Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

fartknocker posted:

The Giants need help basically everywhere, but the with how bad coaching was the last two seasons (Particularly on offense), it’s tricky to say what their biggest need is. In theory, some of the issues could be fixed just by the coaching change and not having Joe Judge/Jason Garrett. I’d like to see them fix the o-line, since that’s been a major issue for a decade now and previous attempts to fix it (Some half-assed, some not) haven’t panned out, but that’s also something that is tricky to fix with one draft.

It would be nice to have a QB who could consistently play decent but we won't fix that this draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Everything I’ve heard about this year’s draft class is that the quarterbacks are all crap. Which means one of them will win the Super Bowl next year.

2013 would like a word

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

Did I have a stroke or did the Giants really get Thibodeaux and Neal?

Holy poo poo.

We somehow ended up with two different guys who were projected as first overall picks at different times, it feels weird to be so stoked

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

AJ Brown ruled as a Titan and you should be embarrassed for not knowing who he was

of course now I hope he loses his hands in a tragic accident and never catches a football ever again

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Judging from what I saw from Cooper Rush after Dak went out...

Dallas is hosed

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Bananana posted:

I feel like the giants and the Footballs are getting just a liiiittle too much credit here.

At least the Giants beat a good team at their house unlike the Eagles and Commies who beat up bad teams and almost gave the games up anyway

Go Giants

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It was a rough first half but actually seeing adjustments and a playbook that wasn't from 1982 was so refreshing compared to anything from the Judge "era"

I can only hope Saquon stays healthy because drat look how good he is when you use him correctly, Jason loving Garrett

Jones still sucks though

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 12, 2022

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Stats can be misleading but 18/32 for no TDs is not an excellent performance

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

He had an okay rushing performance but to call him super accurate there is lol

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 15, 2022

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Daniel Jones was more accurate than Hurts and nobody here will argue Daniel Jones is good

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Giants offense looks like the offense of old today!

aka really bad

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I wish the Giants could offensively do anything in the first half of a game but now that's two weeks in a row where they come out and look like the better team after halftime, this rules.

Defense looks pretty good, even missing some key dudes. Jones seems to have chemistry with Richie James of all people

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

No greater player in the NFL than Kirk Cousins' agent

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It is astounding what a difference good coaching makes

Giants gonna win the Super bowl and piss everyone off

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys in the top of the conference and Washington dead last, the division has finally returned to how god intended it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Honestly I think Wentz was probably always this guy, but that Eagles team was so stacked so it minimized a lot of his errors and winning cures all conflicts so nobody noticed as that team cruised to the #1 seed. Then the injury and success without him and team regression brought his bullshit to the light.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 10, 2022

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Giants are going to win the Super Bowl

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

That game was bad refball and I still dont know how long the Giants can keep this bullshit up with the now thinning roster but it absolutely owns every time

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

indigi posted:

the Giants are fun to watch but I imagine fans must be tense on every drop back

But for the first time in 4 years, not because of Jones, mostly because of the putty he is throwing too

Hes taking care of the ball this year and is being a lot smarter taking what he's getting. He's not putting up any numbers but it's not really on him this time. He has nothing to throw to

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 23, 2022

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

is daniel jones the guy going forward?

Depends on where we end up in the draft order and who's available. I think we franchise Saquon and let Jones walk because he's been keeping the team afloat for now but this is basically his ceiling and it's not great

It's possible they get him on a short term deal if they think they can't do better. We should be in a much better cap spot after this year

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Toney to the Chiefs for a 3rd and a 6th

Watch him magically be healthy now

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

We don't have anyone to catch the ball and yet I'd still be happy if the Giants punted Richie James into the sound and left him there

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Jones is backup caliber as a QB but he seriously has basically nobody to throw to and dumping it to Barkley is honestly is best option half the time

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

predicto posted:

As a WFT fan, I'm not happy about this development.

