Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Triumph. Tremendous. Epic. Amazing. Goes hard.

Best movie of this year.

I swear this felt like a $100 big budget blockbuster. The story weaving something of myth and magic into a harsh look at the life of a Viking even if fictional is so well done.

I hope it gets its due. The acting is amazing from everyone, the scenery and lighting, costumes, direction, everything, like wow.

Edit: budget was $90 million lol. It felt it. I didn’t expect this but well done.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
In ancient mythology Gods and Heroes and such were not pure and were actually pretty hosed up and making and getting into hosed up situations. It’s very easy to see this is not a glorification but a harsh telling of what went on with Vikings and raiding and pillaging and whatnot. I didn’t relate to the hero as gently caress yeah but we see he’s caught up in his times and is complicit in evil and kind of bought into propaganda/superstition of either his own or of his “tribe” or father.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Odin literally shows up in this movie. Isn’t there a bearded figure with 2 crows by him?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I liked this more than the Lighthouse…but I may need to see the Lighthouse again cause I was drunk the first time.

I thought this is the first movie Skarskard showed some growth or depth as an actor vs some of his past movies.

This movie is a showcase of toxic hosed up masculinity

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do feel the penis is more of a taboo for some reason. Hollywood has no problem sexualizing women and their bodies but it feels a very sort of men don’t want to look at men’s penis’ kind of thing coming from a male perspective.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hahahaha that’s great

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Look…I think it’s worth it to throw another $200 million at Eggers and let him do whatever he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Conan the Barbarian. Hamlet/Macbeth. Fight Club. The Last Duel.

Only God Forgives.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 27, 2022