Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nestharken posted:

Spoilers for The VVitch, just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet (you should!):
Eggers has mentioned in interviews before that the corn had a fungus known as ergot growing on it that can cause a bunch of health problems, including hallucinations. I haven't seen the movie in a minute, but I *think* the only supernatural thing that any of the main characters witness before the tainted corn is revealed is the baby being carried off right at the beginning by what looks like an invisible person, but that could also be a wolf or coyote parting the tall grass, IIRC.

I never bought that theory. Like 10 minutes into the movie we see The Witch putting a knife to the baby, making some ointment and then flying on a goddamn broom, with nobody else around witnessing it. The ergot and stuff is better for explaining why they're all at each other's throats but the witch(es) in that movie seem unambiguously real..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU