Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the Cowboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

harperdc posted:

more about how the NFC East will be won in 2022 by a team that somehow finishes 5-12 on the season.

FTFY

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

:hmmyes:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Who y’all drafting this week? Commanders should take a wide receiver in the first to help Carson Wentz, but lol, I’m sure Danny boy will interfere and make them draft a quarterback.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Carson Wentz,

:hmmyes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wide receivers are pointless with wentz

Go tight end or Rb or oline if you don’t get a qb.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles should fully focus on D. We need help everywhere and can deal with the offense next year when they move on a QB

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Giants need help basically everywhere, but the with how bad coaching was the last two seasons (Particularly on offense), it’s tricky to say what their biggest need is. In theory, some of the issues could be fixed just by the coaching change and not having Joe Judge/Jason Garrett. I’d like to see them fix the o-line, since that’s been a major issue for a decade now and previous attempts to fix it (Some half-assed, some not) haven’t panned out, but that’s also something that is tricky to fix with one draft.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Eagles should fully focus on D. We need help everywhere and can deal with the offense next year when they move on a QB

Where they're picking they have the luxury of letting the draft simply come to them since there's bound to be a LB, CB, WR or OL at both picks. They can honestly just go best player available and don't really have to reach. At least I would think. Or trade back if someone gets antsy. Really hoping that Hamilton falls to them but that's probably a pipe dream. I like Drake London a lot as a complement to Smith but if a CB is there you really have to look at that.

Hopefully Howie can resist a QB this time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

QB would be the only true disaster. Particularly CB is a concern, but we also need LB, G, C (kelce on life support), and can use shoring up the DL rotation in general.

I personally have a distaste for howie drafting WR when we can solve that in FA.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when is the last time the Eagles drafted a good linebacker? Bradley?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

fartknocker posted:

The Giants need help basically everywhere, but the with how bad coaching was the last two seasons (Particularly on offense), it’s tricky to say what their biggest need is. In theory, some of the issues could be fixed just by the coaching change and not having Joe Judge/Jason Garrett. I’d like to see them fix the o-line, since that’s been a major issue for a decade now and previous attempts to fix it (Some half-assed, some not) haven’t panned out, but that’s also something that is tricky to fix with one draft.

It would be nice to have a QB who could consistently play decent but we won't fix that this draft

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Everything I’ve heard about this year’s draft class is that the quarterbacks are all crap. Which means one of them will win the Super Bowl next year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

It would be nice to have a QB who could consistently play decent but we won't fix that this draft

Yeah, but Daniel Jones and the QB spot is a whole other can of worms.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Cartoon Man posted:

Everything I’ve heard about this year’s draft class is that the quarterbacks are all crap. Which means one of them will win the Super Bowl next year.

2013 would like a word

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

They literally do not give a poo poo about LBs.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

They literally do not give a poo poo about LBs.

I hate it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

indigi posted:

Eagles are famously adverse to the LB position

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Only the Cowboys have cared about LBs in the NFC East in the last 15 years

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Only the Cowboys have cared about LBs in the NFC East in the last 15 years

and the only one we drafted who was worth a poo poo is a better edge anyways!

edit: thats not fair, Anthony Hitchens was pretty good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think football is the sport that makes me the least depressed

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

QB would be the only true disaster. Particularly CB is a concern, but we also need LB, G, C (kelce on life support), and can use shoring up the DL rotation in general.

I personally have a distaste for howie drafting WR when we can solve that in FA.

0% chance they go LB day 1. They are fine at OL. Seumalo and Dickerson can both play C. They will probably draft some mid level guy for iOL this year.

indigi posted:

Jordan Hicks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Hicks was fine, idk if I’d call him a good pick especially since he only came on in his last year with the team and is better in Phoenix

euphronius posted:

I think football is the sport that makes me the least depressed

cause we’re in the postgame

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

indigi posted:

Hicks was fine, idk if I’d call him a good pick especially since he only came on in his last year with the team and is better in Phoenix

He was good here the entire time. He just couldn’t stay healthy. Of course, I think he played every game for the Cards…

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

not staying healthy isn’t good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Game-Blouses posted:

0% chance they go LB day 1. They are fine at OL. Seumalo and Dickerson can both play C. They will probably draft some mid level guy for iOL this year.

Jordan Hicks

They are not fine on OL lol we always end up with tatters by midseason

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

They are not fine on OL lol we always end up with tatters by midseason

Sure they are. They have as good of depth as anyone in the league. The starting 5 are locked in. Then they have Dillard and Clark at T, Driscoll at G/T, Herbig at C/G, and Opeta at G. Stoutland had a project or two on the PS. They will probably trade Dillard and grab another mid round OL for next year.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You’re acting like this depth is any good at all. We still lack an heir apparent to Kelce who is definitely done this year. Also Dickerson who is a ? To me

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1519004759805603843?s=20&t=aq_LLpbW5VMl5g17nnZamg

https://twitter.com/TheSupremeTaco/status/1519051445127073797?s=20&t=aq_LLpbW5VMl5g17nnZamg

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sorry to post a dumb meme only but this just sure made me immediately think of this thread :-]

https://twitter.com/ArkansasFred/status/1519103712580538373

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The guy on the right should be “Qb wins”

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Off ball linebacker is super deep this draft imo. Eagles will for sure have their pick, which maybe means they can wait until the next couple rounds.

They should definitely have their eye on cornerback though and see who falls. There will also be good centers and guards available for them where they are picking. They're actually in a pretty sweet spot for this draft in terms of the first round.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you should go lineman in the first round every draft unless qb or some prodigious skill guy falls .

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i think you should draft the good players and avoid drafting the bad players

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

I think you should go lineman in the first round every draft unless qb or some prodigious skill guy falls .

CB is most important position on the field after QB and they’re fine at tackle. lineman can wait til second or third

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

Honestly, it might be Trotter. In 1998.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Remember when Jeremiah Trotter had been out of football for a year and the Eagles inducted him into their ring of honor and then signed him to play MLB a couple weeks later with no knees?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I hope the cowboys draft good

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/judybattista/status/1519716187533422592?s=20&t=m4IXm6OLNq3tBMnCF-vSJg

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1519681566502535170?s=20&t=2Wj7Ceg97VNVXlbAlW6hOw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s rude