Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I couldn't help but notice, but was the Valkyrie wearing braces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The CGI was convincing to the extent I'm not sure if any of the onscreen arses were real.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla was a game I dropped 20 hours in because it was unbelievably loving boring. You, a Viking, have to invade all sixteen regions of England and install sixteen puppet leaders. Mafia 3 was grindy though the story was excellent, Valhalla simply took the piss sixteen times. The worst part was how it sanitized the role of the Viking colonials. You go around doing amusing fetch-quests for everyone and you get a game-over for killing a civilian of all things.

I may have dreaded every bit of the raid seen in The Northman, but I loved how it didn't hide how foreign and hosed up the Norse invaders were.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

AC Valhalla also let you go to the realms Asgard and Jotunheim, only to make them boring. A true feat, that.

I'm not familiar with the myth of Amleth. How much did the bard nick for his play?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Hellblade would be a good call.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can confidentially say the pacing in this movie never flags, because every ten minutes or so something brutal or horrifying happens.