Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

RobbZombae posted:

Does "authenticity" really loving matter that much?

Does it detract from the film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Some skulls were found with horizontal marks on their teeth.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I loved everything to do with Odin in Valhalla, but not only was it drawn out and boring, half the time you're a CSI investigator and also a Supernanny to English royalty. Pick a lane.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Monglo posted:

The supernatural isn't real. The visuals are just an expression of how the people perceived the world. If it was real, then we we wouldn't have had the burial mound fight double scene.

I dunno. The sword being stuck in the scabbard for different people has to be supernatural. It reads like they wanted to have it both ways.

Spermando fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 27, 2022

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
At least we got the tilting shot of the lighthouse instead, which to me is a win.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

I really enjoyed Ethan Hawke’s line about the unknowable world of women. Can’t recall exactly how it went, but very well written. Also the phrase: “women’s tide” in reference to menstruation. I’m sure that’s an old one but it got me to crack a grin.

I think he said men shouldn't practice women's magic, which apparently was a very dishonourable thing in the viking age. And then you see his brother doing just that in his little temple.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I don't remember the exact quote from the film, but I do remember that at the time it made me think of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZFkPaoafBo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=679oLpzZkGw
Pro-click.