Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Eggers agrees with you, and was willing to give up final cut to get it.

Robert Eggers posted:

Well, OK. I knew when I gave the script to the studio that I was not going to have final cut on this movie. And that was a risk I was willing to take. The studio took a big risk on letting somebody made two sensationalist arthouse movies to make a big loving Viking movie single-camera with all of his heads of departments. Frankly, our resumes did not warrant us making this movie, and they let us do it, which is amazing. I promised them the most entertaining Robert Eggers movie I could make.

I’m not saying this is a perfect movie, but at least I can say I stand behind my choices, because I had to consider all of them so carefully.

From this interview, which has some really interesting information on the process.

I saw it a matinee. Absolutely loved it. It had the occasional Dark Soulsian vibe that I was not expecting, but in retrospect seems kinda obvious. In a way it also has that feeling of Apocalypto, you're just on a roller coaster. There are peaks and valleys, but it's not stopping.

Cataffy fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU