn’t in the post you quoted.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
you have to understand it hurts me on both a physical and emotional level to defend doltos, but

Diqnol posted:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Can’t believe I have to say that being uneducated doesn’t make one dumb but here we are

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hate this thread sometimes.

gently caress Dallas.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

I hate this thread sometimes.

gently caress Dallas.

The NFC East: 1st in Clownball, 7th in Fans.

gently caress Dallas.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

lol this thread

A division gets the thread quality it deserves/its fanbase matches

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I'm the cowboys

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

No, I'm the cowboys

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

Can’t believe I have to say that being uneducated doesn’t make one dumb but here we are

The gently caress did you think it meant? Stop being racist towards black people. Stop assuming they're all wallowing in ignorance from their upbringing. It's incredibly insulting both to them and people who grew up in ghettos with poor families like me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

The gently caress did you think it meant? Stop being racist towards black people. Stop assuming they're all wallowing in ignorance from their upbringing. It's incredibly insulting both to them and people who grew up in ghettos with poor families like me.

I’m not interested in making GBS threads up this thread on this moronic take of yours anymore, we can talk over dms if you’re really confident you aren’t being a fool here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

TeeMerk posted:

I'm the cowboys

The Bananana posted:

No, I'm the cowboys

I am obliged to say this.

gently caress you both.