Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I realized I should maybe post this because MY WIFE hadn't even heard of them

quote:

skate key
Jump to navigationJump to search
English
Noun
skate key (plural skate keys)

A small wrench used to adjust old-fashioned roller skates of the kind that were fitted to the wearer's shoes.
A small, sometimes key-shaped wrench used to adjust skateboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I realized I should maybe post this because MY WIFE hadn't even heard of them

That song is going to be stuck in my head for the next day at least

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Hearing Strange Animal by Gowan while Bruce does a sketch with half of the Tallboyz makes my Scarborough heart sing.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Gordon, only a whore weighs herself

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also dropping tomorrow on Amazon Prime is "Comedy Punks" a documentary about Kids in the Hall.
https://twitter.com/pulmyears/status/1527359792406138893

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 19, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it kinda blows my mind that Scott is probably the best/youngest looking one of the bunch now. i always thought he looked a good 10 years older than everyone

kevin is straight up a lich now

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

precision posted:

it kinda blows my mind that Scott is probably the best/youngest looking one of the bunch now. i always thought he looked a good 10 years older than everyone

kevin is straight up a lich now

I laughed in the first episode because I was thinking "man, everyone still has pretty great hair for their ages... Except Kevin" and then they immediately made a joke about his hair.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DaveSFoley/status/1527749543059931136

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/ScottThompson_/status/1535023184004644864

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Scott had an absolute banger of a Buddy monologue during their last tour and I hope he gets to use it again on the show. I hope they reuse at least a couple, I remember there being some really great sketches.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
This show has ruined faucets for me, because now whenever I turn one on all I can think is "oh nooooo, this water isn't hothot, i need it to be hothot, not lukewarm"

Thanks a lot McDonald :mad:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So ages ago Scott wrote an in character Buddy Cole memoir, "Buddy Babylon" and recently released it as an in character audiobook.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Youtube channel Red Letter Media did a review of Kids in the Hall Brain Candy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcY7nWaZVE
I'm mostly posting it because they talk about something I had never heard of, namely that there's an alternate workprint version of the movie floating around out there on the internet. It sounds like it is mostly the same, barring some minor different cuts, up until Chris learns about the comas. Things play out differently but hit the same plot points up until the very end where instead of trying to find a cure for the comas Chris just takes the drug and goes into a coma himself with the end of the movie him on a float in the coma parade.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I expected this return to be a lot more like other returns; intermittent shades of the old greatness, entertaining enough to justify its existence, but lacking in magic.

I was wrong, and I'm delighted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'm going to need way more seasons of Kith

And now here's Melanie with brand new key

muscles like this! posted:

Youtube channel Red Letter Media did a review of Kids in the Hall Brain Candy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELcY7nWaZVE
I'm mostly posting it because they talk about something I had never heard of, namely that there's an alternate workprint version of the movie floating around out there on the internet. It sounds like it is mostly the same, barring some minor different cuts, up until Chris learns about the comas. Things play out differently but hit the same plot points up until the very end where instead of trying to find a cure for the comas Chris just takes the drug and goes into a coma himself with the end of the movie him on a float in the coma parade.

Just bought this years blu-ray of this and rewatched it. Sucks that it's still barebones, just like the DVD before it. But hey, it's actually in print, and it looks fantastic.

Watched all the deleted scenes and alternate ending on youtube (thanks random uploader!)..Honestly, they made the right call on losing all of this stuff. The whole dave playing a fry cook/cult leader thread is..not great.
The only change that works is the memory we see herdicure (scotts grandma character) trapped in is the reverse of what we see- her son being loving. He offers her tea, which cuts into her repeating "tea...tea"..
That said, what they went with, the short apathetic visit is way funnier, and actually works better with the ending reveal of her worst memory.

The downer ending was pretty bad..felt lazier. He tries to rally a crowd, realizes they are all on the drug and happy, and he just pops the pill after seeing scott's gay dad character stuck in the loop, just like the normal cut.
From there they reveal that he's part of the coma prom floats. Normally I dig the depressing ending but the default one works better for me.

If you watch the trailer there's a ton of shots not in the final cut or the workprint...Wish they'd dig out all of the stuff on the cutting room floor but apparently paramount got rid of all of it, the lovely workprint dub is the only thing left.

Also, the movie still holds up and is as hilarious as it ever was.

MY EMPIRE IS CRUMBLING!!!!!!

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Aug 30, 2022