This is just going to cause the other NFL owners to close ranks around Snyder for mutual self-protection, rather than incentivizing them to get rid of him. gently caress

This is what they've been doing for a decade but at some point they are going to come to the conclusion that the cancer has to get cut out before it takes them all down, and now the NFL itself is part of the lawsuit for helping Snyder cover up the investigation. The question has always been not if the other owners would finally consider ousting Snyder as the only real option, but when. The scandals have been non-stop, the government is involved, and it's only getting worse. They oust Snyder, they get rid of the problem.

Irsay is currently off his meds but he also spoke out against the guy a few weeks ago. The team is rumored to be ready to be up for sale. I'm also skeptical this is the end for Snyder after so many years of this horseshit, but this is also by far the closest he's ever been to actual consequences.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Texans game was the first time this year I got mad at the play calling

Running is one of the few things Jones is good at and they've used him well this year, but against a team with horrible run defense they never even bothered to try, a few designed runs on any of those last 3 drives could have put the game away long before it was without forcing the defense to pull miracles out of their rear end in the red zone every time

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Hahaha eat poo poo Philly

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

epic bacon posted:

remember when the 8-0 Eagles lost

To Washington!

on Monday Night Football!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

In a year full of horrible roughing the passer calls that was still one of the more correct calls, he clearly gave himself up, can't touch him

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Philly fans seem to historically really buy into their dream team hype but I mean, they’re loaded and they’ve got draft picks for days. They’ve got no excuse to not be the absolute dominant force so I get the hype

You don't understand, this dream team has turned into a nightmare because they missed the facemask and now we cant eat a victory cheesesteak

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Giants aren't going to win any games that require Jones to throw the ball and actually consistently score, so I'm not surprised that one got away from them

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

of course that loving happened

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Nobody is talking much about Hurts in the mvp consideration as far as I can tell, they've acknowledged his step forward but not that hard

It's Mahomes' to lose imo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I think the better question is who in the NFC is the best threat to keep the Eagles out? The Vikings are frauds, whoever wins the south will get annihilated in the first round, the Cowboys are cursed to never get past the divisional and Mike McCarthy is dumb, none of the other wildcard contenders are strong enough to really threaten them

Probably just the 49ers with that defense are strong enough to stop the Eagles if the Eagles play well and don't brain fart like they did against Washington. Then again, brainfarts can happen at any time, which makes the playoffs so fun

Eagles haven't played much genuine competition yet because the good teams are all in the AFC, except the AFCS, which was the division the NFCE played and dunked on all year

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Lions are probably going to steal a wildcard spot but they aren't winning the north, all the Vikings have to do is win a single game

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I grew up in Maryland and in my experience DC drivers are hell. DC is hell. Do not drive near DC. Everything is 20 minutes further away than it should be, everyone drives like oblivious morons, and traffic makes what should be a brief commute last 2 hours

Pennsylvania drivers are fine, it's the roads that suck. Everything is in bad shape and they close 6 miles of a lane on a freeway to work on a single storm drain

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Toaster Beef posted:

everybody in this thread, including myself, is loving insufferable at all times

Hey

I'm not here often enough for it to be at all times

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

This is the New and Improved NFCE.

Every team will make the playoffs and none of them will actually win a single playoff game

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Lol Giants got away with DPI there but gently caress yeah Giants baby

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In retrospect, the RushBoys beating the Bengals makes no sense

Not really, Cowboys D was playing lights out earlier this year, especially getting pressure, and the Bengals hadn't yet figured out their offense and notably struggle protecting Burrow

All Rush had to do was not gently caress up, and he was good at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Really sucks the Vikes needs a record setting FG to win the game.

Losing to record-setting 60 yard field goals are a Giants specialty

Giants would have won that game if our secondary wasn't so banged up and the Giants had a good, legitimate #1 WR. Chances are looking pretty high we end up bringing Jones back so if that's gonna happen please god get a big #1 guy out there